Windows 10: Update November 2018 computer now slower than one I had 10years ago

Discus and support Update November 2018 computer now slower than one I had 10years ago in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; So I did the update the computer asked for and now both my computer and laptop are slow as molasses..... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by EricHelgeson, Nov 14, 2018.

1. Update November 2018 computer now slower than one I had 10years ago

So I did the update the computer asked for and now both my computer and laptop are slow as molasses..

:)

EricHelgeson, Nov 14, 2018
  2. newtekie1 Win User

Windows 10 April 2018 Update(SCU) Partially Breaks MKV File Support?

I updated to main computer to the April 2018 Update, AKA Spring Creators Update, and it seems like they've taken a step backward with MKV file support. When I go into the properties of an MKV file on the Fall Creators Update, if I go to the details tab it gives me a bunch of detail about he media file, like resolution, framerate, audio information and bitrate. However, if I go into the same file's properties on the April 2018 Update, almost all of the information is blank, it only gives me a runtime and bitrate.

I really just want to confirm that this isn't just my computer and other's are experiencing the same thing.

FCU:

Update November 2018 computer now slower than one I had 10years ago fcu-png.png

April 2018 Update:

Update November 2018 computer now slower than one I had 10years ago scu-png.png

newtekie1, Nov 14, 2018
  3. john_ Win User
    Upcoming Hardware Launches 2018 (Updated)

I think it would have been better if it was shorted based on dates.

For example

2018 Q1_______
    AMD: blah blah blah
    Intel: blah blah blah

2018 Q2_______
    empty - nothing expected for that period

2018 Q3_______
    Nvidia: blah blah blah
    AMD: blah blah blah

etc.

PS
    A small mistake

john_, Nov 14, 2018
  4. rtwjunkie Win User

Update November 2018 computer now slower than one I had 10years ago

geforce experience takes an age to load..

Well that's why I asked. Mine is on SSD and takes 11 seconds. Your list of games will not appear if it has not checkd for updated suggested settings for awhile until it checks.

When it says it is refreshing the game list, it is checking, because NVIDIA periodically updates suggested settings. Plus it will look for those for new games you have installed.

So, the less it is run, the slower it will be.

rtwjunkie, Nov 14, 2018
Thema:

Update November 2018 computer now slower than one I had 10years ago

1. Update November 2018 computer now slower than one I had 10years ago - Similar Threads - Update November 2018

2. Computer working slower than before

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Computer working slower than before: Hello, I'm having this problem for some time. When I turn off the computer, it's light on the on/off button always flickers. That's normal, but it started to flicker for like 3 minutes and It's harder to shut down the computer. Or my computer crashes and freezes for no...
  3. Computer working slower than before

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Computer working slower than before: Hello, I'm having this problem for some time. When I turn off the computer, it's light on the on/off button always flickers. That's normal, but it started to flicker for like 3 minutes and It's harder to shut down the computer. Or my computer crashes and freezes for no...
  4. Computer working slower than before

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
  5. Internet on one computer is slower than others on the same network

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Internet on one computer is slower than others on the same network: I use a wired connection for my desktop. Originally I got over 80 Mbps but a few months ago I started getting 10 Mbps at most. both ethernet ports on my desktop give me the same slow speed. If I plug another computer into the same ethernet cable, I get around 80 Mbps....
  6. Internet on one computer is slower than others on the same network

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Internet on one computer is slower than others on the same network: I use a wired connection for my desktop. Originally I got over 80 Mbps but a few months ago I started getting 10 Mbps at most. both ethernet ports on my desktop give me the same slow speed. If I plug another computer into the same ethernet cable, I get around 80 Mbps....
  7. Internet on one computer is slower than others on the same network

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
  8. computer internet slower than iPad

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    computer internet slower than iPad: For some reason, my internet on my computer is slower than my iPad 7th gen. Is there a fix or a better driver for my Dell Inspiron N5050? [ATTACH][ATTACH]...
  9. November 2018 update

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    November 2018 update: Last week I updated my windows 10 for the latest updates, then when I turned on my laptop after the update the things I use such as browsers would not open but when I looked in the task manager they were showing as being open, but not displayed. Then the task bar was frozen...
  10. November 2018 updates for Microsoft Office

in Windows 10 News
    November 2018 updates for Microsoft Office: Introduction Microsoft released the following security and nonsecurity updates for Office in November 2018. These updates are intended to help our customers keep their computers up-to-date. We recommend that you install all updates that apply to you. To download an update,...