Windows 10: Update making computer run like crap

Discus and support Update making computer run like crap in Windows 10 Ask Insider to solve the problem; I updated my computer recently and every since then it has been constantly crashing on applications and running slow as hell. I have an i7 and a... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Ask Insider' started by /u/12thinfantyfeelsguy, Jul 15, 2020.

1. Update making computer run like crap

I updated my computer recently and every since then it has been constantly crashing on applications and running slow as hell. I have an i7 and a gtx1060 there is no reason for windows to be lagging on this computer. Does anyone know of any recent bug issues? I would assume yes since windows always has issues now days.

I'm probably just gonna do a reset this is ridiculous I cant talk on discord for more than a few minutes before it starts "not responding"

Edit: jk I can't even navigate to the fucking menu to do a reset.

submitted by /u/12thinfantyfeelsguy
    [link] [comments]

:)

/u/12thinfantyfeelsguy, Jul 15, 2020
  2. Allan Mej Win User

Creators update pc runs like crap afterwards

Hi Stonker,

After installing Windows 10 Creators Update, some setting changes may have been changed, causing slower PC. Here are some thing to try in order to speed up your PC after the update:

Disable Fast Startup

Fast startup is a Windows default option which is set to minimize the startup time by pre-loading some programs before your computer shuts off. You could optimize your PC's performance by disabling fast startups. To disable fast startup, follow these steps:

• Go to Start>Control Panel>Power Options and select Choose what the power button does.
    • Click Change settings that are currently unavailable.
    • Uncheck Turn on fast startup and click Save changes.

Optimize High Startups Impact Process

Removing unnecessary processes with high startup impact could speed up your PC. To do so, follow these steps:

• Press Ctrl + Shift + Del and select Task Manager.
    • Under Startup, right-click the unnecessary startups with high startup impact and click
      Disable.

Let us know how things goes.

Regards.

Allan Mej, Jul 15, 2020
  3. computer goes to sleep & doesn't wake up, then it's like it's totally turned off

Hi Ald,

I appreciate your efforts and time.

• What is the make and model of the computer?
    • Did you make any changes prior to this issue?
    I suggest you to try the steps provided below and check if it helps.

Restart the computer a few times and check for Windows Updates 1607.

In the Search box on the taskbar, enter Windows Update, select Windows Update. On the Windows Update page, select Check for updates.

Also, try to run the Power Troubleshooter.

Power troubleshooter will automatically fix some common issues with Power Plans. Run the Power troubleshooter to adjust your computer's power settings. The Power troubleshooter checks things like your computer's timeout settings,
    which determine how long the computer waits before turning off the monitor display or entering sleep mode. Adjusting these settings can help you conserve power and extend your computer's battery life.

• Press Windows Logo Key+X then click on Search option.
    • Type Troubleshooting.
    • Select Troubleshooting and click on
      System and Security.
    • Click on Power and follow the onscreen steps.
    Hope this helps in resolving the issue. If the issue persists, do get back to us. We will be happy to assist you.

Thank you.

Kalpana Shankarappa, Jul 15, 2020
  4. 3Colors Win User

Update making computer run like crap

Windows Updated(16299.309).KB4088776 Restart is required to complete.

Hi dalchina. Good news, I followed your suggestion and reinstalled the update and now it appears as "installed correctly" *Biggrin Maybe it was not necessary to run the Windows Update Troubleshooter or maybe if necessary. But using it I do not think it could have worsened something. The installation was very fast, unlike the first time it showed step 1 and step 2 completed.

Thanks for the suggestions and for the time to respond Update making computer run like crap :) Best regards.

And thanks for the tip of that program, I'll have it on my list.

3Colors, Jul 15, 2020
Thema:

Update making computer run like crap

1. Update making computer run like crap - Similar Threads - Update making computer

2. Essential services like task manager not running, windows update not running.

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Essential services like task manager not running, windows update not running.: My system has infected with malicious virus recently. I installed Avast anti virus deleted most of the virus. Now I hope virus is gone. But since then, windows has lots of issues like task manager not opening. I tried to open it in safe mode also. Still no way its opening....
  3. Computer crapped itself

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Computer crapped itself: Hi, I'm running windows 11 with 512gb M.2 SSD, GTX 1650 and a Core i7-11700KF with 16gb RAM,In an attempt to optimise windows and get rid of all the background processes linux doesn't have or need, And you wonder why people like linux, I accidentally Disabled a vital process....
  4. Computer crapped itself

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Computer crapped itself: Hi, I'm running windows 11 with 512gb M.2 SSD, GTX 1650 and a Core i7-11700KF with 16gb RAM,In an attempt to optimise windows and get rid of all the background processes linux doesn't have or need, And you wonder why people like linux, I accidentally Disabled a vital process....
  5. How do I make computer runs faster?

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    How do I make computer runs faster?: I have a Dell laptop that is 6yrs old, with 8gb ram and i5 processor. I have winseos 7 before and it is really working smoothly. I just deciced to upgrade to windows 10 but now it takes some time before it became usable.I thought I don't have enough ram so I upgraded it. But...
  6. Bulk Crap Uninstaller

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Bulk Crap Uninstaller: Anyone using bulk crap uninstaller Bulk Crap Uninstaller - Remove large amounts of unwanted applications ? This software seem outstanding and it can even remove windows features, that it can't de done with ccleaner or revo uninstaller, most important it is a free full...
  7. Crap

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Crap: [ATTACH] submitted by /u/user_1312_ [link] [comments] https://www.reddit.com/r/Windows10/comments/k5xmd2/crap/
  8. Latest update making my computer run like a snail no matter what program I launch.

Latest update making my computer run like a snail no matter what program I launch.: For me every single thing I do runs slower now since windows decided to update on its own. It is horrible logging on even mouse clicks take longer no matter what program I launch it is just slow as a snail now. Also the game I have been playing for months it seems like every...
  9. Audio Sounds absolute CRAP after update.

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Audio Sounds absolute CRAP after update.: I recently updated to the newest version of Windows 10 (1909). After using Chrome for around ~15 mins, the video I was watching suddenly started to sound muffled. I tried restarting all the drivers and my computer - that didn't solve the problem. It appears that this issue...
  10. RUNS LIKE win98

RUNS LIKE win98: so you ms cyber geniuses why is THERE SO MUCH LATENCY? ACCIDENTALLY CLICK WRONG ITEM TO PURCHASE AND BEFORE WIN 10 I COULD SHUT THE BROWSER AND THE PURCHASE WOULD FAIL, BUT NOW IT TAKES...