Windows 10: *UPDATE ON SYSTEM RESTORE POINTS*

Discus and support *UPDATE ON SYSTEM RESTORE POINTS* in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; A little bit of backstory: I downloaded a safe program bundled with a bunch of PuPs. Blind me didn't see the custom install feature. Anyways, because... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by Disregardless, Feb 25, 2019.

1. *UPDATE ON SYSTEM RESTORE POINTS*

A little bit of backstory:

I downloaded a safe program bundled with a bunch of PuPs. Blind me didn't see the custom install feature. Anyways, because all the PuPs slowed down my PC by 25%, I wanted to make sure they were ALL GONE, so I preformed a system restore to a point I made yesterday (thank God I did).

So, many people have said, if your computer has been rebooting for over 3 hours, just force shut down and re-install windows. My restore took 4 hours and was successful. Before you go through all the trouble of re-installing Windows, try waiting a bit longer for your system restore (especially if you have Malware on your PC or if you have a bad PC).

I'm sorry about my horrible grammar. I am a young child.

Leave your opinions/comments in the reply section, I'd love to hear them.

:)

Disregardless, Feb 25, 2019
  2. graye Win User

System Restore is on But No Restore Points

I disagree...

• No, System Restore is not off by default (at least not on my systems)
    • No, it is not basically defunct (it works just like it always has)

Yes, an Automatic Update (or even a normal software package install) will attempt to create another restore point. And, yes.... if you run out of room that has been set aside for System Restore, it will start deleting old restore points. So if that's
    the case, the solution is kinda self-evident... just increase the percentage of the disk space that the system restore is allowed to use.

Yes, it's true that during an Upgrade of Windows 10 (say, from the "Fall Creators Update" to the "Spring 2018 Update") the system will do you a favor and wipe the older restore points (because their content is not valid anymore)

graye, Feb 25, 2019
  3. Cannot Create System Restore Point Because Cannot Turn On System Protection

In Control Panel/System/System Properties/System Protection, "Available Drives," all that is listed is "Searching..." No drives are located, so no System Restore point can be established.

How to fix?

I have an extensive active thread in another area of the community dealing with the failure of this PC to install the latest Windows 10 update. Prior to executing the next suggested step to fix that problem I need to create a System Restore point, so a
    solution to this issue must be found before I can move forward on the major problem.

YES, I have ALREADY run the SFC Command as Administrator and the report was that everything was A-OK.

Curmudgeon10, Feb 25, 2019
  4. Ralf_G Win User

*UPDATE ON SYSTEM RESTORE POINTS*

lost system restore point

Two things that could pertain to this. First, older System Restore points do roll off the end of the list when the drive space allocated to system restore has been used up and new restore points are being created.

The second point is that system restore points are sometimes deleted when significant operating system updates include changes that are incompatible with files stored in those old restore point(s).

I'm presuming that you did tick the box in System Restore that says "show more restore points".

Ralf_G, Feb 25, 2019
Thema:

*UPDATE ON SYSTEM RESTORE POINTS*

1. *UPDATE ON SYSTEM RESTORE POINTS* - Similar Threads - *UPDATE SYSTEM RESTORE

2. System restore restore point

in Windows 10 Gaming
    System restore restore point: Hello,There is something wrong with my computer so I wanted to run system restore but all I see is one restore point when I go to the menu even when I click choose a different restore point. I am POSITIVE that I made more then one restore point .Can you please help me...
  3. System restore restore point

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    System restore restore point: Hello,There is something wrong with my computer so I wanted to run system restore but all I see is one restore point when I go to the menu even when I click choose a different restore point. I am POSITIVE that I made more then one restore point .Can you please help me...
  4. System restore restore point

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
  5. System Restore Point

System Restore Point: When I tried to use a restore to a system restore point. Windows asked for a password. I tried every password I knew, including local and microsoft account. I even tried to reintall windows and reset it. None worked, what can I do?...
  6. System Restore is on But No Restore Points

System Restore is on But No Restore Points: I've had System Restore on for drive c: for the last 3 days. I want in there today ad there are no restore points/ Is this by default?!? James...
  7. Critical Update System Restore Point

Critical Update System Restore Point: hello, I forced to make system recovery for my windows 10, and spend long time to download all updates for windows and devices software, after finish installing the latest update (1803), a critical update system restore point atomically created for my windows drive. The...
  8. System restore points

in Windows 10 Backup and Restore
    System restore points: Suddenly all my system restore points disappeared. No restore points are being created by windows up dates Manual restore points are working ok since this occurence. 56422
  9. System Restore points

System Restore points: I am helping my church with some of their computer problems. A couple of weeks ago, Windows 10 was automatically updated on their machines running Windows 7. This has caused a problem with one of their main applications that is used to track church business. While trying to...
  10. System restore points

System restore points: Restore points being deleted. Older restore points are being auto-deleted. And I'd like to keep them. I saved some restore points in October, but now they're gone, and the only ones left, are the ones I created in November. I've allowed 90 Gb of memory space for...