Windows 10: Update Manager for Windows wumgr Re: WUB

Discus and support Update Manager for Windows wumgr Re: WUB in Windows 10 Updates and Activation to solve the problem; Came across this this morning: https://www.ghacks.net/2018/10/15/up...ao01qx9%2e2bdy and was wondering if any of you are familiar with this one and... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Updates and Activation' started by phaedruspress, Oct 17, 2018.

1. Update Manager for Windows wumgr Re: WUB

Came across this this morning:

https://www.ghacks.net/2018/10/15/up...ao01qx9%2e2bdy

and was wondering if any of you are familiar with this one and if so what might your experiences be. I know that many of you use Windows Update MiniTool and expound on it's virtues but I have found success (so far) using Windows Update Blocker or WUB. Any thoughts appreciated. TIA.

:)

phaedruspress, Oct 17, 2018

2. Vista Pre-SP1 vs. Vista SP1

I've been Windows Updating for two straight days and I finally saw SP1. If you want to troubleshoot it, follow these steps:

• Show hidden updates
    • Manually install any failed updates (google the KB_____ and install from the windows site)
    • Make sure everything in Device Manager is good to go
    I had to do step two for like 4 or 5 updates to be able to see SP1.

Any other benchmarks you guys want to see? I might try PCMark05 (I think it works on Vista).

DanishDevil, Oct 17, 2018
  3. 3Colors Win User
    Windows Updated(16299.309).KB4088776 Restart is required to complete.

Hi dalchina. Good news, I followed your suggestion and reinstalled the update and now it appears as "installed correctly" *Biggrin Maybe it was not necessary to run the Windows Update Troubleshooter or maybe if necessary. But using it I do not think it could have worsened something. The installation was very fast, unlike the first time it showed step 1 and step 2 completed.

Thanks for the suggestions and for the time to respond Update Manager for Windows wumgr Re: WUB :) Best regards.

And thanks for the tip of that program, I'll have it on my list.

3Colors, Oct 17, 2018
  4. AsRock Win User

Update Manager for Windows wumgr Re: WUB

Windows Updates failed to instal

I'm not sure how differant XP media center Edition is but you could clear the history \ cache if these folders are there.

Step 1 Register DLL files.

=================

By trying this step, we can check if the update engines are working properly.

1. Close all instances of Internet Explorer.

2. Click Start and Run, type "Regsvr32 atl.dll" (without quotes) in the Open box and click OK.

Note: There is a space between regsvr32 and atl.dll

3. Similarly, one by one, register the files listed below:

Regsvr32 msxml3.dll

Regsvr32 wuapi.dll

Regsvr32 wuaueng.dll

Regsvr32 wuaueng1.dll

Regsvr32 wups2.dll

Regsvr32 wucltui.dll

Regsvr32 wups.dll

Regsvr32 wuweb.dll

Regsvr32 qmgr.dll

Regsvr32 qmgrprxy.dll

Regsvr32 jscript.dll

Note: If you encounter errors while registering any of these files then skip that file and continue with the next one.

If the issue persists, let's move on to the steps below to verify Windows Update services and temporary folders.

Step 2 Verify the relevant Windows Update services.

=========================================

1. Click Start->Run, type "services.msc" (without quotation marks) in the open box and click OK.

2. Double click the service "Automatic Updates".

3. Click on the Log On tab, please ensure the option "Local System account" is selected and the option "Allow service to interact with desktop" is unchecked.

4. Check if this service has been enabled on the listed Hardware Profile. If not, please click the Enable button to enable it.

5. Click on the tab "General "; make sure the "Startup Type" is "Automatic" or "Manual". Then please click the button "Stop" under "Service Status" to stop the service.

6. Then please click the button "Start" under "Service Status" to start the service.

7. Please repeat the above steps with the other services:

Background Intelligent Transfer Service

Event Log

Remote Procedure Call (RPC)

Note: Event log service is enabled on all of the hardware profiles; this service does not have an option to enable or disable on certain hardware profile.

