Windows 10: Update locked me out of computer PIN no longer works

Discus and support Update locked me out of computer PIN no longer works in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; Computer updated and now it says PIN doesn't work because of security. The problem is I input my email wrong when I bought the computer (I jumbled it... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by MSTJ11, Oct 10, 2019.

1. MSTJ11 Win User

Update locked me out of computer PIN no longer works

Computer updated and now it says PIN doesn't work because of security. The problem is I input my email wrong when I bought the computer (I jumbled it with my work email. I didn't think much of it- set a pin and it always worked. Now I can't even get IN to my computer. The automated verification says it can't verify with info I supplied. It's asked for emails I've sent- I've never sent any from THAT account because it's not even an account.

What can I do? I'm locked out of my own computer and it's got all my data hostage.

I even went so far as to try to create an email with the jumbled one and because the messed up one has too many "." it's not accepted.

:)

MSTJ11, Oct 10, 2019

2. Can't create pin for login. Pin stopped working

Hi Kevin,

To resolve your concern about creating pin to your computer, we suggest that you follow these steps:

• Navigate to C:\Windows\ServiceProfiles\LocalService\AppData\Local\Microsoft\NGC (click to get permission when prompted).
    • Delete the contents of that folder (delete everything in that folder, but leave that folder and everything above it).
    • Go back to settings, accounts, sign in options.
    • Your non-working pin will now be gone, and you can just click 'add a pin' and set it again.

Let us know how it goes.

PreciousLeb, Oct 10, 2019
  3. Anne Fuj Win User
    Can't use my PIN to login any longer

Hi Tim,

To further assist you in signing in to your Windows computer, you can follow the steps provided below:

• From your
      lockscreen, check if the "Sign-in option" is available.

• Then click the option to use PIN.

• Enter PIN.

If that didn't work, we highly suggest that you create a new account/PIN that you can use to log in to your computer.

For more information on how to create a user account in Windows, you can click in this

support article

Let us know if you need further help.

Anne Fuj, Oct 10, 2019
  4. Update locked me out of computer PIN no longer works

my windows 10 pin no longer works after update

After today's update my windows 10 pin no longer works and the log in doesn't allow any other method of log in so I can't get to windows to reset pin, all of the proposed solutions require getting past the log in which I can't do so I am locked out of
    the computer, it is a tablet and does not have a cd drive and did not come with an install disk.

BruceRaiwater, Oct 10, 2019
Thema:

Update locked me out of computer PIN no longer works

1. Update locked me out of computer PIN no longer works - Similar Threads - Update locked computer

2. Locked out of computer

in Windows Hello & Lockscreen
    Locked out of computer: Hello I booted my pc in safe mode using msconfig and after restating i was prompted with the login screen. The problem aeries in that my password is rejected as incorrect, even after resetting it multiple times, I have essentially locked myself out of my PC and would...
  3. New update locks me out.

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    New update locks me out.: Hi guys and gals, I was just wondering if anyone knows of any fixes for the current windows update, I've reinstalled it 5 times now with the same issue. The issue being it boots up as normal, I get to the lock screen, I enter my pin and then my screen blinks then it's...
  4. Locked out of computer

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Locked out of computer: My office manager changed the password on her computer and cant remember it. I shared my windows 10 with her and she uses her email on that computer. We have tried resetting passwords online from both of our accounts and they dont work. Any suggestions before i pay to fix...
  5. Windows locked me out of my computer for no reason

in User Accounts and Family Safety
    Windows locked me out of my computer for no reason: So i was cleaning my computer earlier today and getting ready for backing it up with aomei backupper, and windows decided to add a password to my user account for some reason, without notifying me first. So i tried to sign in after booting my computer, and got a message...
  6. Resetting my computer locked me out

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Resetting my computer locked me out: I had a fail update and the error named sihost.exe been popping up so I reset the computer when that happen the Defaultuser0 came in now I'm looked out anyone know the password my computer is a windows hp covert to windows 10 it happen from windows failed update * Moved...
  7. My computer is locking me out

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    My computer is locking me out: i dont even know what to do at this point my start button and search button dont open when i click them i cant right click them when i try to run any thing in the run box it says my computer isnt ready the only things i can open are some of my files and my command prompt....
  8. Locked out of computer

in Windows Hello & Lockscreen
    Locked out of computer: Hey im locked out of my new computer. I was experimenting with settings and accidentally changed my account type on group membership to something owner. Im locked out and everytime i try to type in my password it says, “Your password was changed on a different device. You...
  9. Windows 10 Update Locked Me Out

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Windows 10 Update Locked Me Out: In the process of moving 5files from drivers c to e, MS began an update in the middle of the 3rd file transfer. The transfer froze and later dropped through to a blue screen with only part of my desktop and my files were unavailable. I can no longer log into my computer...
  10. No Password, but Microsoft locks me out of my computer

in User Accounts and Family Safety
    No Password, but Microsoft locks me out of my computer: I've setup this computer for the primary user to not have a password. However, upon creating a Microsoft account, the system AUTOMATICALLY changed my account from Local to MS. Of course, using KeePass, we created a secure account with an unknown password. Locked out!...