Windows 10: Update on Patch for Curl

Discus and support Update on Patch for Curl in Windows 10 Gaming to solve the problem; Can I get an update on the fix for CVE-2023-38545... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Gaming' started by David Bushue, Oct 28, 2023.

1. Update on Patch for Curl

Can I get an update on the fix for CVE-2023-38545

:)

David Bushue, Oct 28, 2023

2. Curl Update for Win 11

Hi,

The Curl Executable in C:\Windows\System32 (CURL.EXE) is version 7.83.1 which is lower than 7.87.0 and is affeacted by a use-after-free vulnerability.

Curl can be asked to tunnel virtually all protocols it supports through an HTTP proxy. HTTP proxies can (and often do) deny such tunnel operations.

When getting denied to tunnel the specific protocols SMB or TELNET, curl would use a heap-allocated struct after it had been freed, in its transfer shutdown code path.

Referrence:

curl - HTTP Proxy deny use after free - CVE-2022-43552

When to expect an offical update from Windows as their is a latest version available on curl for Windows...

Regards

Rahul Bhichher, Oct 28, 2023
  3. ProsperN Win User
    Curl Update for Win 11

Hi Rahul and thanks for reaching out. My name is Prosper. I'm a Windows 10 expert and a user like you. I'll be happy to help you out today.

Here are some steps you can take to fix security vulnerability in the version of the Curl executable:

- Download the latest version for your system architecture 32/64-bit from the Curl official website 'curl - Download

- Extract the archive that you just downloaded,

- and then replace the existing one in C:\Windows\System32 with the one you just extract.

Then restart the computer.

I hope this helps! Please let me know if you have any further questions.

Sincerely,

Prosper

Independent Advisor

ProsperN, Oct 28, 2023
  4. Robert11 Win User

Update on Patch for Curl

eDellRoot Certificate Problem: Patch Available To Fix It Now ?

Hi,

The Patch you suggested worked well, and fast.
    Sure a lot easier than following 17 steps !

Any idea when the new Patch for the new problem will be available ?

Will it be posted here ? Where ?

Thanks again for all the help,
    Bob

Robert11, Oct 28, 2023
Thema:

Update on Patch for Curl

1. Update on Patch for Curl - Similar Threads - Update Patch Curl

2. Curl update Win11 23H2

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Curl update Win11 23H2: Hello,I am running multiple Windows 11 23H2 and the curl version is still 8.0.1.I have tried installing KB5032190 with no result. The update is not applicable to the affected systems.We use Intune to deploy security patches monthly.Any ideas, besides reinstalling the OS,...
  3. Curl update Win11 23H2

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Curl update Win11 23H2: Hello,I am running multiple Windows 11 23H2 and the curl version is still 8.0.1.I have tried installing KB5032190 with no result. The update is not applicable to the affected systems.We use Intune to deploy security patches monthly.Any ideas, besides reinstalling the OS,...
  4. Updating Microsoft Curl to the most recent version. Curl 7.84 <= 8.2.1 Header DoS...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Updating Microsoft Curl to the most recent version. Curl 7.84 <= 8.2.1 Header DoS...: Hi,I have several servers that have this version of Curl installed. I want to get my servers updated to the most recent version so my questions are:1. What is the best way to get these servers up to the most current version? It seems we are lacking 11 updates since then.2....
  5. Updating Microsoft Curl to the most recent version. Curl 7.84 <= 8.2.1 Header DoS...

Updating Microsoft Curl to the most recent version. Curl 7.84 <= 8.2.1 Header DoS...: Hi,I have several servers that have this version of Curl installed. I want to get my servers updated to the most recent version so my questions are:1. What is the best way to get these servers up to the most current version? It seems we are lacking 11 updates since then.2....
  6. Updating Microsoft Curl to the most recent version. Curl 7.84 <= 8.2.1 Header DoS...

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
  7. Update on Patch for Curl

Update on Patch for Curl: Can I get an update on the fix for CVE-2023-38545 https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/update-on-patch-for-curl/cc17fd5c-cb7c-4e81-add7-edb861330136
  8. KB5028166 patch update

KB5028166 patch update: Hi,When my computer is was on Windows 10 patch KB5028166 got installed which is now causing issues connecting with SAP via tableau SAP BW Connection Failure Error 38348CCE After Installing Windows Patch Tableau Software.My computer is now upgraded Windows 11 and I am not...
  9. Curl Update for Win 11

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Curl Update for Win 11: Hi, The Curl Executable in C:\Windows\System32 CURL.EXE is version 7.83.1 which is lower than 7.87.0 and is affeacted by a use-after-free vulnerability. Curl can be asked to tunnel virtually all protocols it supports through an HTTP proxy. HTTP proxies can and often do deny...
  10. Curl Update for Win 11

Curl Update for Win 11: Hi, The Curl Executable in C:\Windows\System32 CURL.EXE is version 7.83.1 which is lower than 7.87.0 and is affeacted by by a use-after-free vulnerability. Curl can be asked to tunnel virtually all protocols it supports through an HTTP proxy. HTTP proxies can and often do...