Windows 10: Update killed my keyboard and mouse

Discus and support Update killed my keyboard and mouse in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; The May 2020 update ended up killing my mouse and keyboard. Had to uninstall it. Got some functions back but the computer is a mess, slow internet and... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by wast my time, May 15, 2020.

1. Update killed my keyboard and mouse

The May 2020 update ended up killing my mouse and keyboard. Had to uninstall it. Got some functions back but the computer is a mess, slow internet and just sucks!

I've spent 11 hours on this. The new thing is the Audio Service will not run or reinstall no sound!. Is MS going to fix my issues?

IT guys are lost. Is this why I buy your product?

:)

wast my time, May 15, 2020
  2. John Fer Win User

Unresponsive Mouse and Keyboard in Windows 10

Hi,

One reason why your mouse and keyboard is not working is because of an outdated driver. We suggest that you update the mouse and keyboard driver by following the steps below:

• Pres Windows+X key on your keyboard.
    • Select Device Manager.
    • Locate the mouse and keyboard drivers, right click, then click on Update.

If you need further assistance, don't hesitate to reach out.

John Fer, May 15, 2020
  3. keyboard and mouse not working

Hi Chrystal,

For us to properly isolate the issue with your keyboard and mouse, we would like to know the following:

• Were there any changes made on your computer prior to the issue (e.g., updates, software installation)?
    • Are you using a wired or wireless keyboard and mouse?
    • Have you tried using a different keyboard and mouse? If yes, how was it?
    • Have you tried using your keyboard and mouse to another computer? If yes, what is the result?
    • To make sure that we have not missed on anything, what troubleshooting steps have you done so far?

As an initial troubleshooting, we suggest that you try updating your keyboard and mouse drivers to resolve the issue. You may also check and follow the troubleshooting steps in this
    article.

We look forward to your response.

Michael Gall, May 15, 2020
  4. Update killed my keyboard and mouse

keyboard and mouse pad problems

Hi James,

Thank you for posting your query in Microsoft Community. Appreciate your interest in using Windows 10.

I suggest you to update the drivers for keyboard and mouse by following the steps below.

• Right click on Start icon and select Device Manager.
    • Expand Keyboard (for keyboard) and Mice and other pointing devices (for mouse).
    • Right click on the driver and select Update Driver Software.

Hope the information is helpful. Feel free to
    write to us for any other assistance with Windows, we’ll be glad to assist you.

Eeshwar Kumar, May 15, 2020
Thema:

Update killed my keyboard and mouse

1. Update killed my keyboard and mouse - Similar Threads - Update killed keyboard

2. Updates are killing my productivity

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Updates are killing my productivity: I work from home. Zoom calls and software development over internet connections.My internet speed is the fastest that I can get at my location, and that is 1.5 Mbps download and 0.2 Mbps upload. If I could get faster internet here, I would. Fiber is not in my area. I am in...
  3. Update killed my Bluetooth

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Update killed my Bluetooth: I dont have Bluetooth anymore. I cant see it on tray and settings. The Windows got updated and I dont want to uninstall it. I want to be able to connect using Bluetooth. I need help since I cant do anything in this PC without connecting to Bluetooth....
  4. recent update killed my mouse, tried a wired mouse and it fails to to work as well

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    recent update killed my mouse, tried a wired mouse and it fails to to work as well: My logitech wireless mouse was working fine before recent update. now it doesn't work. tried a wired mouse and it doesn't work either. I have tried the other ports and none of them are functioning....
  5. windows 10 update killed my keyboard.

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    windows 10 update killed my keyboard.: So, me and my wife unfortunately own a windows 10 laptop. This laptop has been trying to force us to update for weeks, saying our version is going out of service. I have been avoiding this update, because I already know the headaches windows updates cause foreshadowing?....
  6. windows 10 update killed my pc. no post no boot, no mouse, no keyboard, no display

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    windows 10 update killed my pc. no post no boot, no mouse, no keyboard, no display: help me recover https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/windows-10-update-killed-my-pc-no-post-no-boot-no/0f0c34e1-8f33-4c4d-aa8d-0df2b08a6386
  7. Keyboard and rotation killed by updat - AGAIN

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Keyboard and rotation killed by updat - AGAIN: Latest "feature update" 1909 managed to kill both autorotation and automatic onscreen keyboard on Linxs 1010 tablet. How does a company allow quality flaws to repeat? However this is not my question. I am asking how to fix the problem or rather I am asking Ms8ft to fix the...
  8. win10 update kill lenovo b50 keyboard

win10 update kill lenovo b50 keyboard: Everything works until first update, and after that keyboard dont work. I have installed 3 times from scratsh, and same problem with 2 lenovo laptop------?????...
  9. Windows Update killed my mouse

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Windows Update killed my mouse: I have no idea which update it was but one of you're updates just killed my mouse, It is laggy as crap now! I even went and bought another mouse still same issue... I have read all the fixes you guys have posted tried them all no go, The problem is the windows update! period....
  10. Windows update...killed my keyboards

Windows update...killed my keyboards: The latest w 10 updates have killed my surface keyboard and disabled the numbers pad on my desktop. I want to make the latest update go away...