Windows 10: Update Orchestrator is disabled but my system just restarted to install something. How?

Discus and support Update Orchestrator is disabled but my system just restarted to install something. How? in Windows 10 Ask Insider to solve the problem; One thing I really detest about Windows is how it will reboot the system automatically. To deal with that, I disabled the Update Orchestrator and... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Ask Insider' started by /u/ratsta, Jan 9, 2021.

1. /u/ratsta Win User

Update Orchestrator is disabled but my system just restarted to install something. How?

One thing I really detest about Windows is how it will reboot the system automatically. To deal with that, I disabled the Update Orchestrator and renamed out the "reboot" file in the sys32\UO folder then replaced it with a folder of the same name. That fixed the problem just fine and I've been updating at times of my own choosing for the last few years. The GP "No auto-restart with logged on users for scheduled automatic updates installations" is enabled.

A day or two ago, I applied an update that took 30+ mins to run but it got there eventually. A short time I returned to the computer to find it had restarted. Checking the event logs, I find the following:

The process C:\WINDOWS\system32\svchost.exe (TITAN) has initiated the restart of computer TITAN-10 on behalf of user NT AUTHORITY\SYSTEM for the following reason: Operating System: Service pack (Planned)

Reason Code: 0x80020010

My screen was locked but I was logged in.

If anyone can provide more information on how to prevent this undesirable behaviour, I'd love to hear it!

Thanks

submitted by /u/ratsta
    [link] [comments]

:)

/u/ratsta, Jan 9, 2021
  2. kambei.7s Win User

Windows 10 Update Orchestrator Service

found similar error in the 'System' log, during the restart after installing the update, is this normal for windows 10? Does everyone faced such thing? The update seems to have settled, in the status I've see 'Success', there seem to be no other errors.

The "Update Orchestrator Service" service is turned off due to an error
    The return from the operation was due to the timeout.

code 7023 source of Service Control Manager

EventData

param1 Update Orchestrator Service
    param2 %% 2147549471
    550073006F005300760063000000

Keywords 0x8080000000000000

after 20 seconds
    The C: \ Windows \ system32 \ MusNotificationUX.exe process initiated the "Restart" action for the DESKTOP computer on behalf of the user due to: Operating system: Service pack installation Scheduled

The update was installed
    KB4103727 OS Build 16299.431

Thanks.

kambei.7s, Jan 9, 2021
  3. Noela Tum Win User
    Disable Update Orchestrator from waking my computer

Thanks for your reply. To help resolve your concern with the Update Orchestrator, please follow the steps below:

• Go to the Task Scheduler.
    • Double-click Task Scheduler Library.
    • Select and double-click Microsoft.
    • Select and double-click Windows.
    • Choose Update Orchestrator.
    • Right-click on Reboot.
    • Choose Properties.
    • Select Conditions.
    • Under Power options, uncheck "Wake the computer to run this task".
    You may also disable all wake timers for your computer under Power options.

We're looking forward to your response.

Noela Tum, Jan 9, 2021
  4. Alpacko Win User

Update Orchestrator is disabled but my system just restarted to install something. How?

Disable Update Orchestrator from waking my computer

problem is back with 1903 and suggested solutions in this thread wont help.

Alpacko, Jan 9, 2021
Thema:

1. Update Orchestrator is disabled but my system just restarted to install something. How? - Similar Threads - Update Orchestrator disabled

2. My update Orchestrator service is missing

in Windows 10 Gaming
    My update Orchestrator service is missing: I have been trying to download apps from the Microsoft store, but it says one of the update services is missing. When I go to the windows update menu, it says "Error, Try to open settings later". By the way, for anyone who replies, I am using Windows 11....
  3. My update Orchestrator service is missing

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    My update Orchestrator service is missing: I have been trying to download apps from the Microsoft store, but it says one of the update services is missing. When I go to the windows update menu, it says "Error, Try to open settings later". By the way, for anyone who replies, I am using Windows 11....
  4. My update Orchestrator service is missing

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
  5. Update Orchestrator Service

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Update Orchestrator Service: The "Update Orchestrator Service" does not start. The System event log shows the following: The Update Orchestrator Service service failed to start due to the following error: The parameter is incorrect.In Settings-->Windows Update the following is displayed: Something went...
  6. How to disable the scheduled Update Orchestrator scan in Windows 10

in Windows 10 News
    How to disable the scheduled Update Orchestrator scan in Windows 10: [ATTACH]If your computer is waking up all the time because of the UpdateOrchestrator Service, […] This article How to disable the scheduled Update Orchestrator scan in Windows 10 first appeared on TheWindowsClub.com. read more...
  7. Why is Update Orchestrator waking the computer and overriding the disable status?

Why is Update Orchestrator waking the computer and overriding the disable status?: I have problem with Update Orchestrator waking my computer. I have followed the PSTool sollution from this threat: https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/windows_10-update/disable-update-orchestrator-from-waking-my/19272430-f41f-4947-904c-71ab34b220f0 How can I...
  8. How to Kill Update Orchestrator

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    How to Kill Update Orchestrator: I posted this last night when I was woken up by this stupid service but it must have gotten buried. My computer keeps turning on from sleep. This is from the command: powercfg -lastwake Wake History Count - 1 Wake History [0] Wake Source Count - 1 Wake Source [0] Type:...
  9. How to stop Update Orchestrator Service

How to stop Update Orchestrator Service: How do I stop Windows 10 Update Orchestrator Service? I have tried almost every available way but did not work, tried to stop it from services, gpedit, regedit, task manger, and now CPU usage is 75%....
  10. Disable Update Orchestrator from waking my computer

Disable Update Orchestrator from waking my computer: problem is back with 1903 and suggested solutions in this thread wont help. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/disable-update-orchestrator-from-waking-my/9c19d45c-d9ed-40dd-8fb3-21effbe56403