Windows 10: Update Messed Up Settings & Software

Discus and support Update Messed Up Settings & Software in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; My computer updated to build 17763 this morning. Upon restart, numerous settings were changed and all software now acts as if it has just been... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by CourtneyDion, Oct 3, 2018.

1. Update Messed Up Settings & Software

My computer updated to build 17763 this morning. Upon restart, numerous settings were changed and all software now acts as if it has just been installed, resetting all settings in apps and even losing data! I am extremely miffed! Allowing a stable build update should NOT cause problems such as these!! I've spent my day fixing dozens of setting changes and the lost data is completely unrecoverable! Please try to fix issues like this before releasing updates like this.

:)

CourtneyDion, Oct 3, 2018
  2. Sasqui Win User

Overclocking / Undervolting guide for Vega 56 or 64?

Here's a quick laundry list:

List of software to use for overclocking and testing
    Examples:
    Wattman (and how to find and use it, like an overview, including profiles)
    Unigine Valley or Heaven (use this for quick testing while changing settings in Wattman and checking for stability / artifacts) ...just suggesting this
    How to monitor cores / mem speeds and temps during testing (I've seen screen overlays, and others using GPUz)

Step-by step overclocking in Wattman
    Fan speeds
    Power limit
    Temp limit
    Voltages
    Core speeds
    Memory speeds

Sasqui, Oct 3, 2018
  3. Johan45 Win User
    AMD FX OC'ers Club

That's what the auto setting will do since you're over the 1333 mark it jumps to the next step which isn't listed or officially supported I assume by that ram.

At this point though I would suggest dropping the multi one step or .5 so that we can get something stable and possibly take the heat issue out of the picture for now.

Johan45, Oct 3, 2018
  4. Dark Ride Win User

Update Messed Up Settings & Software

Sony PSP Software Update v2.60

Sony has released PSP software update 2.60

Network

• [RSS Channel] has been added as a feature under Network.
    • [Volume Adjustment] has been added as an option in the [LocationFree Player] Control Panel.
    • [Simplified Chinese (GB1803)] and [Traditional Chinese(Big 5)] have been added as options to[Encoding] Under [View] in the Internet Browser menu bar.
    • Copyright-protected video data provided by a content provider to other services can now be downloaded directly to a Memory Stick Duo using the Internet Browser.
    Music

• Music data in WMA format can now be played under Music (This applies to music saved on Memory Stick Duo media).
    Settings
    • [Enabled WMA Playback] has been added as a setting under System Settings. A connection to the Internet is required to activate this setting.
    Source: PlayStation.com

Dark Ride, Oct 3, 2018
Thema:

Update Messed Up Settings & Software

1. Update Messed Up Settings & Software - Similar Threads - Update Messed Settings

2. Messed up display settings

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Messed up display settings: Hi there,recently i was trying to set up dual screens on my computer, when i accidentally enabled some setting. I was on the display settings page, and the option i enabled may have been ¨duplicate screen¨, but im not sure. After i did it, i am basically unable to use my...
  3. Recent updates messed power settings up

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Recent updates messed power settings up: After one of the recent updates, my laptop's power settings, specifically turning screen off when plugged in, seem to reset on regular basis. I change it to "never" and after next reboot it changes back to 15 minutes. Strangely enough, sleep setting does not reset. It was...
  4. Windows Update messed up camera settings

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Windows Update messed up camera settings: I recently did a Windows update and it somehow messed up my Sony a6000 camera settings. My camera runs smooth on its own screen, but the video lags on my computer. It doesnt look like its running at 60fps. I cant seem to find any camlink settings or video settings on my...
  5. Windows 10 update messed up my settings

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Windows 10 update messed up my settings: Today I was forced to update windows and the update ruined my settings. This is unacceptable. Please help me restore my computer to a useable state and not the mess of a state your update left it in. You should be ashamed....
  6. Messed up Administrator settings.

in Windows 10 Customization
    Messed up Administrator settings.: I believe I messed up my administrator settings. There was a file that would not delete because I needed administrator privileges even though I was an admin. So I made the user account an admin and it worked. Now, when I try to move pictures or folders into the ones I've been...
  7. Audio settings messed up?

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Audio settings messed up?: So, my max volume on my pc was insanely loud in the past, which was really nice when i wanted to listen to really loud music or something, but now the 100% volume is what it used to be at like... 25%. I do NOT like this. Was there a recent windows update that changed this, or...
  8. Settings messed up

in Windows 10 Customization
    Settings messed up: My system settings reset for some reason and can’t restore them. This has caused me to not be able to connect to any WiFi, etc. I need help ASAP since i cant use my computer properly...
  9. Settings Menu messed up.

in Windows 10 Support
    Settings Menu messed up.: As the title says, many of my settings pages are messed up. Any ideas? Tried in place repair-fails. I`m on latest build. 66296
  10. FONTS, messed up tabs in some software

in Windows 10 Support
    FONTS, messed up tabs in some software: Hello, after upgrade to win10 I started a Video Editor (Studio) and noticed that a Title I made on win8.1, was not showing the right Font; I checked and during the upgrade it deleted some of my installed fonts I had in 8.1. I copied all the fonts I had on 8.1 on a folder,...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. windows update messed up default setting

2. last windows update messed up video playback

3. 17763 messed up settings