Windows 10: Update loop - recovered. What next?

Discus and support Update loop - recovered. What next? in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; I have recovered (for the second time) from the win 10 update loop. Lots of advice on how to do that, but what next? How do I get the update to stick... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by Anonymous5299, Jan 13, 2019.

1. Update loop - recovered. What next?

I have recovered (for the second time) from the win 10 update loop. Lots of advice on how to do that, but what next? How do I get the update to stick and work?

It's not helped by the tendency of the update to happen without warning - do this or do that because this may wreck your system!

I've turned off autoupdate, for now, but it means parking my OS indefinitely. Not a good step.

The articles on the update trials are so legion that a clear path really should be in place - it isn't.

Many thanks

:)

Anonymous5299, Jan 13, 2019

2. reboot/recovering loop NO WINDOWS SCREEN

Fall creators update failing since November, tried update assistant and some other easy things - none worked.

I blocked the update, uninstalled update assistant and now I'm stuck in a loop of reboot for 3 seconds and "recovering" for about 3 seconds then back to starting/recovering. I am unable to get to any windows screen. Right now I am using an old laptop with
    Windows 7 since my newer one won't work due to this stupid upgrade. Do I need to by another new laptop? or is there some way to salvage my "good" one that's stuck in this stupid loop? Please dont give me a long list of scary/time consuming stuff to do, I'm
    fed up that my perfectly good laptop can't be used because of an update.

Beth1234wa, Jan 13, 2019
  3. Twitter RSS feed and Loop

So, my Twitter RSS feed won't update, and I can't post anything to twitter from the Loop or Kin Studio. Suggestions?

CommieCOZY, Jan 13, 2019
  4. Update loop - recovered. What next?

HTC One M8 Bitlocker Recover Loop

Well, it took some looking but I finally found a way to fix it on the XDA Developers website.

http://forum.xda-developers.com/one...guide-flashing-htc-one-m8-windows-to-t3203072

I used this for the AT&T version and just downloaded the AT&T ROM, followed the steps and was able to recover my device back to the original Windows Phone 8 ROM. The forum does have links to the Verizon and T-Mobile ROMs as well.

Note: After recovering it the phone was stuck in a boot loop that got me to the Windows icon screen, I had to do another hard reset on the phone using the following steps:

• Turn the power off.
    • Press and hold the VOLUME DOWN button, and then briefly press the POWER button. Release the VOLUME DOWN button when you see an icon on the screen.
    • Then press the following hardware buttons in sequence: VOLUME UP > VOLUME DOWN > POWER > VOLUME DOWN
    After this the phone finally booted to the gears screen and finished loading the ROM. Then of course I had to download apps and reactivate the Windows Insider app so I could update to Windows 10 Mobile again, but the process honestly fixed a lot of little
    issues I'd been having for a while.. and my phone is no longer bricked.

Superman8180, Jan 13, 2019
Thema:

Update loop - recovered. What next?

1. Update loop - recovered. What next? - Similar Threads - Update loop recovered

2. what is the next update from windows 7?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    what is the next update from windows 7?: I'm running Windows 7 Home premium right now, what do I upgrade to from here? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/what-is-the-next-update-from-windows-7/da49df47-4f0f-44cf-b1a5-4f0c43006fc2
  3. what is the next update from windows 7?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    what is the next update from windows 7?: I'm running Windows 7 Home premium right now, what do I upgrade to from here? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/what-is-the-next-update-from-windows-7/da49df47-4f0f-44cf-b1a5-4f0c43006fc2
  4. What next, MR

in Windows 10 Backup and Restore
    What next, MR: So ive made the bootable recovery onto a USB pendrive and made and image of the C drive onto an external SSD, so im going to do a back up every week so what do i choose, full image every time Incremental or differential ? 183538
  5. HDD crashed, installed new SSD, recovered HDD - what to do next?

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    HDD crashed, installed new SSD, recovered HDD - what to do next?: Windows 10 - older desktop computer. First the story:Had a 1TB HDD running everything. It started to struggle to boot. I put "buy a new drive" on my to-do list. And of course, it died before I replaced it. Procrastination 1, human 0.So before giving up, I purchased a new SSD,...
  6. Silverlight won't update, won't uninstall, what next?

Silverlight won't update, won't uninstall, what next?: It seems this is not a new issue, but it is to me. This relates to a Windows 10 Pro v1903 installation on a not so young Lenovo Thinkpad. Windows Update reports failure to install an update to Silverlight KB4481252 and returns error code 0x80070643. Ran the Troubleshooter,...
  7. update WOWS whats next,windows defender not updated,

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    update WOWS whats next,windows defender not updated,: so much problem with windows 10 updates os 18363 .720 updates were set to be off but it up dates itself with fail now high disk use no sound log in windows account locked out even with correct password,looks like os verification account is kaput you need a...
  8. Microsoft announces what is next for Windows 10 updates

in Windows 10 News
    Microsoft announces what is next for Windows 10 updates: We continue to improve Windows 10, accelerating innovation with investments in quality, new features, and the overall update experience that are all designed to keep you protected and productive. Today, I am excited to introduce our next feature update, Windows 10, version...
  9. not sure what to do next

in Windows 10 Virtualization
    not sure what to do next: I have an older Dell Inspiron 1545, I bought it used. I downloaded workstation Player, but do not know what to do after I install vmware Workstation player. Will vmware work on my system, I am running Windows 10 pro 32bit on my laptop. I can't go any further until my first...
  10. "Something Happened" What Next?

"Something Happened" What Next?: I'm trying to update my Windows 8.1 Home laptop to Windows 10 by running setup.exe from a USB stick created by the Media Creation Tool. I get as far as installing the files, a window appears about restarting the PC, then a small grey box saying "Something Happened"...