Windows 10: Update laptop with brand new SSD

Discus and support Update laptop with brand new SSD in Windows 10 Software and Apps to solve the problem; Hello.I have a laptop with Windows 8. I want to upgrade the device with a brand new SSD, but I would like to know two things:1. Is it possible to use... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Software and Apps' started by J Manuel MX, Aug 19, 2022.

1. Update laptop with brand new SSD

Hello.I have a laptop with Windows 8. I want to upgrade the device with a brand new SSD, but I would like to know two things:1. Is it possible to use my Windows 8 license to install Windows in this SSD? I have the key in an official Dell/ Microsoft document that came with the laptop when I bought it. 2. If the answer to question 1 is yes, is it possible, or could I use this key to update the device with the SSD with Windows 11? I hope I was clear.Regards.

:)

J Manuel MX, Aug 19, 2022
  2. menarez Win User

brand new lap top battery

I ran the troubleshoot power option and it said “Display brightness setting is too high”

but it’s a brand new laptop, i should think I could expect the most from it.

I haven’t tried the next steps uou have suggested yet.

menarez, Aug 19, 2022
  3. SSD stops and freezes laptop

Couple of updates:

1. I created a Linux boot USB key, and monitored my SSD under Linux, so this is evidently not a Windows issue, and
    2. I loaded new firmware for the SSD, and my system seems to be functioning normally now. What a pleasure using a PC that doesn't consistently freeze up.

Thanks to all y'all for your suggestions!

Regards,

Dave

DavidMiller36415, Aug 19, 2022
  4. btarunr Win User

Update laptop with brand new SSD

Intel Readies P55 Chipset B3 Stepping Update

Intel's is readying a hardware update for its P55 Express chipset, currently the only core-logic for the company's brand new socket LGA-1156 processor platform. The new B3 stepping of the P55 PCH will bring with it a little more than new MM number and S-spec numbers. A list of changes is as follows:
    • New MM number and S-spec numbers for the converted products;
    • Firmware and minor BIOS updates are required with the conversion;
    • Processor MRC/microcode update required to enable future processors;
    • Recommended storage driver upgrade from Intel MSM 8.9 to Intel RST 9.5.
    Although it is listed that the MRC update enables 'future processors', Intel, in a statement issued to X-bit labs assured that the current B2 stepping of the chipset (found on current socket LGA-1156 motherboards) does not leave out support for any of Intel's new LGA-1156 processors that are slated for release in the very near future. The dual-core "Clarkale" 32 nm processor will be supported by both B2 and B3 steppings of the chipset.

P55 B3 stepping is pin-identical to P55 B2, and hence motherboard vendors will not have to come up with new designs. Sampling of the new stepping began as early as on October 02, 2009, and it is scheduled for shipment to manufacturers by the 7th of December, 2009. P55 is the performance core-logic for the LGA-1156 platform. It supports Core i5 and Core i7 "Lynnfield" processors with discrete graphics.

Source: X-bit labs

btarunr, Aug 19, 2022
Thema:

Update laptop with brand new SSD

1. Update laptop with brand new SSD - Similar Threads - Update laptop brand

2. Brand new laptop cannot detect M.2 SSD

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Brand new laptop cannot detect M.2 SSD: I have been working on a brand new out of box laptop that has completely thrown me for a loop. I wiped 11 off since the friend that gave it to me to work on didnt want that OS, so i started on wiping it and getting it ready for 10. The first roadblock was after the wipe, now...
  3. Brand new laptop cannot detect M.2 SSD

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Brand new laptop cannot detect M.2 SSD: I have been working on a brand new out of box laptop that has completely thrown me for a loop. I wiped 11 off since the friend that gave it to me to work on didnt want that OS, so i started on wiping it and getting it ready for 10. The first roadblock was after the wipe, now...
  4. Brand new laptop cannot detect M.2 SSD

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
  5. Update laptop with brand new SSD

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Update laptop with brand new SSD: Hello.I have a laptop with Windows 8. I want to upgrade the device with a brand new SSD, but I would like to know two things:1. Is it possible to use my Windows 8 license to install Windows in this SSD? I have the key in an official Dell/ Microsoft document that came with the...
  6. Brand new laptop--windows update failure??

Brand new laptop--windows update failure??: I literally just got this new laptop today and I am making setting changes and ran across this.. I don't know how I am already experiencing issues with a brand new laptop. Can you help? I've tried troubleshooting the windows update & restarted my computer. But when I pulled...
  7. WANT TO REPLACE LAPTOP HD WITH A BRAND NEW CLEAN SSD

WANT TO REPLACE LAPTOP HD WITH A BRAND NEW CLEAN SSD: I have a Dell Inspiron 15-5000 series which has a hard drive that I am sure has some conflict issues with the OS. A recent major update did not fix it. My data is sacrosanct and don't want to lose it. Therefore I will copy that over to a safe storage. Apps can be reinstalled,...
  8. Brand new SSD not working?

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Brand new SSD not working?: I just got a brand new SSD Kingston 240 GB SSD. Installed Windows 10 on it. Restarted the PC and it wouldn't boot, no operating system found. I went into Windows installation once again and I see the SSD being shown as an 2 TB drive with 0 MB free. What is going on? This...
  9. Brand New laptop

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Brand New laptop: After loading MS office 365 and down loading updates. I restarted my lap top as required and now all it states is "PREPAREING AUTOMATIC REPAIR." Tis is a brand NEW LAPTOP, ??? What is up with this ....
  10. Brand new computer Brand New Updates

Brand new computer Brand New Updates: computer was bought friday by my wife it worked AWESOME!!! did some form of update sunday night while we were sleeping computer has not worked right since it randomly crashes with a new reason each time and this happened after a microsoft update and even the store the...