Windows 10: Update on Twitter security incident

Discus and support Update on Twitter security incident in Windows 10 News to solve the problem; As we’ve been informing via the @TwitterSupport account, on Wednesday, July 15, 2020, we detected a security incident at Twitter and took... Discussion in 'Windows 10 News' started by Brink, Jul 18, 2020.

1. Brink Win User

Update on Twitter security incident

Source: An update on our security incident

:)

Brink, Jul 18, 2020

2. Twitter RSS feed and Loop

So, my Twitter RSS feed won't update, and I can't post anything to twitter from the Loop or Kin Studio. Suggestions?

CommieCOZY, Jul 18, 2020
  3. Billy Med Win User
    Twitter Notifications

No worries, Russ. To get Twitter notifications on your device, we recommend that you follow these steps:

• Uninstall your Twitter application.
    • Open your Twitter from a computer and go to your settings.
    • Choose apps and remove access from Twitter for your Windows Phone.
    • Reinstall Twitter on your phone and grant it permission to connect to your account.
    You should receive Twitter notifications after a day or two.

Keep us posted.

Billy Med, Jul 18, 2020
  4. Update on Twitter security incident

Antivirus tools are a useless box-ticking exercise says Google security chap

The only search I had white listed was Google Facebook was not, Twitter was not, Amazon was not. Microsoft was because of windows update and Visual Studio downloads and redistributables. I remember HighPoint-Tech was white listed to get RocketRAID drivers. TechPowerUp and GeneralNonsense were white listed for the rare instance my personal computer was off/disabled and I needed to access them.

Bare in mind that white listing simply permits the website to function as normal (medium security). It doesn't give it elevated permissions to do anything. Everything not listed as a trusted site runs at high security where pretty much everything that isn't HTML and CSS is prohibited.

FordGT90Concept, Jul 18, 2020
Thema:

Update on Twitter security incident

1. Update on Twitter security incident - Similar Threads - Update Twitter security

2. BSOD INCIDENT

in Windows 10 Gaming
    BSOD INCIDENT: Hi... had a recent bsod episode in my asus laptop.though the laptop recovered and is functional can someone guide me follow up actions i need to take.in some other forum i was advised that my added RAM and OEM RAM is a mismatch.heres the speccy...
  3. BSOD INCIDENT

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    BSOD INCIDENT: Hi... had a recent bsod episode in my asus laptop.though the laptop recovered and is functional can someone guide me follow up actions i need to take.in some other forum i was advised that my added RAM and OEM RAM is a mismatch.heres the speccy...
  4. Blocked taskbar incidents

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Blocked taskbar incidents: Hello, we have discovered a specific incident on our Windows 10 and Windows 11 client-server environment. It concerns about 15 computers. The problem is the following: the taskbar is no longer functional. This also causes problems with Office 365 activation. Thank you for...
  5. Random "BSOD" incidents

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Random "BSOD" incidents: Before I begin, my PC is a Dell Optiplex 3010 with 16gb installed RAM. It came with Win 7 Pro, upgraded to Win 10 Pro version 21H2 build 19044.2075 ... Windows update IS up to date.This PC is normally pretty stable but, every once in a while, I can be in the middle of typing...
  6. Question about possible security incident

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Question about possible security incident: Hello I have a question about Fortnite Lobby’s and if someone can take your ip threw them because today we invited someone that was in my friends twitch chat and they did a 1v1 and things got heated long story short the kid said he pulled our ips and now I’m worried because...
  7. Twitter for Android security vulnerability discovered and fixed

in Windows 10 News
    Twitter for Android security vulnerability discovered and fixed: We recently discovered and fixed a vulnerability in Twitter for Android related to an underlying Android OS security issue affecting OS versions 8 and 9. Our understanding is 96% of people using Twitter for Android already have an Android security patch installed that...
  8. Twitter

in Windows 10 Customization
    Twitter: Hi, Twitter is no longer letting me post pics from lap top ? .... all other functionality is working ok. I get a Tweet not sent error message. Word only tweets, comments and likes and RTs ok.........
  9. Twitter

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Twitter: If you have a Twitter Account you may want to change your Password. It may have been compromised. Twitter Support (@TwitterSupport) | Twitter [img] 109300
  10. Twitter updated Privacy Policy

in Windows 10 News
    Twitter updated Privacy Policy: Twitter’s purpose is to keep the world informed by serving the public conversation. We work hard to build a great experience for people Tweeting, and seeing Tweets all over the world, and protecting the privacy of the people who use Twitter every day. We believe you should...