If it still does not help, let's proceed to step 3.

Step 3 Reload the Update temporary folders.

===================================

One possible cause is that the temporary folder for Windows Update is containing corrupted files. Let's erase all the files there to get the system clean.

1. Click Start, Run, type: cmd and press Enter. Please run the following command in the opened window.

Net stop WuAuServ

2. Click Start, Run, type: %windir% and press Enter.

3. In the opened folder, rename the folder SoftwareDistribution to Sdold.

4. Click Start, Run, type: cmd and press Enter. Please run the following command in the opened window.

Net start WuAuServ

Please test the Windows Update website and let me know the result. If the issue persists, to clarify the issue and provide more accurate troubleshooting steps, please assist me in collecting the following information.

AsRock, Oct 17, 2018
Thema:

Update Manager for Windows wumgr Re: WUB

1. Update Manager for Windows wumgr Re: WUB - Similar Threads - Update Manager wumgr

2. Re. Windows Updates

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Re. Windows Updates: At one time it was possible to control automatic updates by electing an option to request permission before downloading & installing. I can't remember if that was when I was using Windows 7 before I switched to Windows 10 or if it was a feature of Windows 10 that appears to...
  3. KB5000822 seems to block 3rd party windows update tools (WuMgr, WUMT)

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    KB5000822 seems to block 3rd party windows update tools (WuMgr, WUMT): This update just bypassed my "metered" switch, and also bypassed my URL Filters for windows updates. Prior to installing this update, I can use the aforementioned software with ease, accessing the windows update server and checking installed updates. After it installed, I can...
  4. WuMgr question

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    WuMgr question: I was able to compile WuMgr ( https://github.com/DavidXanatos/wumgr ) Update Manager for Windows application and understand that I can manage my Windows 10 updates by this application but does it configure my automatic windows update tasks in any way ? What I found I still...
  5. Need instructions about how to use WuMgr.

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    Need instructions about how to use WuMgr.: I'd like to find some detailed instructions about how to use WuMgr "Options" and the "Auto Update" options below the line after Automatic Update. The issue I'm having is this. I’m using WuMgr on a Win10 Home computer build 1809 17763.914. I'd like to install build 1903 but...
  6. Windows Update Manager wumgr 1.0 released

in Windows 10 News
    Windows Update Manager wumgr 1.0 released: The developer of the Windows Update Manager wumgr has released version 1.0 of the application for Microsoft's Windows operating system. The release is the first program update in 2019 and an indication that development of the software program is still ongoing. We reviewed...
  7. Where to find documentation on WuMgr?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Where to find documentation on WuMgr?: I just installed WuMgr but I need to learn the product. There are several options to choose from. I'd like to find documentation about each option and maybe some example settings with explanations. The options are not self-explanatory to me. 128209
  8. Where to find documentation on WuMgr?

in Windows 10 Support
    Where to find documentation on WuMgr?: I just installed WuMgr but I need to learn the product. There are several options to choose from. I'd like to find documentation about each option and maybe some example settings with explanations. The options are not self-explanatory to me. 128209
  9. Something BETTER than WUMT: Meet WUMgr!!

Something BETTER than WUMT: Meet WUMgr!!: Spent a very enjoyable half-hour on Skype with the developer of Windows Update Manager (WUMgr) this morning. Based in Vienna, David Xanatos is bilingual in German and English, and has created a worthy replacement for or alternative to the now-aging Windows Update Mini Tool...
  10. An open letter to Microsoft management re: Windows updating

An open letter to Microsoft management re: Windows updating: An outstanding article on the multitude problems of Microsoft's current Windows Update process. Well worth reading. An open letter to Microsoft management re: Windows updating Enterprise patching veteran Susan Bradley summarizes her Windows update survey results, asking...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. wumgr update manager for windows

2. wumgr doesnàt work on windows 10 enterprise

3. how to reenable updates wub

4. WuMgr (Update Manager for Windows),
  5. run wumgr