Windows 10: Update on USB connectivity with AMD 500 Series Chipset Motherboards

Discus and support Update on USB connectivity with AMD 500 Series Chipset Motherboards in Windows 10 News to solve the problem; AMD is aware of reports that a small number of users are experiencing intermittent USB connectivity issues reported on 500 Series chipsets. We have... Discussion in 'Windows 10 News' started by Brink, Feb 20, 2021.

1. Brink Win User

Update on USB connectivity with AMD 500 Series Chipset Motherboards

Source: An Update on USB connectivity with 500 Series Chipset Motherboards : Amd

:)

Brink, Feb 20, 2021
  2. Brink Win User

Latest AMD Chipset Drivers Released

Latest AMD Crimson Chipset Drivers Released

Update on USB connectivity with AMD 500 Series Chipset Motherboards [​IMG]
    Information WHQL version: 18.10.0830
    Release Date: September 4, 2018

Supports:

Windows® 7/10 for
    • 2nd Gen AMD Ryzen™ Desktop Processor
    • 7th-Gen AMD A-Series Processors
    • AMD Ryzen™ Desktop Processor
    • AMD X470 Chipset
    • AMD X370 Chipset
    • AMD B450 Chipset
    • AMD B350 Chipset
    • AMD A320 Chipset
    Windows® 10 only for
    • 2nd Gen AMD Ryzen™ Threadripper™ Processor
    • AMD Ryzen™ Threadripper™ Processor
    • AMD Ryzen™ Desktop Processor with Radeon™ Vega Graphics
    • AMD X399 Chipset
    Package Includes:
    • AMD Chipset Drivers
    • AMD Ryzen™ Balanced Power Plan

AMD Chipsets Driver Download

Brink, Feb 20, 2021
  3. btarunr Win User
    Intel Fixes 8-series Chipset USB 3.0 Erratum

Intel issued a product-change notification (PCN) to partners in the motherboard industry, informing them of a new C2 stepping of the 8-series "Lynx Point" chipset. The stepping introduces a metal layers change that fixes the USB 3.0 remuneration erratum, which causes devices plugged in to USB 3.0 ports to fail to reinitialize after waking up from sleep states such as S3, requiring uses to unplug and replug them, which could get particularly irritating for people with external RAID devices that rely on USB 3.0 for host connectivity.

According to the PCN, the first socket LGA1150 motherboards in the market may not feature C2-stepping chipset. It predicts samples to be available to motherboard manufacturers by April 19, 2013; availability of qualification data (when Intel has finalized design after taking feedback from partners), by July 1 2013; customers should be ready to receive C2-stepping chips by July 31. These dates indicate that the very first batches of socket LGA1150 motherboards will still feature C1-stepping chipset that are affected by the erratum, and if you can't live with it, you should ideally wait until late-August or mid-September for the first motherboards with C2-stepping chipset to make it to the markets. Intel expects to launch its 4th generation Core "Haswell" processors and compatible LGA1150 motherboards by mid-June.

Update on USB connectivity with AMD 500 Series Chipset Motherboards 49a_thm.jpg

btarunr, Feb 20, 2021
  4. btarunr Win User

Motherboards with Revised Intel 8-series Chipset to Show up by September

Motherboards running C2-stepping Intel 8-series chipsets should begin surfacing on the market in September 2013, according to a DigiTimes report. The C2-stepping addresses a design flaw in the 8-series chipset's integrated USB 3.0 host controllers, which causes connected devices to improperly reinitialize after the system resumes from a sleep state such as S3 (suspend-to-RAM), forcing users to unplug and replug such devices; which can particularly be an irritant for people running USB 3.0 external RAID boxes.

The USB 3.0 erratum came to public light a bit too late for Intel to delay the June launch of its 4th generation Core "Haswell" processors platform. By the time it emerged that Intel was working on the C2-stepping, production of socket LGA1150 motherboards were already on full-swing, and at the time it was predicted that motherboards with the rectified chipsets would fill up inventory by late-Q3 or early-Q4, 2013. This update point out at September checks out.

Update on USB connectivity with AMD 500 Series Chipset Motherboards 148a_thm.jpg

Source: DigiTimes

btarunr, Feb 20, 2021
Thema:

1. Update on USB connectivity with AMD 500 Series Chipset Motherboards - Similar Threads - Update USB connectivity

2. AMD Rysen 5000 series update and now AMD is broken

in Windows 10 Gaming
    AMD Rysen 5000 series update and now AMD is broken: so I just updated from AMD their latest update and my second screen is totally gone and I can't display even HD on the Laptop screen. AMD no longer shows up in my apps. What is going on?...
  3. AMD Rysen 5000 series update and now AMD is broken

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    AMD Rysen 5000 series update and now AMD is broken: so I just updated from AMD their latest update and my second screen is totally gone and I can't display even HD on the Laptop screen. AMD no longer shows up in my apps. What is going on?...
  4. IntelR 5 Series/3400 Series Chipset Family USB Enhanced Host Controller

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    IntelR 5 Series/3400 Series Chipset Family USB Enhanced Host Controller: IntelR 5 Series/3400 Series Chipset Family USB Enhanced Host ControllerWhere can i get these drivers for windows 7 https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/intelr-5-series3400-series-chipset-family-usb/fa0eac43-21ea-4118-add5-fac370d6d49d
  5. AMD 500 chipset USB problem

AMD 500 chipset USB problem: I copied a large amount of data on multiple sistems this weekend. I have X470 chipset and intel nuc 8259u. On all sistems i had dropouts so I think that problem is in Windows 10 or usb drivers and in chipsets. I have leatest bioses and 20h2 with leatest updates. USB standard...
  6. Should I Update Drivers for my chipset & motherboard

Should I Update Drivers for my chipset & motherboard: I had a computer made for me in 2017. Should I try to update the drivers for my motherboard or chipset? I'm not experiencing any problems that I'm aware of, but have heard that you should keep your drivers up to date. Under System Information, I get this: [img] Pursuant...
  7. AMD chipset driver

AMD chipset driver: I was wondering what would happen if I installed wrong amd chipset driver an older version then reinstalled to a newer one from the manufacturer’s site? Could it cause problems with drivers and Windows? Thank you...
  8. Amd chipset question

Amd chipset question: So I've got a question about the amd b450 chipset drivers; Should I install it directly from amd? Should I install it directly from MSI (the motherboard I have)? Or should I grab it & install it from both sources when a update is available? 148398
  9. intel 5 series/3400 series chipset family usb enhanced host controller - 3b34

intel 5 series/3400 series chipset family usb enhanced host controller - 3b34: Have solved this problem using below link to delete lowerfilters and upperfilters for this device in Registry editor. In my case for USB only the upperfilter was listed. Right clicked and deleted that entry. Rebooted the computer and it worked fine....
  10. Announcing AMD Radeon RX 500 Series Graphics Cards

in Windows 10 News
    Announcing AMD Radeon RX 500 Series Graphics Cards: MPYrSChLkqI ​Today AMD (NASDAQ: AMD) introduced the Radeon™ RX 500 series, a new line of graphics cards featuring a powerful combination of improved game performance, higher clock speeds1, and a refined 2nd generation Polaris architecture, giving PC gamers the best...