Windows 10: Update on Printer Nightmare Error!

Discus and support Update on Printer Nightmare Error! in Windows 10 Gaming to solve the problem; I've been struggling since last September when Microsoft did the KB5005565 plus a follow up update that further broke the printing with shared... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Gaming' started by PortlandMT, Apr 16, 2022.

1. Update on Printer Nightmare Error!

I've been struggling since last September when Microsoft did the KB5005565 plus a follow up update that further broke the printing with shared printers. I've tried every solution out there to no avail, but finally I found recently dated tech articles which did identify the issue. It was the solution for me as I did not want to uninstall those updates which were for security. I can now print on all devices. On a side note, Windows 11 is also plagued with almost the identical issue with network printing. It is adding a new key in the registry and you MUST do it on all devices in your network. I

:)

PortlandMT, Apr 16, 2022
  2. newtekie1 Win User

Can't share printer—getting error message

Step 1: Go to store.
    Step 2: Buy a less shitty printer.
    Step 3: Pick up some beer while you are there.
    Step 4: Enjoy both your new printer and your beer.

In all seriousness, I have had more issues with Lexmark printers and their shitty drivers then any other manufacturer, HP is a close second though.

However, if you don't want to get a new printer*Laugh :laugh:, and I can understand that, when my Lexmark was giving me the same troubles in Win7(and Vista) I had to make sure the Windows firewall was ON and the firewall service was enabled and running. After I shared it I could re-disable the firewall and firewall services.

newtekie1, Apr 16, 2022
  3. Windows 10 update cause printer problem with: "Printer not activated - Error - 20"

Hi John,

Thank you for posting in Microsoft Community, we appreciate your interest in Windows 10.

I understand your concern about accessing the printer after the Windows Update, we will help you with this issue.

Do let us know the following:

• What is the make and model of your device?
    • How is the printer connected to the computer, locally or through network?
    • Have you tried any troubleshooting steps to resolve this issue?

I suggest you to try the below and check if it helps.

Step 1: I suggest you to update the drivers for printer and check.

• Right click on the Start button from the desktop and select
      Device Manager.

• Locate and expand Print queue.

• Right-click on the printer driver
      that is listed and click Update driver software.

Step 2: I suggest you to run the printer troubleshooter from
    Fix printer problems
    and then check if this fixes the issue.

Hope it helps. Reply to the post with an updated status of this issue and required information, we will be happy to help you further.

Deepika Gowda, Apr 16, 2022
  4. Update on Printer Nightmare Error!

After upgrade to windows 10 i did and now my printer won't work . there is no driver for this model printer that work. such a nightmare. I removed the printer. Any suggestions?

Hello,

Welcome to Microsoft Community.

It's unfortunate that you are facing this issue. Let me assist you resolve the issue.

Share this information to assist you better.

• What is the make and model of the computer and printer?
    • Have you installed all the pending updates?
    • Do you get any error message or code while you try to print?
    I understand your concern however, please try the
    following steps below and check if it helps.

Step 1: Printer Troubleshooter

The built-in Printer Troubleshooter can automatically detect and fix most of the incorrect settings and errors that could cause issues while printing. I would suggest you to run this troubleshooter to check if there is any issue
    with the sound. Refer top these steps:

• Open Control Panel
    • Click on Troubleshooting and select the
      option on the left pane.
    • Click on Printer troubleshooter and follow the prompts.
    If the issue persist install the latest drivers for the printer from the manufacturer website and if you could not find, we suggest you to install the drivers in compatibility mode using the article below and check for the issue.

Step 2: How to: Install and Update drivers in Windows 10

Refer the link below:

http://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/...ndows-10/a97bbbd1-9973-4d66-9a5b-291300006293

Let us know the status of the issue. We will be glad to assist you better.

Rakesh Narayanaswamy, Apr 16, 2022
Thema:

Update on Printer Nightmare Error!

1. Update on Printer Nightmare Error! - Similar Threads - Update Printer Nightmare

2. Update on Printer Nightmare Error!

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Update on Printer Nightmare Error!: I've been struggling since last September when Microsoft did the KB5005565 plus a follow up update that further broke the printing with shared printers. I've tried every solution out there to no avail, but finally I found recently dated tech articles which did identify the...
  3. Update on Printer Nightmare Error!

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Update on Printer Nightmare Error!: I've been struggling since last September when Microsoft did the KB5005565 plus a follow up update that further broke the printing with shared printers. I've tried every solution out there to no avail, but finally I found recently dated tech articles which did identify the...
  4. Windows Update Nightmare

Windows Update Nightmare: I am still having multiple, seemingly random problems since the last update. Though I have doing the updates intended to patch my Windows 10 many of the same errors, and being thrown that I have not seen to date. What's happening: Frankly the OS seems to be unstable, not...
  5. Windows Update Nightmare

Windows Update Nightmare: I am still having multiple, seemingly random problems since the last update. Though I have doing the updates intended to patch my Windows 10 many of the same errors, and being thrown that I have not seen to date. What's happening: Frankly the OS seems to be unstable, not...
  6. Shared Printer Nightmare

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Shared Printer Nightmare: Hello,I thought I would ask the million small business question, does Microsoft have a way to fix shared printers or plan on fixing them? This is a VERY big deal to some of us. The update has been VERY destructive.CheersEric...
  7. Shared Printer Nightmare

Shared Printer Nightmare: Hello,I thought I would ask the million small business question, does Microsoft have a way to fix shared printers or plan on fixing them? This is a VERY big deal to some of us. The update has been VERY destructive.CheersEric...
  8. Windows updates are a nightmare!

Windows updates are a nightmare!: I am soooo frustrated with microsoft. The last update don’t recall date or update info took almost 24 hours to complete and it wasn’t until recently I discovered why I lost my Start Menu..,while working to rectify that problem Christmas Eve I had to step away from computer...
  9. Windows update nightmare

Windows update nightmare: Yesterday I went to my desktop. it said updating. I go back later and i see a black screen with boot error. After hours of trying to get started, I make a usb boot drive. Restore, uninstall updates, restore point, none of these are working. I log into notepad to see my...
  10. Update nightmares

Update nightmares: I have recently had a nightmare with my PC. A Win10 update in late December trashed the BIOS of my mo-bo and the critical boot and other sectors of the primary drive "0" aka C:. A re-flash restored the BIOS but the USB3 ports went AWOL. I took the C: drive out, attached it...