Windows 10: Update on screensaver not functioning.

Discus and support Update on screensaver not functioning. in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; *Thumbs Hi all. Just wondering if there is an update to the screensaver not working in W10 v1803? Has Microsoft sorted it out yet? Cheers. 115190 Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by Mothie, Aug 1, 2018.

1. Mothie Win User

Update on screensaver not functioning.

*Thumbs Hi all.

Just wondering if there is an update to the screensaver not working in W10 v1803?

Has Microsoft sorted it out yet?

Cheers.

:)

Mothie, Aug 1, 2018
  2. terrace Win User

Screensaver shortcut

I did this"
    Search Results

I would suggest you to try the following steps and check if that helps.

• Go to the folder C:\Windows\System32 and sort by file type.
    • Look for the screensaver file type (.scr).
    • Find the file scrnsave.scr(you can choose any of the screensavers).
    • Right click and select send to>desktop (create shortcut). The shortcut on my attachment, but when i click on it my screen goes off and on and nothing else.Update on screensaver not functioning. :)

terrace, Aug 1, 2018
  3. Screensaver Issues After the Latest Update

Hello,

Outdated drivers can be a possible reason why you cannot exit your screensaver when you press the space bar. To better assist you, we need the answers to the following questions:

• Do you receive any error messages when you are trying to exit the screensaver?
    • Have you tried updating your graphic's card driver?

In the meantime, we suggest setting your screensaver to use images from the Photo app
    instead of the Windows Live Photo Gallery and see if the issue still persist. To do this, simply follow the steps below:

• Click the Start button and type Settings
      on the search box. Click on the first option.
    • Select Personalization.
    • Click on Lock screen.

We are looking forward to your response.

Jefferson Ore, Aug 1, 2018
  4. Arjai Win User

WCGrid News and Talking Points!!

Release Notes for BOINC 7.8

New BOINC out there!

Changes in 7.8.3

• client: extensions, fixes to account manager functionality
      • client: eliminate possible buffer overflow in reporting result errors
      • lib: fix boinc_file_exists() on Windows
      • Mac: Changes to Xcode project to support screensaver changes for Mac OS 10.13.
      • Screensaver: Changes for screensaver to support Mac OS 10.13
      • api: BOINC graphics library changes to support Mac OS 10.13
      • client library: inconsistent terminology for intel_gpu
      • update project list
      • Locale: Update french localization files
      • update installshield files

I am SOOOO glad they fixed those French localization files!! Man has that been a pain! *Laugh :laugh:

Get it!! Get it HERE!

Arjai, Aug 1, 2018
Thema:

1. Update on screensaver not functioning. - Similar Threads - Update screensaver functioning

2. Windows 11 Screensaver / Display Sleep functions not working

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows 11 Screensaver / Display Sleep functions not working: A few weeks ago, I can't remember exactly when it occurred my screensaver and display sleep functions just completely stopped working. I have tried every trick in the book. I have updated my BIOS and chipset drivers. Powercfg -requests shows an audio stream running from...
  3. Windows 11 Screensaver / Display Sleep functions not working

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Windows 11 Screensaver / Display Sleep functions not working: A few weeks ago, I can't remember exactly when it occurred my screensaver and display sleep functions just completely stopped working. I have tried every trick in the book. I have updated my BIOS and chipset drivers. Powercfg -requests shows an audio stream running from...
  4. Screensaver

in Windows 10 Customization
    Screensaver: How do I change my screensaver for one of my photos https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/screensaver/7d2e4428-0a9c-4e55-80ca-71a2fc5b4111
  5. Screensaver

Screensaver: Is there a way to randomize screensaver photo in Windows 10? Thx, JD https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/screensaver/dbb69809-eded-4f42-9601-4d92ace37c18
  6. SCREENSAVER

SCREENSAVER: HOW DO I CREATE MY OWN SCREENSAVER https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/screensaver/d843cb45-ef62-447b-909d-d5b10cdccf3a
  7. New Computer With OEM Win 10 (Screensaver Function Doesn't Activate)

New Computer With OEM Win 10 (Screensaver Function Doesn't Activate): Last week I purchased a new computer pre-installed with Windows 10. After installing applications I needed (including an extra purchase of Office 365), I set the system to my preferred power settings, which are to never turn off the monitors and never shut the system down,...
  8. No Screensaver after 10 update

No Screensaver after 10 update: I updated from Windows 7 to 10 last night and now I cannot get my Screensaver to work or get my screen to turn off in the power settings. Something must be causing the screen to stay awake. Any help would be great. 11232
  9. No Screensaver

No Screensaver: Hi folks, despite setting up my screensaver to show a slideshow of my pictures like I did in Windows 7 it will not start. Also the computer does not shut down even though I've set it to turn off after an hour. Not life or death but irritating. 15116
  10. Screensaver not working after update

Screensaver not working after update: I updated today from Windows 7 to 10, and everything seems to be working great except for a screensaver I purchased a few years ago. I know it's a relatively minor problem, but it worked fine on 7. The screensaver worked by taking a screenshot when initialized, and...