Windows 10: Update May 2020 - Cortana can only search bing...nothing else

Discus and support Update May 2020 - Cortana can only search bing...nothing else in Cortana to solve the problem; I've been trying to use Cortana since the latest update but I have a few bugs: 1. "wake word invocation is currently unavailable" 2. Every request... Discussion in 'Cortana' started by RenaudGagne, Jun 11, 2020.

1. Update May 2020 - Cortana can only search bing...nothing else

I've been trying to use Cortana since the latest update but I have a few bugs:

1. "wake word invocation is currently unavailable"

2. Every request goes to Bing...I can't launch any app with it

3. I ask "Learn my voice" all she answers is "Here is what I found"...and nothing else.

:)

RenaudGagne, Jun 11, 2020
  2. yass Win User

What is the difference between cortana and search?

Cortana is your digital agent. She'll help you get things done.

One of the major changes to Windows 10 is the presence of Microsoft’s voice assistant, Cortana. Along with voice searches, you will be given “suggestions” that the voice assistant makes. This includes reminders for scheduled events in your calendar, ideas when you are searching the Web for something, alternatives when you are quizzing Cortana for information, and more.
    Here are some things Cortana can do for you:

• Give you reminders based on time, places, or people.
    • Track packages, teams, interests, and flights.
    • Send emails and texts.
    • Manage your calendar and keep you up to date.
    • Create and manage lists.
    • Chit chat and play games.
    • Find facts, files, places, and info.
    • Open any app on your system.

What is Cortana

Windows 10 Forum

3. Cortana Redirects me randomly to Bing searches

Hi Mark,

Thank you for posting your query on Microsoft Community.

As per the description, I understand that you are facing issues using Cortana.

I would like to know some information.

• What is the current operating system installed on your computer?

• Which browser do you use?

I suggest you to refer to the below article about how to disable Bing search in Cortana and check if it helps.

Refer: Cortana, Search, and privacy: FAQ

Section: Search

Hope this information helps. Please let us know if you need any other assistance with Windows in future. We will be happy to assist you.

Mayank Gupta10, Jun 11, 2020
  4. Try0x101 Win User

Update May 2020 - Cortana can only search bing...nothing else

Cortana search filter list

I have a lot of space for display content in Cortana search list, and 80% of it not used because Cortana sorting items by types.
    How disable all filters and make visible all suggested content?

Update May 2020 - Cortana can only search bing...nothing else [​IMG]

Try0x101, Jun 11, 2020
Thema:

Update May 2020 - Cortana can only search bing...nothing else

1. Update May 2020 - Cortana can only search bing...nothing else - Similar Threads - Update May 2020

2. Can Cortana do anything except searching the bing???

in Cortana
    Can Cortana do anything except searching the bing???: I'm very surprised that Cortana can literally do nothing but say "I'm sorry, but I can't help with that."It can't even set a timer or reminder....
  3. I can only hear myself and nothing else

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    I can only hear myself and nothing else: I dont fucking know how, but I was changing my mic from the one on the camera I have to the one on my headset and now I can only hear myself and nothing else. help me. submitted by /u/b1_v_ [link] [comments]...
  4. cortana only searches bings, nothing else

cortana only searches bings, nothing else: I just tried using cortana for the first time, had my laptop for more than a year but never thought about using cortana before today. but no matter what i send her she just searches bing and cannot do any of the other functionalities, it's really frustrating since i've got my...
  5. Disable Bing in cortana search

in Cortana
    Disable Bing in cortana search: When trying to search in the search bar, if I mistakenly click on any of the questions, it automatically brings up Edge/Bing. I've removed it from any defaults that I can find, but it's infuriating that I can't remove/disable this thing entirely. It's not a good web browser,...
  6. Cortana Windows May 2020 Update

in Cortana
    Cortana Windows May 2020 Update: Hi! I just updated my Windows, which was supposed to be the diagnosis of the black screen error Previously mentioned among my other questions, but instead, it caused another one. Now, Cortana is an app, which is way cooler, but what will make it even cooler is that it runs....
  7. Disable Bing Search on Windows 10 2004 (May 2020 Update) (Easiest Method!)

Disable Bing Search on Windows 10 2004 (May 2020 Update) (Easiest Method!): [ATTACH] submitted by /u/TheFlairGun [link] [comments] https://www.reddit.com/r/Windows10/comments/h0stez/disable_bing_search_on_windows_10_2004_may_2020/
  8. Cortana only returns Bing queries and nothing else

in Cortana
    Cortana only returns Bing queries and nothing else: Hi I have recently updated to the Windows 2004 Build 19041.264 of windows with the new Cortana. Cortana now does not set reminders read calendar or anything else Cortana is supposed to do. All it does is retrun a Bing search on how to do said command. I do not use...
  9. Cortana on Windows 10 May 2020 Update 2004

in Cortana
    Cortana on Windows 10 May 2020 Update 2004: I just installed the new Windows 10 update onto my PC and I notice that Cortana is back on my Start Menu! It wasn't there on the previous version, what can I do to remove the application from my start menu?[ATTACH]...
  10. Cortana only wants to search bing and "my stuff"

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Cortana only wants to search bing and "my stuff": In windows 10 it says I can chat with Cortana and ask it questions and get a personalized response, but this isn't the case for me. It says I can speak aloud or type, but since I've no mic, I choose to type. When I ask it something like "How's the weather" or "How tall is...