Windows 10: Update killed my laptop

Discus and support Update killed my laptop in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; So like many people my computer just updated and is now useless. All of fixes do not work for me. I cannot click anything. Windows +e just gives me... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by JenniOC, Nov 21, 2018.

1. JenniOC Win User

Update killed my laptop

So like many people my computer just updated and is now useless. All of fixes do not work for me. I cannot click anything. Windows +e just gives me that another error "an attempt was made to reference a token that does not exists". My laptop was perfect before this update now it is useless. Please Help! Windows 10, April 2018 Update, Location not available error: Desktop is unavailable - blank desktop all functionality gone

:)

JenniOC, Nov 21, 2018
  2. n-ster Win User
    n-ster, Nov 21, 2018
  3. 3Colors Win User
    Windows Updated(16299.309).KB4088776 Restart is required to complete.

Hi dalchina. Good news, I followed your suggestion and reinstalled the update and now it appears as "installed correctly" *Biggrin Maybe it was not necessary to run the Windows Update Troubleshooter or maybe if necessary. But using it I do not think it could have worsened something. The installation was very fast, unlike the first time it showed step 1 and step 2 completed.

Thanks for the suggestions and for the time to respond Update killed my laptop :) Best regards.

And thanks for the tip of that program, I'll have it on my list.

3Colors, Nov 21, 2018
  4. jds63 Win User

Update killed my laptop

Most Recent Windows 10 Update Killed Sound

What kind of speakers do you use and meaning it killed your speakers ? Maybe speaker connection is an issue, but most likely something with sound device settings or drivers. What exact steps have you tried. Anyone of filling in system specs here or listing them as it helps us more to help you.

jds63, Nov 21, 2018
Thema:

Update killed my laptop

1. Update killed my laptop - Similar Threads - Update killed laptop

2. Updates killing my laptop, again.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Updates killing my laptop, again.: I'll keep on posting the same old complaint as long as Microsoft keep on destroying my laptop and wasting all my time.I use my laptop only occasionally. That's my prerogative. I guess I use it even less knowing how awful Microsoft is now.Every single time I try to use my...
  3. Updates killing my laptop, again.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Updates killing my laptop, again.: I'll keep on posting the same old complaint as long as Microsoft keep on destroying my laptop and wasting all my time.I use my laptop only occasionally. That's my prerogative. I guess I use it even less knowing how awful Microsoft is now.Every single time I try to use my...
  4. Update error killed my laptop...

in Windows 10 Customization
    Update error killed my laptop...: Around a month ago, I bought a new laptop Lenovo Flex 5 with Intel i7 11th gen and intel iris graphics and just a few days ago I was updating it and then it just became unusably slow so slow that my 7-year-old laptop was faster, The CPU was always at 100% even when I was not...
  5. Windows update killed my laptops

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Windows update killed my laptops: In late 2018 we had yet another forced windows update that we cant actually turn off so my laptop went and updated its windows 10 installation and restarted. It attempted to boot into windows but its just displayed a flashing cursor for 2 seconds then a black screen. Despite...
  6. Windows update killed my laptop

Windows update killed my laptop: Do not switch off your computer Sitting there for hours. Restore failed. FAILED. Startup repair failed Go back to previous version failed. Leaving the only option to reset it. You utter Wombles. You festervering sores on the backsides of dungbeatles. Months of...
  7. Win10 update kills my laptop

Win10 update kills my laptop: After a recent update, the laptop went back to the last app before the update, but could not open any other app except the file directory. Subsequently this app also disappeared and only the file app was functioning. On seeing only the C directory using the file app, I...
  8. Recent Update Killed My Laptop

Recent Update Killed My Laptop: Hello, As with many other, the recent update has killed my laptop with Windows updated recently. Here is all I get after the update: I start my computer up. I get the black screen with the spinning circle for a period of time that is way longer than it should be. My...
  9. Recent Update Killed My Laptop

Recent Update Killed My Laptop: Hello, As with many other, the recent update has killed my laptop with Windows updated recently. Here is all I get after the update: I start my computer up. I get the black screen with the spinning circle for a period of time that is way longer than it should be. My...
  10. Anniversary update killed my laptop

in Windows 10 Support
    Anniversary update killed my laptop: Hi guys Comin over from seven forums *Smile After a recent update, i shut down my notebook. Next time I turned it on it got suck right after POST, so all I see is a blank screen. This happens before windows even begins to load, it's basically a DOS style blank screen...