Windows 10: Update Labels not working in Mail Merge

Discus and support Update Labels not working in Mail Merge in Microsoft Office and 365 to solve the problem; I am trying to create a list of mailing labels via Mail Merge in Word 2016. I go to Mailings, Start Mail Merge, select the labels, select the... Discussion in 'Microsoft Office and 365' started by rosede, Dec 21, 2020.

1. rosede Win User

Update Labels not working in Mail Merge

I am trying to create a list of mailing labels via Mail Merge in Word 2016.

I go to Mailings, Start Mail Merge, select the labels, select the recipients, via Outlook Contacts, set up the add the Address Block to the document and then I should be able to "Update Labels" and all of the "Labels" on the page should get an Address Block, however, nothing. If I click the "Preview Results", I can see the addresses, one at a time in the upper left corner of the document, but the addresses never get populated throughout the doc like they should.

I'm out of ideas. I've done my google searches, and from what I've read, I'm doing everything correctly, but the doc just doesn't update like its supposed to do. I only do this about once a year, so it's possible that I'm doing something wrong, I just don't know what it is.

Thanks

Daryl

:)

rosede, Dec 21, 2020
  2. rosede Win User

I am trying to create a list of mailing labels via Mail Merge in Word 2016.

I go to Mailings, Start Mail Merge, select the labels, select the recipients, via Outlook Contacts, set up the add the Address Block to the document and then I should be able to "Update Labels" and all of the "Labels" on the page should get an Address Block, however, nothing. If I click the "Preview Results", I can see the addresses, one at a time in the upper left corner of the document, but the addresses never get populated throughout the doc like they should.

I'm out of ideas. I've done my google searches, and from what I've read, I'm doing everything correctly, but the doc just doesn't update like its supposed to do. I only do this about once a year, so it's possible that I'm doing something wrong, I just don't know what it is.

Thanks

Daryl

rosede, Dec 21, 2020
  3. Avery Label Printing using word mail merge

After many years of successful label printing my labels are missmatching down the page when printing. I am using Avery J8160 and Word mail merge using filtered Outlook contacts list. I have copied the merged file to my laptop which is connected to the same
    HPC8180 All in Printer and it works fine.

Any clues please

Jim

Moved from: Windows / Windows 10 / Performance & system failures

JamesButterworth_624, Dec 21, 2020
  4. Involute Win User

Word Mail Merge appending blank label to every legit label

I've created a mail merge document drawing data from an Excel spreadsheet and merging to address labels to be printed from a Brother label printer. Everything formats and prints fine, except Word is appending a blank label to every record, as you can see below, which would cause me to waste a lot of labels if I proceeded with this. I'm unable to delete the paragraph mark on the blank label. I thought this might have something to do with the table layout, but I haven't been able to find any table formatting tools to play with. I used the Mail Merge Wizard to set this up. Thanks for any tips.

Update Labels not working in Mail Merge [​IMG]

Involute, Dec 21, 2020
Thema:

1. Update Labels not working in Mail Merge - Similar Threads - Update Labels working

2. Mail Merge Labels for Windows 10

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Mail Merge Labels for Windows 10: I did a mail merge for labels and used a table by accident. Saved the new list after I set up the changes. Now every time I try to do another label mail merge it defaults to a table and won't accept all of my contacts. I tried converting to text but that just gave me a...
  3. Mail Merge Labels for Windows 10

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Mail Merge Labels for Windows 10: I did a mail merge for labels and used a table by accident. Saved the new list after I set up the changes. Now every time I try to do another label mail merge it defaults to a table and won't accept all of my contacts. I tried converting to text but that just gave me a...
  4. Mail Merge Labels for Windows 10

in Windows 10 Customization
  5. Word Mail Merge appending blank label to every legit label

in Microsoft Office and 365
    Word Mail Merge appending blank label to every legit label: I've created a mail merge document drawing data from an Excel spreadsheet and merging to address labels to be printed from a Brother label printer. Everything formats and prints fine, except Word is appending a blank label to every record, as you can see below, which would...
  6. Mail merge with Windows Mail

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Mail merge with Windows Mail: Can you do a mail merge to email using Windows Mail? I've set my default email app to Mail, but it doesn't send the emails. I've done mail merges to Outlook in the past so have no trouble going through the right steps in Word, using an Excel list for the email addresses....
  7. Merging in Mailing

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Merging in Mailing: Trying to merge info onto envelopes in "Mailing" A message jumps up 'Catastrophic Error' Went to Updates ,Restarted , nothing helps Need Help ASAP. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/merging-in-mailing/4b6f16ef-556f-4988-975a-83f23ec18c8e
  8. Mail Merge

Mail Merge: I can't insert the state in the insert merge field. It says unmatched https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/mail-merge/4edc924f-9a2c-4e58-92d6-3e15fbdb481a
  9. Mailing Options & Labels

Mailing Options & Labels: Sir or Maam, (as the case may be), I was told that there is an option that is supposed to be on my h-p computer that will allow me to print envelops and labels in Microsoft Word, but I have not found it. Using Microsoft 10. Help! and thank you in advance. *** Email...
  10. Mail Merge

Mail Merge: How do I get Microsoft Mail to download from an imap account? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/mail-merge/f3d3bddd-dc27-4e53-ae80-7e2778dac1a3