Windows 10: Update messed up onedrive, edge, and windows search

Discus and support Update messed up onedrive, edge, and windows search in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; Windows 10 18362.295 just got auto updated onto my workstation. Now, onedrive doesn't sync, I can't type anything into edge, and I can't type anything... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by BillLeath, Aug 31, 2019.

1. BillLeath Win User

Update messed up onedrive, edge, and windows search

Windows 10 18362.295 just got auto updated onto my workstation. Now, onedrive doesn't sync, I can't type anything into edge, and I can't type anything into the start search menu. What should I do?

:)

BillLeath, Aug 31, 2019

2. Edge Search Does Not Permit Change of Region

I got these suggestions from the Microsoft Community forum.No. 1 worked for me:

Thank you for posting the query on Microsoft Community. I am glad to assist you on this.
    We have reproduce the issue here and we are able to access non-regional search for google using Microsoft Edge.
    I would suggest you to try the below steps and check if it helps.
    Step 1:
    Clear browsing data option of Microsoft Edge and check if you face the issue. To do so perform the steps below.

1. Click on the More actions icon next to the feedback icon present on top right corner of the Project Spartan homepage.
    2. Select Settings and click on Choose what to clear.
    3. Check the boxes Browsing history, Cookies and saved website data and Cached data and files and click on Clear.
    Step 2:
    I suggest you to create a new user account and check if the issue occurs.

1. Go to Settings.
    2. Choose Accounts and then select Family and other users.
    3. Select add someone else on this PC.
    4. Enter a user name and hit next.
    5. Click on Finish.
    6. Sign out from the current Account and Log into the new account.
    Step 3:
    It could also happen because of network issue. I suggest you to try with different network connection and check if it helps.

hurricane51, Aug 31, 2019
  3. Windows 10 - OneDrive

Right click on the app and one of the properties has an option to not automatically start it. Uncheck, restart the computer, and it should stop. If you want to go another step further, find the OneDrive app in the start menu, right click on it and uninstall.

If that is still insufficient, there is a batch uninstaller for OneDrive available online. I can copy the code here if you need it.

FordGT90Concept, Aug 31, 2019
  4. Drone Win User

Windows 8 Clubhouse

Windows 10 Build 9879 released (last update for 2014).

New features:

1) a checkbox menu option where you can turn off/on Task View and Search icons in the toolbar (I got rid of them XD)

Update messed up onedrive, edge, and windows search windows-10-toolbar-options-large-100530292-large.png

2) simplified OneDrive experience

W10 will now use what MS calls selective sync, where you'll need to specify what's saved to your PC, and what MS keeps in its OneDrive cloud. MS appears to be killing OneDrive app, allowing users access to OneDrive strictly through the File Explorer. (fuck yeah!)

Update messed up onedrive, edge, and windows search windows-10-onedrive-revamp-100530297-large.png

3) 5 new three-finger gestures to swipe through Windows 10's UI

• 3 fingers up launches Task View
    • 3 fingers down to Show Desktop
    • 3 fingers flick to left/right to switch to previous app (go back 1)
    • 3 fingers move left/right: Alt-Tab (Task View) pops up, and you can select the app you want (remove fingers to select)
    • 3-finger tap: Search
    4) Snap Assist works across multiple monitors

5) New IE that utilizes Edge rendering engine, designed for improved compatibility with the various sites on the Web.

6) MKV container support!!! Users can now play MKV files directly from Windows Media Player, including desktop and modern apps), along with proper thumbnail images and MKV support.

Drone, Aug 31, 2019
Thema:

1. Update messed up onedrive, edge, and windows search - Similar Threads - Update messed onedrive

2. Windows Search bar is messed up

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows Search bar is messed up: --> I recently messed up the regedit so when i did that the search bar stopped working properly, i restored my pc through a restore point. after restoring the regedit was back to normal but the searchbar issue still persists. This is basically how my searchbar looks when i...
  3. Windows Search bar is messed up

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Windows Search bar is messed up: --> I recently messed up the regedit so when i did that the search bar stopped working properly, i restored my pc through a restore point. after restoring the regedit was back to normal but the searchbar issue still persists. This is basically how my searchbar looks when i...
  4. Windows Search bar is messed up

in Windows 10 Customization
  5. OneDrive messed up a bunch of computers

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    OneDrive messed up a bunch of computers: Lately I came across similar issues on multiple computers, where I had OneDrive installed and after uninstalling it got fixed.1. Start menu, search and cortana not doing anything on pressed.2. missing icons on desktop3. changed spacing on desktopWe had a family subscription...
  6. microsoft edge messed laptop up

in Windows 10 Gaming
    microsoft edge messed laptop up: when i use microsoft edge, the top of the window will flicker green. then if i use it for a while more, the entire laptop screen flickers and the fan goes very fast...
  7. Onedrive messed everything up help

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Onedrive messed everything up help: I accidentally synchronized Onedrive with my folders and now I can't delete the folders created by onedrive because i'm getting a "Data in the reparse point buffer is invalid" error. I also don't know how to change my desktop folder to the previous one because now everything...
  8. Edge update mess

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Edge update mess: Is there anyway to "undo" this and go back to the way Windows was? I lost ALL my bookmarks. They were EXTREMELY important. Work related and well as 6 mos worth of research for a year long trip I am taking next month! I read some ways to POSSIBLY get them but after more than...
  9. Microsoft Edge messing up netflix

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Microsoft Edge messing up netflix: Ever since I downloaded Microsoft Edge the movies freeze on Netflix. Is there a way to remove Microsoft Edge and replace with another operating system? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/microsoft-edge-messing-up-netflix/7467849e-004f-4541-9088-20665b6dd0d3
  10. The latest Windows update really messed up Windows Search

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    The latest Windows update really messed up Windows Search: Prior to the most recent update (sometime in Sept 2019) I could click the Windows key, and start typing my question and get programs and web links. Now I just get a useless white panel and whatever I search for nothing happens. Any ideas how I can restore this feature to...