Windows 10: Update made wifi adapter disapear

Discus and support Update made wifi adapter disapear in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; A recent update removed my internet connection. My wi-fi adapter is no longer visible, only Bluetooth. I can still see the adapter in Device Manager,... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by ZechariahJudy, Jul 31, 2018.

1. Update made wifi adapter disapear

A recent update removed my internet connection. My wi-fi adapter is no longer visible, only Bluetooth. I can still see the adapter in Device Manager, but not in Network Connections.

I am using an Intel Compute Stick, running Windows 10 Home 32 bit on a x64 processor. The recent update took me to v.1803, OS build 17134.137. However, I tried doing a restore, so now it is v.1709 OS build 16299.431. The restore did not help.

I saw one recommendation that this can be caused by power management. The compute stick has no battery, but I did confirm that it is set to "Maximum Performance - No Power Savings". In Device Manager it says the current power state is D0, or fully on.

Troubleshoot did not uncover any issues. However, when I opened the details, it only checked the Bluetooth connection.

Again the device manager says WAN Miniport (IP) is working properly, and claims it has the right driver.

What should I check next?

:)

ZechariahJudy, Jul 31, 2018

2. Netgear USB WiFi Adapter Cutting Out

Hi,

Thank you for posting your query in Microsoft Community.

I understand your concern, and we in Community will try to help you in the best possible way we can.

I suggest that you perform the steps below and check if issue persist:

Method 1: Network troubleshooting.

• On the search bar type “Troubleshooting”
    • Click on “Network and Internet”
    • Click on “Network Adapter” and run the troubleshooter.
    Method 2: Download and install the latest firmware updates for the Wi-Fi adapter

Follow these steps to un-install the drivers:

• On the search bar type “ Device Manager”
    • On the left pane locate “Network Adapter” and expand by clicking on it
    • Right on the “ Wireless adapter” option and click “Uninstall’
    • Download the latest Wireless network adapter driver setup file from the manufacturer’s website and install it.
    Hope the information helps. Please let us know if the issue persist and we will be happy to assist you further.

Nachappa C K, Jul 31, 2018
  3. Intel WiFI 5100 disapears

So my brother and I just bought two acer aspire 6930 machines.

THe wifi intel 5100 does not pass that brodcast test.

Both machines do this.

I've uninstalled and reinstalled the drivers, took the card in and out done everything i can think of short of reinstalling the os.

Any suggestions?

freaksavior, Jul 31, 2018
  4. Update made wifi adapter disapear

Cannot uninstall wifi adapter

Hello Calvin,

To help us identify the cause of the issue and then find the proper resolution for it, please provide the following information:

• When was the last time the WiFi adapter is working fine?
    • Are you getting any error messages?
    • What are the troubleshooting steps have you tried so far?

Looking forward to your response.

Antoneth Ber, Jul 31, 2018
Thema:

Update made wifi adapter disapear

1. Update made wifi adapter disapear - Similar Threads - Update made wifi

2. Wifi adapter

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Wifi adapter: I uninstalled my WiFi adapter from my computer and to install a new one, however I installed the wrong one and need a connection to find a new wifi adapter but to do this I need the old one back to connect to my hotspot. Is there any way to do this?...
  3. Wifi adapter

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Wifi adapter: My physical wifi adapter has been damaged for unknown reasons. I then purchased a WiFi usb dongle. It worked for a while. Currently when I insert the WiFi dongle my computer shuts down and resets. I've tested the dongle on other devices and it works fine. I've done a recovery...
  4. Wifi adapter

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Wifi adapter: My physical wifi adapter has been damaged for unknown reasons. I then purchased a WiFi usb dongle. It worked for a while. Currently when I insert the WiFi dongle my computer shuts down and resets. I've tested the dongle on other devices and it works fine. I've done a recovery...
  5. Wireless Wifi Adapter Disapeared!

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Wireless Wifi Adapter Disapeared!: So my PC is made for gaming and I got it built for me and don't have the most experience with Windows10 or PC's in general...But, for about a month or so my computer has been notifying me of a recent update. Everytime I attempted to update my PC it failed to update. So one...
  6. Wifi adapter

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Wifi adapter: Hello my wifi adapter is good but when I launch fortnite internet disconnects i used ethernet everything was fine another problem drivers are all updated USB N10 NANO ASUS https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/wifi-adapter/44a1d247-f685-4a6d-ba85-a986c8980390
  7. Wifi connect option disapeared

Wifi connect option disapeared: Hello, I did the recent update on my Wintel W8 Pro mini PC for Windows 10 on 10/20/2020 and the Wifi internet connect option disappeared. The only way to connect to the internet now is via ethernet. Help! How can I get Wifi back? Please see screen shot Sincerely,...
  8. WiFi Adapter

WiFi Adapter: So i have a laptop that only supports 2.4 gz wifi. If i get a wireless wifi adapter will i be able to use 5 gz? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/wifi-adapter/72060fb5-b939-4709-84e3-8b5dcde397b2
  9. Wifi adapter

Wifi adapter: Hey guys, i got a new pc. i installed windows 10 like 5 hours ago, i turned it on, everything is ok, but theres 1 problem. i cant connect to WiFi... i can only use my internet if i plug my ethernet cable into my PC. can someone help me? I have 64-bit OS My motherboard is...
  10. wifi adapter

wifi adapter: My wifi adapter is disabled. This has happened several times. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/wifi-adapter/40759080-a119-42ed-a863-deef8f7d4c77