Windows 10: Update Messed up everything, cant revert.

Discus and support Update Messed up everything, cant revert. in Windows 10 Ask Insider to solve the problem; Recently saw all the posts/news about some Secruity problem and told repeatedly to Update wins10, so for once i did, complete mistake. Games refuse to... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Ask Insider' started by /u/TheSliverGold, Jan 19, 2020.

1. Update Messed up everything, cant revert.

Recently saw all the posts/news about some Secruity problem and told repeatedly to Update wins10, so for once i did, complete mistake.

Games refuse to open, everything i open from jump menu (Steam games, notepad files, etc.) either don't launch or 'bout 3 mins to actually realize i clicked on it, generally whole thing feels/acts slower, and its not the PC itself, everything was fine on the older version.

And now, if i try going into the update page in settings, the window just automatically closes, what the hell did MS do to screw up things this badly, and how do i revert this crap?

submitted by /u/TheSliverGold
    [link] [comments]

:)

/u/TheSliverGold, Jan 19, 2020
  2. alone Win User

Display langage reverted back

I followed the suggested actions: everything OK from step 1. and I attach as requested the output for step 2.

Update Messed up everything, cant revert. [​IMG]

for convenience I attach the google translation

Update Messed up everything, cant revert. [​IMG]

I'm ready to act following suggestions (if any) before...going through the restore (please don't misunderstand, I'm not looking forward doing it).

I appreciate in any case your help

alone, Jan 19, 2020
  3. Windows 8 failure configuring updates and reverting

I agree 8 is awful! It's not for me though... I replaced a broken screen in a Win 8 laptop that was given to me and I am going to give it for free to someone that can't afford one so they can do homework at home. Yes I took it from 8 to 8.1 back on 10/09/2014. This is what I posted there...

"Great post! I found a similar one. I would like to point out that you may want to edit your OP...

1. Step 1 should read to disable AUTOMATIC updates, not disable manual updates.

2. KB2871398 should really read KB2871389

I would like to say that KB2917499 may also be needed as it was in my case. I also had to run the Windows Update Troubleshooter after installing those 2 updates. After these steps I was able to begin my 8.1 download from the Microsoft store. I don't know if it made a difference or not, but I also went into the Bios and disabled "Secure Boot."

It was a helpful post. Thanks!

BlackHawk1, Jan 19, 2020
  4. 3Colors Win User

Update Messed up everything, cant revert.

Windows Updated(16299.309).KB4088776 Restart is required to complete.

Hi dalchina. Good news, I followed your suggestion and reinstalled the update and now it appears as "installed correctly" *Biggrin Maybe it was not necessary to run the Windows Update Troubleshooter or maybe if necessary. But using it I do not think it could have worsened something. The installation was very fast, unlike the first time it showed step 1 and step 2 completed.

Thanks for the suggestions and for the time to respond Update Messed up everything, cant revert. :) Best regards.

And thanks for the tip of that program, I'll have it on my list.

3Colors, Jan 19, 2020
Thema:

Update Messed up everything, cant revert.

1. Update Messed up everything, cant revert. - Similar Threads - Update Messed everything

2. Blue screen of death messing everything up

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Blue screen of death messing everything up: Hey, so i had a blue screen recently but it REALLY messed things up like some apps just say that i lack priviliges to open the app, i have tried re installing them resetting the computer but it just doesn't work so i was wondering how i could fix it or just some advice if i...
  3. Blue screen of death messing everything up

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Blue screen of death messing everything up: Hey, so i had a blue screen recently but it REALLY messed things up like some apps just say that i lack priviliges to open the app, i have tried re installing them resetting the computer but it just doesn't work so i was wondering how i could fix it or just some advice if i...
  4. Blue screen of death messing everything up

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
  5. I messed up everything by changing ownership

in Windows 10 Gaming
    I messed up everything by changing ownership: Uhh... yes i did smth dumb... but please help me. I am the admin and the only user of my PC. But yet most of the folders and files is owned by SYSTEM or TrustedInstaller and whenever I try to access or delete those stuffs, it says access denied which was kinda annoying. So...
  6. I messed up everything by changing ownership

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    I messed up everything by changing ownership: Uhh... yes i did smth dumb... but please help me. I am the admin and the only user of my PC. But yet most of the folders and files is owned by SYSTEM or TrustedInstaller and whenever I try to access or delete those stuffs, it says access denied which was kinda annoying. So...
  7. Onedrive messed everything up help

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Onedrive messed everything up help: I accidentally synchronized Onedrive with my folders and now I can't delete the folders created by onedrive because i'm getting a "Data in the reparse point buffer is invalid" error. I also don't know how to change my desktop folder to the previous one because now everything...
  8. Please help, everything is messed up

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Please help, everything is messed up: Ok so I’ve had this problem for a long time and I’m finally done with putting up with it, I need to fix it, please if you have a solution say it! Here is my problems: 1.) Cannot open Microsoft Store and any Microsoft store apps 2.) Cannot open Settings and no type of...
  9. I changed my screen resolution, then reverted, and it messed everything up

in Windows 10 Customization
    I changed my screen resolution, then reverted, and it messed everything up: I had to change my resolution because of an in-game issue, I then reverted it because everything was tiny, and now the borders are off screen and because of that I cant even see the minimize or exit button on chrome or anything...
  10. Update to 1809 messed up almost everything

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Update to 1809 messed up almost everything: I've updated a dozen of other computers to 1809 and had no problems. But those were mainly default setups, no advanced users. I thought it's time for me as advanced user to upgrade my Win 10 to 1809. And I did it. Jawww….disaster! :( Upon first reboot, my profile was...