Windows 10: Update notification waking laptop from sleep mode

Discus and support Update notification waking laptop from sleep mode in Windows 10 Software and Apps to solve the problem; At around midnight, my laptop exited sleep waking me up with fan noise due to trying to show an update message. Is there a way to prevent this?... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Software and Apps' started by MacCraker, Jun 20, 2022.

1. MacCraker Win User

Update notification waking laptop from sleep mode

At around midnight, my laptop exited sleep waking me up with fan noise due to trying to show an update message. Is there a way to prevent this? Image:is of notification

:)

MacCraker, Jun 20, 2022
  2. Chadi Win User

ASUS Laptop Won't Wake from Sleep Mode

OS Name Microsoft Windows 10 Pro
    Version 10.0.18363 Build 18363
    System Manufacturer ASUSTeK COMPUTER INC.
    System Model UX490UAR
    System Type x64-based PC
    SMBIOS Version 3.0

Problem: about 80% of the time, my laptop won't wake up from sleep mode via keyboard press or mouse move/click. I seem to be missing many common features in power plan too, even after fresh Windows 10 install.

Troubleshooting Steps:

1. Reinstalled Windows 10 (clean)
    2. Updated all drivers
    3. Replicated on multiple Windows 10 versions, updates
    4. BIOS latest version
    5. No USB devices attached, ever. Only USB-C power and bluetooth mouse
    6. Disabled "fast startup" in control panel

Update notification waking laptop from sleep mode [​IMG]

Chadi, Jun 20, 2022
  3. Waking from sleep mode

Hi Kenneth,

For us to narrow down your concern with waking up your computer from sleep mode, we would like to know the following:

• Aside from Windows Update. were there any changes made on your computer prior to the issue?
    • Is this the first time you experienced the issue?
    • To make sure that we have not missed on anything, what troubleshooting steps have you done so far?
    • Send us a screenshot of your screen when you wake up your computer from sleep mode.

We look forward to your response.

Michael Gall, Jun 20, 2022
  4. David Haz Win User

Waking up from sleep mode

Hi Phil,

If you are unable to get out of Sleep mode, it could mean that the BIOS installed reduces the power to which your input device is connected, i.e. mouse or keyboard. For us to properly assist you in getting out of Sleep mode, kindly respond to the questions
    below:

• Can you explain further what you are experiencing? Were you able to get to the lock screen after waking from Sleep mode?
    • Are you using a laptop or a desktop computer?
    • When did the issue start to occur? Did it happen after installing an update, an app, or a driver?
    • What troubleshooting steps have you done so far? This is for us to know and to avoid any duplication of efforts on your end.

We look forward to your response.

David Haz, Jun 20, 2022
Thema:

1. Update notification waking laptop from sleep mode - Similar Threads - Update notification waking

2. Laptop won’t wake from sleep mode

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Laptop won’t wake from sleep mode: I have a recertified Asus TUF Gaming A15 laptop running Windows 10 Version 22H2 OS Build 19045.2251. After a month of use it has developed a glitch in which it won’t wake up from sleep mode. It turns on but the screen stays blank. I have to shut it down and reboot. Any ideas...
  3. Laptop won’t wake from sleep mode

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Laptop won’t wake from sleep mode: I have a recertified Asus TUF Gaming A15 laptop running Windows 10 Version 22H2 OS Build 19045.2251. After a month of use it has developed a glitch in which it won’t wake up from sleep mode. It turns on but the screen stays blank. I have to shut it down and reboot. Any ideas...
  4. Laptop won’t wake from sleep mode

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. Laptop drive wont wake from sleep mode

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Laptop drive wont wake from sleep mode: I have a windows 11 laptop and something i noticed is that, sometimes the laptop will not wake from sleep mode. Why is this?When pressing any input key the keyboard will light, and the device itself will power. But the cylinder icon that represents the drive will not blink...
  6. Laptop drive wont wake from sleep mode

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Laptop drive wont wake from sleep mode: I have a windows 11 laptop and something i noticed is that, sometimes the laptop will not wake from sleep mode. Why is this?When pressing any input key the keyboard will light, and the device itself will power. But the cylinder icon that represents the drive will not blink...
  7. Update notification waking laptop from sleep mode

Update notification waking laptop from sleep mode: At around midnight, my laptop exited sleep waking me up with fan noise due to trying to show an update message. Is there a way to prevent this? Image:is of notification...
  8. Update notification waking laptop from sleep mode

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Update notification waking laptop from sleep mode: At around midnight, my laptop exited sleep waking me up with fan noise due to trying to show an update message. Is there a way to prevent this? Image:is of notification...
  9. Waking from sleep mode.

Waking from sleep mode.: After a Windows 10 update four days ago, my desktop computer won't wake up after going into sleep mode. The only way I have been able to cope with this is to unplug the power for several seconds. How can I fix the problem so that touching the keyboard or mouse will wake up...
  10. ASUS Laptop Won't Wake from Sleep Mode

in Windows 10 Support
    ASUS Laptop Won't Wake from Sleep Mode: OS Name Microsoft Windows 10 Pro Version 10.0.18363 Build 18363 System Manufacturer ASUSTeK COMPUTER INC. System Model UX490UAR System Type x64-based PC SMBIOS Version 3.0 Problem: about 80% of the time, my laptop won't wake up from sleep mode via keyboard press or...