Windows 10: Update on previous post: nothing is working to restore the computer to its previous state,...

Discus and support Update on previous post: nothing is working to restore the computer to its previous state,... in Windows 10 Ask Insider to solve the problem; I've tried using windows.old to recover my files, I've scoured the new reset files for my old files, I've done all that and they're no where to be... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Ask Insider' started by /u/FishAreHeckinCool, Sep 29, 2020.

1. Update on previous post: nothing is working to restore the computer to its previous state,...

I've tried using windows.old to recover my files, I've scoured the new reset files for my old files, I've done all that and they're no where to be found. I even tried to restore the computer with System Restore and the only restoration date available is today at 8:38 PM, 2 or so hours after my computer was reset. I need help.

submitted by /u/FishAreHeckinCool
    [link] [comments]

:)

/u/FishAreHeckinCool, Sep 29, 2020
  2. WiIfred P Win User

restoring computer to previous date

Hi Thy3,

This is Wil, one of the independent advisor, an expert with Windows 10 and a fellow Windows 10 user like you. I understand your concern about restoring the computer to the previous date.

You can actually do that by following the steps on this link:
    https://support.microsoft.com/en-ph/help/12415/...

Follow the steps under "Restore from a system restore point"

I hope my suggestions help you. If you need further assistance please do reply back and I will respond as quickly as possible. Have a nice day.

Thanks,

Wilfred P.

Independent Advisor

WiIfred P, Sep 29, 2020
  3. Stuck at the restore to previous version loop

Hi,

Thank you for posting in Microsoft Community.

To understand the issue better, I suggest you to answer the below questions.

• What was the issue you were facing in Windows 10?
    • What made the system to be shut down while in the process of restoring?
    • Do you have the backup of the Windows 10 or the previous Windows?

Please post us back with more information to help you better.

Sachin Venkatesh, Sep 29, 2020
  4. Update on previous post: nothing is working to restore the computer to its previous state,...

How to restore a text document to its previous form?

Have you tried saving a new document not following the same steps you did prior to this concern? If so, did you experience the same issue?

In the meantime, kindly follow the steps below:

• Right-click on the text document.
    • Choose Restore previous versions.
    • Go to Previous Versions tab.
    • Look for the previous version of the document.
    • Choose Open or Restore.
    • Click on Apply.

The steps will allow you to browse all previous versions of the document.

Reply to us with the information, so that we can assist you better.

Desiree Yau, Sep 29, 2020
Thema:

Update on previous post: nothing is working to restore the computer to its previous state,...

1. Update on previous post: nothing is working to restore the computer to its previous state,... - Similar Threads - Update previous post

2. Windows 11 crashed and restored to some previous state

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows 11 crashed and restored to some previous state: I was browsing the internet, and my windows abruptly crashed after pressing some buttons, a blue screen got displayed saying there was some problem with your computer, and it automatically restarted, it took a bit of time for the restart and when it got restarted i was...
  3. Windows 11 crashed and restored to some previous state

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Windows 11 crashed and restored to some previous state: I was browsing the internet, and my windows abruptly crashed after pressing some buttons, a blue screen got displayed saying there was some problem with your computer, and it automatically restarted, it took a bit of time for the restart and when it got restarted i was...
  4. Inspiron 3668 restoring Win10 to previous state

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Inspiron 3668 restoring Win10 to previous state: My computer crashed, so I went through the SupportAssist program, did a backup of the hard drive, and reinstalled Win10. I cannot get SupportAssist to reload the backup information that it created. I have a folder on my HDD with a bunch of .mig files which I have read are...
  5. Inspiron 3668 restoring Win10 to previous state

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Inspiron 3668 restoring Win10 to previous state: My computer crashed, so I went through the SupportAssist program, did a backup of the hard drive, and reinstalled Win10. I cannot get SupportAssist to reload the backup information that it created. I have a folder on my HDD with a bunch of .mig files which I have read are...
  6. Inspiron 3668 restoring Win10 to previous state

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
  7. Backup Solution/ Software for restoring Windows to a previous state

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Backup Solution/ Software for restoring Windows to a previous state: Hello,Could anyone please recommend a software which can be used to restore Windows to a previous date/ version when it gets messed up due to bad update/ install/ malware. I do not require a backup solution for images, music, documents, etc. What I want is a software which...
  8. restoring computer to previous date

restoring computer to previous date: I would like to restore my computer to a previous date. The options has dropped off the menu or I can't find it. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/restoring-computer-to-previous-date/87062424-3f87-4117-8d9e-43ee20652860
  9. restore computer to previous date

restore computer to previous date: After syncing cell phone to computer, Total screen change. I want to restore computer to previous date. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/restore-computer-to-previous-date/ee18203f-84ef-44b0-8029-90f6d1dfcb27
  10. Restore computer to previous date

Restore computer to previous date: I want to restore my computer to previous date, but there is no restore point at that date https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/windows_10-update/restore-computer-to-previous-date/9d63db28-b68d-4896-b20c-f1c2ddc4f447