Windows 10: Update on 9.17 and my type cover still wont work on my SP4

Discus and support Update on 9.17 and my type cover still wont work on my SP4 in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; I have read every other question, tried all the things (remove device, clean the ports, reset my surface, interpretive dancing...) I am a college... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by Shay L, Oct 4, 2019.

1. Shay L Win User

Update on 9.17 and my type cover still wont work on my SP4

I have read every other question, tried all the things (remove device, clean the ports, reset my surface, interpretive dancing...) I am a college student that desperately needs the type cover for efficiency and light travel. Best part, it works on my husbands surface that has not had this update. Any solution in sight? Why will my device driver not migrate? Please help!

Here is the error-

Device HID\VID_045E&PID_07E8&Col03\6&302348a5&3&0002 was not migrated due to partial or ambiguous match.

Last Device Instance Id: VMBUS\{cfa8b69e-5b4a-4cc0-b98b-8ba1a1f3f95a}\{58f75a6d-d949-4320-99e1-a2a2576d581c}

Class Guid: {745a17a0-74d3-11d0-b6fe-00a0c90f57da}

Location Path:

Migration Rank: 0xF000FFFFFFFFF112

Present: true

:)

Shay L, Oct 4, 2019
  2. GiGo Win User

Surface Pro 4 Type Cover not working after Anniversary Update

Just wondering if anyone else has had this problem recently.

My type 4 type cover has stopped working on my SP4, it works fine on my SP3, my SP1 and my RT!

I've had had two remote sessions with MS and they havent worked since installing drivers etc.... i've downloaded drivers, installed and still no luck, i've tried the above mentioned technique and it hasn't worked, i've tried turning the type cover port on and off in UEFI and nothing. I've even reset the SP4 and still doesn't work.

I have no Type Cover in my device settings either.

Anyone else recently? I

GiGo, Oct 4, 2019
  3. Tommy Win User
    Type Cover 2 not working with WIndows 10 (Release)

I have a Surface Pro 2 with the Type Cover accessory. After updating to Windows 10 yesterday, my type cover keys no longer work (though the mouse touch pad part seems just dandy). I found this help article from Microsoft and I have followed as much of these steps as makes sense based on the situation descriptions, but still have no luck.

Has anyone experienced this issue yet and has there been any type of firmware updates / touch pad updates / settings that need to be changed from default to make this work?

Tommy, Oct 4, 2019
  4. Update on 9.17 and my type cover still wont work on my SP4

Surface Pro 4 Type Cover not working after Anniversary Update

Holy hell this worked for me! Can't say how may different "fixes" I tried for this and was just short of sending my Surface Pro 4 off for repair but this worked. No Surface Type Covers (With or without fingerprint scanner) worked but now all Touch Covers are working again.

I wasn't quite ready to give up the Pro 4, so now I get to keep it a little while longer.

Thank you!

almighty1977, Oct 4, 2019
Thema:

Update on 9.17 and my type cover still wont work on my SP4

1. Update on 9.17 and my type cover still wont work on my SP4 - Similar Threads - Update type cover

2. After the most recent update 9/17/2021, my headset and speaker stop working together at the...

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    After the most recent update 9/17/2021, my headset and speaker stop working together at the...: Hi,I have set my speaker and headset to work at the same time previously, but after the most recent update, it stop working properly. I can only get either one to work and not both.Both Headset and speaker are working fine btw.I have tried: setting speaker as default device...
  3. My camera for my Aspire V 17 Nitro wont work.

My camera for my Aspire V 17 Nitro wont work.: Hello, for some reason the inbuilt camera in my laptop wont work. When i open the camera app, it just says "we cant find your camera" . I tried uninstalling camera from Device manager and download a new driver for the camera from the company website but that hasnt...
  4. My surface pro 6 type cover keyboardAlcantara version stopped working

My surface pro 6 type cover keyboardAlcantara version stopped working: The problem started around mid 2019 but it would come and go. When it started, all I had to do was detached the keyboard and reattach it and start back working. Then the problem became more progressive and started to happen more often so I will try to restart the device and...
  5. My surface pro 6 type cover keyboard is not working

My surface pro 6 type cover keyboard is not working: The problem started around mid 2019 but it would come and go. When it started, all I had to do was detached the keyboard and reattach it and start back working. Then the problem became more progressive and started to happen more often so I will try to restart the device and...
  6. My Keyboard Wont Type

My Keyboard Wont Type: Hi, Today just a few minutes ago my keyboard was working fine but after a restart the keyboard stopped working, I thought that the keyboard had to be replaced but all the shortcut keys are working perfectly fine, but I cant just type I cant even use the windows search tool...
  7. Surface Pro 4 Type Cover stopped working.

Surface Pro 4 Type Cover stopped working.: Log Name: Microsoft-Windows-Kernel-PnP/Configuration Source: Microsoft-Windows-Kernel-PnP Date: 10/8/2019 12:47:52 PM Event ID: 442 Task Category: None Level: Warning Keywords: User: SYSTEM Computer: DESKTOP-UO0VK4E...
  8. Type cover not working properly

Type cover not working properly: hello, The type cover for surface pro 4 doesn't work. However it works in UEFI mode. Every time when I touch the keyboard the screen goes in blue and says hardware check failure something like that. Thank you...
  9. how can I reset my type cover?

how can I reset my type cover?: My type cover (Surface Pro 4) stopped working a couple days ago. There was Windows update around that time, but I did not pay too close attention--I just do them. Now the type cover puts out gibberish. Some letters work while others type nothing, and still others output...
  10. Surface Pro 4 Type Cover not working after Anniversary Update

Surface Pro 4 Type Cover not working after Anniversary Update: Surface Pro 4 Type Cover not working after Windows 10 Anniversary Update. I have noticed in Device Manger that under Human Interface Devices that Wacom Device has a yellow triangle. If I look at Wacom Device Properties I see Device status --- This device cannot start...