Windows 10: Update not showing up in Hide Updates Troubleshooter

Discus and support Update not showing up in Hide Updates Troubleshooter in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; I would like to block the recent cumulative update from July 16 for build 1803 (KB4345421) from installing on my computer as it seems to give me... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by Charles Ligus, Jul 18, 2018.

1. Update not showing up in Hide Updates Troubleshooter

I would like to block the recent cumulative update from July 16 for build 1803 (KB4345421) from installing on my computer as it seems to give me trouble when I install it. I tried using the Microsoft Hide Updates software but only the update from July 10 shows up. Is there a way I can get the update I mentioned before to show up in the troubleshooter so I can prevent it from installing even before checking for updates manually?

:)

Charles Ligus, Jul 18, 2018
  2. Robert-10 Win User

Show or Hide Updates Troubleshooter not hiding updates

I downloaded the "Show or hide updates" troubleshooter. After launching the troubleshooter and following the instructions, the updates are still showing up to be downloaded. Can someone help me with this issue? Thanks.

Robert-10, Jul 18, 2018
  3. BJB
    BJB Win User
    KB3073930 will not hide Nvidia driver update

I pride myself in researching and figure things out but just can't get this one.
    I know I have the most recent NVidia driver from their website. My video is gone.
    I also know all about the show/hide "troubleshooter" (should be called fix a bad MS decision shooter)...anyway, it works fine with several items. However the Nvidia driver update does not show on the list of items in the troubleshooter it can hide!
    So, it keeps showing up with the updates that I DO WANT to download.

Even stranger, some updates showed in the troubleshooter that were not showing in my windows update dialog.

But anyway, the real issue is that I need to hide that Nvidia driver. Any suggestions?

This is a little crazy. I might be okay with OS updates being pushed more but NOT drivers.

Thanks,

4. Update not showing up in Hide Updates Troubleshooter

[Windows 10] hide/prohibit install of specific Windows Update

Edit: Try "Show or hide updates" troubleshooter package first and let us know if it works for you.

Adapted from Preventing a certain Windows Update from installing on Windows 10 by Igal Tabachnik.
    • Uninstall the problematical driver/update.
    • Restart the computer, if necessary, and/or switch to an administrator account.
    • Download Windows Update PowerShell Module and extract it to: %WINDIR%\System32\WindowsPowerShell\v1.0\Modules After doing so, you will have a %WINDIR%\System32\WindowsPowerShell\v1.0\Modules\PSWindowsUpdate folder with a bunch of files.
    • Start -> All Apps -> expand Windows PowerShell -> right-click on Windows PowerShell and select Run as Administrator. This is very important or you'll get errors in Windows PowerShell.
    • Now you should see the PowerShell window and you'll have to enter a series of commands. First order of business is loading up PSWindowsUpdate. Note: You have to do this every time you restart PowerShell and want to use PSWindowsUpdate commands!
      CommandDescriptionSet-ExecutionPolicy Unrestricted -ForceAllows the use of unsigned PowerShell scripts.Import-Module PSWindowsUpdateLoads PSWindowsUpdateSet-ExecutionPolicy Restricted -ForceClose the potential security hole.
    • Enter Get-WUList. This command will take a little while to execute. It retrieves the list of all available updates on Windows Update. If you do not see the problematical update here, it is either no longer being offered or it is installed.
    • Now you need to decide how to filter what update you want to hide. Here's some examples:
      CommandDescriptionHide-WUUpdate -Title "*Realtek High Definition Audio"This looks for a title that ends with (note the asterisk) "Realtek High Definition Audio"Hide-WUUpdate -Title "Realtek*"This looks for a title that starts with (note the asterisk) "Realtek"
      When you enter the above command, it will loop through all results it finds and ask whether or not you want to hide it. Make sure you only say "yes" to the one you want hidden and "no" to the rest.
    • It will automatically show the updated results. Verify there is an "H" under the status of the ones you want hidden and not behind the rest. If it is correct, close out of PowerShell and return to your normal user account if necessary. Run Windows Update and the update should not show/install.
    If you want to unhide an update, add -HideStatus:$false to the Hide-WUUpdate command.

FordGT90Concept, Jul 18, 2018
Thema:

Update not showing up in Hide Updates Troubleshooter

1. Update not showing up in Hide Updates Troubleshooter - Similar Threads - Update showing Hide

2. "Show or hide updates" troubleshooter package wushowhide.diagcab has vanished

in Windows 10 Gaming
    "Show or hide updates" troubleshooter package wushowhide.diagcab has vanished: "Show or hide updates" troubleshooter package wushowhide.diagcab has vanished ..Dispite the fact that so many MS articles keep on reffering to wushowhide.diagcab file, and prompt you to download ...https://support.microsoft.com/en-gb/Search/results?query=wushowhide.diagcabfor...
  3. "Show or hide updates" troubleshooter package wushowhide.diagcab has vanished

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    "Show or hide updates" troubleshooter package wushowhide.diagcab has vanished: "Show or hide updates" troubleshooter package wushowhide.diagcab has vanished ..Dispite the fact that so many MS articles keep on reffering to wushowhide.diagcab file, and prompt you to download ...https://support.microsoft.com/en-gb/Search/results?query=wushowhide.diagcabfor...
  4. hide update

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    hide update: ok i tired hiding certain updates by using wushowhide by microsoft but it seems intel drivers are still being installed and they cannot be removed after installed through windows update. is there any solution for this?...
  5. "Show or hide updates" troubleshooter package wushowhide.diagcab has vanished ..

in Windows 10 Customization
    "Show or hide updates" troubleshooter package wushowhide.diagcab has vanished ..: Dispite the fact that so many MS articles keep on reffering to wushowhide.diagcab file, and prompt you to download ... https://support.microsoft.com/en-gb/Search/results?query=wushowhide.diagcab for some reason .. the file has vanished ... Any ideas why it is no longer...
  6. hiding updates

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    hiding updates: I know there is a way to hide specific widndows update, but to be more specific is there a way to hide certain "optional" updates, specifically drivers. the reason l ask is my recently purchased laptop is a refurb which has had some minor replacements one of which was the...
  7. Windows Update Troubleshooter will not Hide KB4592438

Windows Update Troubleshooter will not Hide KB4592438: Hello. My organization uses a piece of custom software that was developed for us forty years ago. Almost miraculously it has worked across all versions of Windows until now. The update KB4592438 breaks it completely. On more than ten machines I was able to uninstall the...
  8. Windows Show Hide not hiding 2004 feature update

Windows Show Hide not hiding 2004 feature update: Show/Hide has always worked for me. Yesterday I had about 10 updates show. I want to install all BUT the 2004 Feature Update, so hid that in Show/Hide. It shows as hidden there, but when I check Windows Update again the next day, it is still listed. Normally, it would not be...
  9. Microsoft’s Show or Hide Updates tool

Microsoft’s Show or Hide Updates tool: Basically Windows 10 1809 does not work well with my systems at all. I have one Lenovo and one HP laptop that when the update installed the speed of the computers slowed down by maybe 25 to 35 percent. On each laptop if I unplug from a power source the screen just gets...
  10. Hide Updates

Hide Updates: I have a failed update that I do not want, but how are they hidden, up to 8.1 it was easy, now I cant find 'hide updates' ?*Sad 51964

Users found this page by searching for:

1. 1809 update not showing up in hide troblesutter