Windows 10: Update Keeps Failing

Discus and support Update Keeps Failing in Windows 10 Ask Insider to solve the problem; [ATTACH] I keep getting the "Couldn't Complete Updates" error when trying to install the newest update. This is the error: (0x800f0922) And this... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Ask Insider' started by /u/UselessGuy23, Feb 18, 2021.

1. Update Keeps Failing

Update Keeps Failing cAhz3zrbQOhDx-WlWTNXEdsLOESUI8-0P3I3Jp2a-HE.jpg

I keep getting the "Couldn't Complete Updates" error when trying to install the newest update.

This is the error: (0x800f0922)

And this is my admittedly haphazard disk layout

https://preview.redd.it/gmjx1io50di...bp&s=08256fdb930b1d28c7915a23e6f33a820bf3f381

G houses the virtual C drive created with WinToUSB, D contains Clover Bootloader, unnamed 502MB partition is Microsoft ESP. I don't know if this is relevant, but the other two are a multiboot tool and an ExFAT storage partition, respectively.

Could this nonstandard install be screwing with the update? How do I fix it without reinstalling?

submitted by /u/UselessGuy23
    [link] [comments]

:)

/u/UselessGuy23, Feb 18, 2021

2. One Drive update keeps failing

Lumia 735 keeps trying to update OneDrive and fails. saw there was a previous post from last year about this problem. Tried the suggestions listed but the update keeps failing

steve_williams, Feb 18, 2021
  3. Windows 10 fails to update

When you finish testing the Avast suggestion, make sure that you restart your machine.

Then if the issue persists, please return to the trouble shooting list in post# 89

I think there are three steps that remain; the WU troubleshooter, reset WU components, and manual WU reset.

Slartybart, Feb 18, 2021
  4. Ramon Imp Win User

Update Keeps Failing

Failed updates

Hi Lozo,

There are several possible reasons why Windows Updates are failing such as system file corruption or software conflict. For us to effectively assist you with your concern, we would like to know the following:

• Are there error messages associated with the failed updates?
    • What's the result of the Windows Update Troubleshooter? Did it detect any issues?
    • What troubleshooting steps have you tried so far? This is to prevent us from providing the same steps.

In the meantime, we recommend that you check this
    page
    and follow the instructions on how to troubleshoot Windows Update issues. If you've already tried some of the suggested steps in the article, you can skip those and proceed to the next one.

Keep us posted and we'll be willing to assist you further.

Ramon Imp, Feb 18, 2021
Thema:

Update Keeps Failing

1. Update Keeps Failing - Similar Threads - Update Keeps Failing

2. Updates keep failing

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Updates keep failing: I cannot for my life update my laptop... I keep getting "Undoing changes" after it tries to install the updates. It's been going on for a few months now whenever an update arises. Not only that It drastically slows everything down and everything becomes unresponsive once it's...
  3. Updates keep failing

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Updates keep failing: I cannot for my life update my laptop... I keep getting "Undoing changes" after it tries to install the updates. It's been going on for a few months now whenever an update arises. Not only that It drastically slows everything down and everything becomes unresponsive once it's...
  4. Updates keep failing

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
  5. Windows Update keeps failing to update

Windows Update keeps failing to update: Every time I tried to update from version 1803 to version 1903 or 20H2 of Windows 10, it stops updating at 48%, then shuts down my laptop HP 15 Notebook PC. When I started the computer back up after that, it undid the changes made during the updating process and I got the...
  6. Update Keeps Failing!

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Update Keeps Failing!: Ive tried the update several times, deleted the data for updates in utility, and nothing is working. How do I get the latest patch to install? submitted by /u/bowl_of_ostriches [link] [comments] https://www.reddit.com/r/Windows10/comments/jfhg2u/update_keeps_failing/
  7. update keeps on failing

in Microsoft Windows 10 Store
    update keeps on failing: update keeps on failing for windows 1909 to 2004 https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/update-keeps-on-failing/71869a41-829f-4ed1-b270-85bda0e9bdc8
  8. Update keeps failing

Update keeps failing: Hi, All the other updates seem to be working except for this. This has been going on for several days now and the windows 10 updater has been working and has been able to install other updates in the meantime. I'm not very knowledgeable with the inner workings of Windows,...
  9. update keeps failing

update keeps failing: 2019-3 cumulative update for Windows 10 ver 1809 for x64-based systems (KB4489899) gets to 16% then fails and says it needs to redownload the update please help. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/update-keeps-failing/e24e003d-de90-411e-83f7-2592fe20a884
  10. Updates keep failing

Updates keep failing: Hi, a few days ago I was getting an error so I wasn't able to install the cumulative update KB4483234 (0x80240034). Now I'm getting this error: 2019-01 Cumulative Update for Windows 10 Version 1803 for x64-based Systems (KB4480966) -Error 0x80070002 What should I do? I've...