Windows 10: Update leads to reboots, failure

Discus and support Update leads to reboots, failure in Windows 10 Updates and Activation to solve the problem; The latest Win 10 update (from about 8/12) has really hosed me. Every morning the computer tries to install it, fails, and then removes the update. No... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Updates and Activation' started by KenOC, Aug 15, 2015.

1. KenOC Win User

Update leads to reboots, failure

The latest Win 10 update (from about 8/12) has really hosed me. Every morning the computer tries to install it, fails, and then removes the update. No error codes. This take about six reboots and half an hour. Never ran into this before. I'm about to roll back to Win 7 if I can't resolve this. Any suggestions?

I tried the trick of setting "metered connection" in the Wi-Fi settings, but that did no good, apparently because the update is already stored on my machine...

:)

KenOC, Aug 15, 2015
  2. Jelu Cal Win User

Windows Update Failure leads to string of support errors

Hi,

Concerns related to Windows Update installation can be due to broken system files on your device. To better understand your concern, we'd like to know the following:

• If you're using an administrator account when you've downloaded and installed the Windows Update.
    • If you're using a device that is managed by an organization or a domain.
    • The version and build of Windows 10 Pro that you're using on your device. To check this, you can perform the steps posted on this

link

In the meantime, we'd recommend running the
    Windows Update Troubleshooter
    in the clean boot environment. Performing a clean boot in Windows will isolate software conflicts on your device. To do this, you can perform the steps posted on this

link
    . The link provides steps on how to isolate the cause of your concern. Once you're done troubleshooting, you'd need to revert your device to normal boot. To do this, check the How to reset the computer to start normally after clean boot troubleshooting
    section of the link.

We look forward to your response.

Jelu Cal, Aug 15, 2015
  3. Windows Update Failure leads to string of support errors

Windows 10 Pro

Windows Update fails with:

There were some problems installing updates, but we'll try again later. If you keep seeing this and want to search the web or contact support for information, this may help: (0x80070426)

I try "Get Help" on the right

Directed to download Windows Troubleshooter

Run as Administrator

That fails with:

An unexpected error occurred. The Troubleshooting wizard cannot continue.

0x803C0103

Go back to the original Get Help wizard, and reply to

Did this solve the problem?

No

I'm sorry that didn't work. You can try another question, or talk to a person

<call me back> grayed out

I try <chat>

Chat fails with

Something went wrong.

Please try again later.

There are no more endpoints available from the endpoint mapper.

davisdanielt, Aug 15, 2015
  4. Update leads to reboots, failure

First of all download offline installer of latest update from Complete List Windows 10 updates offline installer 2015

Then go to C:\Windows\SoftwareDistribution\Download delete all the files in this folder and try installing the update from the file you earlier downloaded from the given link. Hope your problem is solved

manpreetrehsi, Aug 15, 2015
  5. That's a great link... if they keep it updated. *Smile

teachermark, Aug 15, 2015
  6. KenOC Win User
    Many thanks! There are a lot of files and folders in C:\Windows\SoftwareDistribution\Download. Delete all of them?

KenOC, Aug 15, 2015
  7. yes delete all of them

manpreetrehsi, Aug 15, 2015
  8. KenOC Win User

Thanks, will try tomorrow. BTW, hate to sound dense, but how do I install the file you suggest downloading?

KenOC, Aug 15, 2015
  9. Just double click and follow the instructions

manpreetrehsi, Apr 5, 2018
Thema:

1. Update leads to reboots, failure - Similar Threads - Update leads reboots

2. Unknown Reason Lead to Laptop Reboot

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Unknown Reason Lead to Laptop Reboot: The computer had a reboot and I wonder if this could happen again. The computer has rebooted from a bugcheck. The bugcheck was: 0x000000be 0xffffd1800cd57218, 0x8a00000000300121, 0xfffff60646051d00, 0x000000000000000a. A dump was saved in:...
  3. Unknown Reason Lead to Laptop Reboot

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Unknown Reason Lead to Laptop Reboot: The computer had a reboot and I wonder if this could happen again. The computer has rebooted from a bugcheck. The bugcheck was: 0x000000be 0xffffd1800cd57218, 0x8a00000000300121, 0xfffff60646051d00, 0x000000000000000a. A dump was saved in:...
  4. Windows update problems leading to several driver failures

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Windows update problems leading to several driver failures: hi.. i have been trying to install updates available on my laptop. without the update my drivers are not working such as there is no audio and no brightness settings. But when i am downloading the update it is saying that there is an error of 0x80070002 to update my windows....
  5. mbr2gpt.exe failure leading to no video output

in Windows 10 Customization
    mbr2gpt.exe failure leading to no video output: Hello all, I was trying to switch from bios to uefi as my keyboard was not active until windows loaded thus preventing me from updating my motherboard bios. It was suggested i run mbr2gpt.exe to switch from legacy to uefi. It gave me the reagent error but said...
  6. PC reboot failure

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    PC reboot failure: [ATTACH] submitted by /u/Grubi03 [link] [comments] https://www.reddit.com/r/Windows10/comments/kjcrpt/pc_reboot_failure/
  7. Firewire driver update/uninstall leads to system reboot.

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Firewire driver update/uninstall leads to system reboot.: Hey r/Windows10 I wanted to update my firewire driver to a legacy version since I believe that is what is preventing my audio interface device from connnecting to my PC (via Firewire cable). However, every time i try to do anything regarding the drivers (update/uninstall),...
  8. Critical failure and reboots

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Critical failure and reboots: Hi! My PC specs below is 13 months old and has been plagued with BSOD siting kernel errors. I took it to the Geek Squad and ended up getting a new mobo. Unfortunately, it has not fixed the errors. Several times a day, I am getting crashes - sometimes blue screen, sometimes...
  9. Reboot failure

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Reboot failure: I cannot get my older laptop to reboot. Upon reboot I get the following message: The operating system did not shut down cleanly. Reconstructing Cache Metadate. Please do not interrupt this process. Eventually I get the rotating dots and it adds: Preparing Automatic...
  10. Windows 10 Update Failures-Immediate Reboot

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    Windows 10 Update Failures-Immediate Reboot: I've been trying to update to insider build 14342. My system shuts down and reboots normally for the update, but after the spinning cursor, I see what appears to be a command prompt on a blue screen flash briefly, then what appears to be the normal progress dialog for the...