Windows 10: Update of .NET framework freezes and corrupts system

Discus and support Update of .NET framework freezes and corrupts system in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; I’m trying a new Win10 install on an 2014 Acer Aspire that was running Win 10 before but was very slow after the Win7 to Win10 upgrade a few years ago.... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by phil_o_matic, Nov 18, 2020.

1. Update of .NET framework freezes and corrupts system

I’m trying a new Win10 install on an 2014 Acer Aspire that was running Win 10 before but was very slow after the Win7 to Win10 upgrade a few years ago. After the install from a USB drive using the newest version available through the Boot Media Creator tool everything works fine. When starting updates through the updates center the whole PC freezes during the installation of the cumulative update for .NET Framework 3.5 and 4.8 for Win10 version20H2 KB4580419. Theres no way to recover it other than a hard reset after which the system won’t boot again. I tried this twice with the exactsame result.

I had an old boot drive around with Win10 1903. There the update freezes at the .NET framework update as well tried that twice as well. Therefore I suspected a damaged hard drive but CHKDSK didn’t bring up any defects.

I am not even sure if this is caused by hardware or software. Is there a way to narrow this down? The next step I would try is an offline update of only the .NET framework instead of pulling all updates at once through the update center.

Thanks for your help!

-phil

:)

phil_o_matic, Nov 18, 2020

2. .NET Framework 1.0 updates install every day

Hi,

Thank you for posting the query on Microsoft Community.

I appreciate your interest on windows 10.

The issue might occur if there is any corruption during windows update.I will certainly help you with the issue.

I suggest you to follow the methods below:

Method 1 I suggest you to run Windows Update Troubleshooter.

Follow the below steps:

Type troubleshooting in the search bar.

• Select Troubleshooting.
    • Select View all on the top left corner.
    • Click on windows update.
    • Follow the on-screen instructions to run the troubleshooter.

Method 2 I also suggest you to uncheck the
    .NET Framework 1.0 and restart the computer and check if issue persists,

Please follow the steps below:

• Right click on start menu and click on programs and features.

• Click Turn windows features on or off.

• Uncheck .NET Framework 1.0 and .NET Framework services.

• Click on ok.
    Once, you have unchecked these, Please restart your computer and recheck
    the .NET Framework 1.0 and .NET Framework services andcheck.

Please get back to us with updated status, we will be happy to assist you.

Amrita Bhattacharjee, Nov 18, 2020
  3. Microsoft .NET Framework, Unhandled exception

Hi,

Welcome to Microsoft Community.

I suggest you to un-check and recheck .Net framework 3.5 and .Net framework 4.6 advance series from Windows features.

Try the following steps:

• Press Windows + R keys to open Run command.
    • Type Appwiz.cpl and select "turn Windows feature on or off" from the left
    • Uncheck .Net framework 3.5 and .Net framework 4.6 advance series.
    • Restart the computer
    • Repeat step 1 and 2 and check .Net framework 3.5 and .Net framework 4.6 advance series.
    • Restart the computer.
    Regards,

Waseemulla S, Nov 18, 2020
  4. Update of .NET framework freezes and corrupts system

Start menu not working with .NET framework error

Hi Jankauskas,

Welcome to Microsoft community.

As per your post, Start menu not working with .NET framework error on your system and we are glad to assist you to fix the issue.

• What is the version of .NET framework on your system?

This issue may occur due to corrupt Windows system files or due to the conflict between any third party applications on your system.

I suggest you to follow these methods below to fix your issue:

Method 1:

Let's try to perform a clean boot and check. Setting the system in a clean boot state will help to identify if any third party applications or startup items are causing the issue.

How to perform a clean boot in Windows.

http://support.microsoft.com/kb/929135

Disclaimer: After clean boot troubleshooting steps, refer to the section "How to reset the computer to start as usual after troubleshooting with clean boot" in the provided link to return your computer to Normal startup mode.

Method 2:

If that doesn’t work, I suggest you to uninstall and re-install
    .NET Framework and then check, if this fixes the issue.

Let's try to follow these steps below:

a. Type “Turn Windows Features on or off” without quotes in the search box and hit enter.

b. Expand “.NET Framework ” option.

c. Un-check “.NET Framework ”.

d. Restart the computer.

Follow these steps to re-install .NET Framework :

a. Type “Turn Windows Features on or off” without quotes in the search box and hit enter.

b. Expand “.NET Framework ” option.

c. Make a check mark next to “.NET Framework
    ”.

d. Restart the computer.

Hope the above information helps. Reply with necessary information and the result to help you further.

Thank you.

AntonyJose, Nov 18, 2020
Thema:

Update of .NET framework freezes and corrupts system

1. Update of .NET framework freezes and corrupts system - Similar Threads - Update NET framework

2. Odd .NET Framework Update

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Odd .NET Framework Update: I've just received an update for .NET framework, which is totally different from all previous ones -If you follow the 'Learn More' link, it now goes to -with the MS catalogue entries thus -I'm running Windows 11 Pro v 21H2 Build 22000.593.What's going on?...
  3. Odd .NET Framework Update

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Odd .NET Framework Update: I've just received an update for .NET framework, which is totally different from all previous ones -If you follow the 'Learn More' link, it now goes to -with the MS catalogue entries thus -I'm running Windows 11 Pro v 21H2 Build 22000.593.What's going on?...
  4. Windows Update 0x80070643 - .NET Framework Corruption

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Windows Update 0x80070643 - .NET Framework Corruption: Hello, When updating SQL security, error 0x80070643. What I've done so far:- DISM and SFC - .NET Framework Repair tools - Windows built-in update troubleshooter- Rename SoftwareDistribution- Clear/Reset Catroot2- Reset Windows Update components manually per Windows Update -...
  5. The .NET Framework is not supported on this operating system

in Windows 10 News
    The .NET Framework is not supported on this operating system: [ATTACH]Some Windows users while attempting to install a program or a particular version of .NET Framework on their Windows 10 device might be stymied by the error message The .NET Framework is not supported on this operating system. In this post, we will briefly explain why...
  6. If it's possible to uninstall net framework update without uninstalling net framework?

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    If it's possible to uninstall net framework update without uninstalling net framework?: The latest update, November 10, 2020-KB4580980 Cumulative Update Preview for .NET Framework 3.5 and 4.8 for Windows 10 , version 1903, Windows Server, version 1903, Windows 10 , version 1909, and Windows Server, version 1909 Is causing the game i play to constantly crash...
  7. .NET Framework 4 is corrupted

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    .NET Framework 4 is corrupted: Okay so I get this error on programs running .NET 4.0.0.0 The error: Could not load file or assembly 'Accesibility, Version=4.0.0.0, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=b03f5f7f11d50a3a' or one of its dependencies. The module was expected to contain an assembly manifest. I...
  8. .NET Framework Update Problems.

in Windows 10 Customization
    .NET Framework Update Problems.: Hello! I'm really new here but I'm hoping I can get some help here. I have an HP Pavilion 17 Notebook PC and I've had it since 2014. Within the past 3 months, I've started to get these notifications on my computer that say "This application requires one of the versions of...
  9. .NET Framework Update

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    .NET Framework Update: So when I updated my laptop (Windows 10) as it rebooted it said "To use this application please update your .NET framework version. Do you want to update it?" And it gave me to options, "Yes" or "No". So I chose yes. It redirected me to this website......
  10. Updates .Net framework 3.5

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    Updates .Net framework 3.5: Greetings, excuse my English, install Net framework 3.5 on Windows 10 as a program I request me. After installation, run Windows Update to download any updates but there are none. That is why net framework 3.5 requires updates for Windows 10? Thanks in advance....