Windows 10: Update of KB3436783 fails, BSOD.

Discus and support Update of KB3436783 fails, BSOD. in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; The W10 update KB3436783 failed after the 30% installation of the code into a BSOD. Everytime I try (via Advance Repair) to restore the system to a... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by Rob_T_AMS, Sep 6, 2018.

1. Rob_T_AMS Win User

Update of KB3436783 fails, BSOD.

The W10 update KB3436783 failed after the 30% installation of the code into a BSOD. Everytime I try (via Advance Repair) to restore the system to a previous sync-point, the PC runs in to the unspecified error 0x80070003. After 'OK', the PC comes up again (thank god) but the update still keeps requesting to restart the PC and the whole cycle starts again.

I can offcourse stop the automatic updating but that does not would not keep the PC up-to-date anymore.

Any suggestions?

:)

Rob_T_AMS, Sep 6, 2018

2. Windows 10 fails to update

When you finish testing the Avast suggestion, make sure that you restart your machine.

Then if the issue persists, please return to the trouble shooting list in post# 89

I think there are three steps that remain; the WU troubleshooter, reset WU components, and manual WU reset.

Slartybart, Sep 6, 2018
  3. chideock Win User
    KB4025339 Fails Install 0x80070564

Thanks
    I am trying Eagle 51's suggestions now. Windows Update troubleshooter found a bunch of errors and fixed all but one.The update is trying to download KB4025339 again. I'll see what happens. At step one troubleshooter finishes with one error unresolved "Potential Windows Update Database Error Detected-Not Fixed". Windows update stalled at 0%.

At step 2 same troubleshooter error. The KB finished a new download failed to install.
    Did step 3 KB has downloaded but fails to install.

If Eagle's suggestion doesn't work I'll try EdTittel's suggestion

Tried bothe Eagle & Ed 's suggestions - do not work. Anyone else?

I have noticed that the latest update for my nvidia drivers has failed to update. Wondering about that!

chideock, Sep 6, 2018
  4. jds21 Win User

Windows Updates failed to instal

I just did step one and they have just all installed.... thank you so much.... it was quite frustrating having that update window pop up every 5 minutes and failing to instal every time

Thanks mate

jds21, Sep 6, 2018
Thema:

1. Update of KB3436783 fails, BSOD. - Similar Threads - Update KB3436783 fails

2. Repeated BSOD and failed updates

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Repeated BSOD and failed updates: Hi,My laptop MSI running Windows 10 has been seriously playing up lately. I've now had about 10 blue screen crashes in the last 30 minutes and haven't been able to keep the laptop on for more than about 5 minutes at a time! I've had similar problems before, caused by some...
  3. Windows 10 - 20H2 update failed - now BSOD

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Windows 10 - 20H2 update failed - now BSOD: Hi, I have an older Dell XSP L702X laptop that I use for work tasks, was working wonderful in Windows 10 1906 then when the 20H2 feature update arrived it failed to install, waited a few weeks and tried again but this time it installed and did a few BSOD crashes with error...
  4. Update failed, BSOD problems, disks renamed -

Update failed, BSOD problems, disks renamed -: My laptop failed to install the most recent February 2021 update of Windows. Now it keeps crashing with a BSOD with errors such as PAGE FAULT IN NON-PAGED AREA, ATTEMPTED WIRTE TO READ ONLY MEMORY, SYSTEM SERVICE ERRORS, and others. I have a 2 TB Hard drive which has been...
  5. BSOD - Win32F.sys Fail

BSOD - Win32F.sys Fail: Hello, I've been getting several BSOD's for awhile now and am looking for some assistance, I went through and removed a lot of programs today as well as updated my drivers to ensure it wasn't a problem on that side, my computer still proceeded to Blue Screen so I'm here...
  6. Updates cause BSOD and fail after updating to 2004

Updates cause BSOD and fail after updating to 2004: after updating Win 10 to build 2004, I try to run updates, then I get a BSOD. It restarts, then I try to run updates again and it keeps failing to install. I have ran through this twice and still same result. I have included a OneDrive link to my system info and the minidump...
  7. USBXHCI.SYS failed BSOD

USBXHCI.SYS failed BSOD: I am getting this crash report almost every day now... Stop code: KMODE_EXCEPTION_NOT_HANDLED What failed: USBXHCI.SYS Previously I thought it was an error while using the USB 3.0 ports on the top of my tower/CPU. However, this latest time it crashed the only USB activity...
  8. BSoD after Failing to Install "Windows Feature Updates"

BSoD after Failing to Install "Windows Feature Updates": I've been getting the following BSoD message Stop code: system thread exception What Failed: AppleUSBVhci.sys My computer had been failing to install the latest Windows "Features Update" for two weeks now, always getting nearly 80% before failing. Finally, yesterday, it...
  9. BSODs, failing mobo?

BSODs, failing mobo?: Hey, what's up all. Recently, over the span of 3 days, I've been experiencing multiple BSODs. First couple times the BSOD was caused by a driver, which I've removed. Despite this, I'm still getting random BSODs (I just had one 20-30 minutes ago), except this time the bug...
  10. Windows 10 BSOD and updates failed installation

Windows 10 BSOD and updates failed installation: Attachment 126842 I need help on how to fix these two problems. I don't really know what's causing the blue screen of death, it could be a software I had previously installed but since I did a system restore that should not be a problem. My computer installed most of the new...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. appleusbvhci.sys bluescreen fixed

2. kb3436783