Windows 10: Update orchestrator still causing problems

Discus and support Update orchestrator still causing problems in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; This is not a new problem. WHY HASN'T IT BEEN FIXED? Update Orchestrator wakes up my sleeping computer, grinds the disk drive and heats it up, stops... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by CarolynKay, Aug 11, 2020.

1. Update orchestrator still causing problems

This is not a new problem. WHY HASN'T IT BEEN FIXED?

Update Orchestrator wakes up my sleeping computer, grinds the disk drive and heats it up, stops the display from showing, and FORCES ME TO REBOOT just to see a screen.

I've tried everything I could find on the internet to fix that problem, and nothing works.

If I could only change the task to not wake up the computer I wouldn't have this problem. But it's grayed out. If I find a way to delete the task, it reappears. If I delete the executable, it reappears.

I can't tell you how infuriating this is.

:)

CarolynKay, Aug 11, 2020
  2. Noela Tum Win User

Disable Update Orchestrator from waking my computer

Thanks for your reply. To help resolve your concern with the Update Orchestrator, please follow the steps below:

• Go to the Task Scheduler.
    • Double-click Task Scheduler Library.
    • Select and double-click Microsoft.
    • Select and double-click Windows.
    • Choose Update Orchestrator.
    • Right-click on Reboot.
    • Choose Properties.
    • Select Conditions.
    • Under Power options, uncheck "Wake the computer to run this task".
    You may also disable all wake timers for your computer under Power options.

We're looking forward to your response.

Noela Tum, Aug 11, 2020
  3. Update Orchestrator Reboot

Hi Ken,

To help resolve your concern with Orchestrator Reboot, you may follow the steps below:

• Go to the Task Scheduler.
    • Double-click Task Scheduler Library.
    • Select and double-click Microsoft.
    • Select and double-click Windows.
    • Choose UpdateOrchestrator.
    • Right-click on Reboot.
    • Choose Properties.
    • Select Conditions.
    • Under Power options, uncheck "Wake the computer to run this task".

You may also disable all wake timers for your computer under Power options.

Let us know how it goes.

Monica Cam, Aug 11, 2020
  4. kambei.7s Win User

Update orchestrator still causing problems

Windows 10 Update Orchestrator Service

That desktop PC, and with windows 10 1709 Enterprise on it, nothing serious have been tweaked about updates (some tweaks to not install updates automatically in Group Policy) , no Network Domain/AD used. So this is normal? As far I know that Update orchestrator does not used in common editions.

kambei.7s, Aug 11, 2020
Thema:

Update orchestrator still causing problems

1. Update orchestrator still causing problems - Similar Threads - Update orchestrator still

2. Update Orchestrator Service

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Update Orchestrator Service: The "Update Orchestrator Service" does not start. The System event log shows the following: The Update Orchestrator Service service failed to start due to the following error: The parameter is incorrect.In Settings-->Windows Update the following is displayed: Something went...
  3. Update Orchestrator Service

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Update Orchestrator Service: The "Update Orchestrator Service" does not start. The System event log shows the following: The Update Orchestrator Service service failed to start due to the following error: The parameter is incorrect.In Settings-->Windows Update the following is displayed: Something went...
  4. Update Orchestrator Service

in Windows 10 Gaming
  5. Is the new Windows 10 Update still causing problems?

Is the new Windows 10 Update still causing problems?: Question says it all. Is this about 2004? Update of Windows 10, have the problems been solved? Bereitet das neue Windows 10 Update noch Probleme?
  6. How to Kill Update Orchestrator

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    How to Kill Update Orchestrator: I posted this last night when I was woken up by this stupid service but it must have gotten buried. My computer keeps turning on from sleep. This is from the command: powercfg -lastwake Wake History Count - 1 Wake History [0] Wake Source Count - 1 Wake Source [0] Type:...
  7. Update Orchestrator keeps waking pc

Update Orchestrator keeps waking pc: So in the middle of the night my pc decided that it was time to wake up and install some updates. My pc is half a meter from my head and filled with loud fans and RGB, so of course I woke up immediately... How can I stop Windows Updates from waking up my pc? I regularly (but...
  8. Still having issues with Update orchestrator

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Still having issues with Update orchestrator: Windows Update orchestrator is constantly waking me up after I put my computer to sleep. I tried to turn of updates through instructions from another user, but my computer still woke from sleep. I also tried to use task scheduler to keep it from waking my computer, but the...
  9. Update causes problems

Update causes problems: Twice the windows button in the lefthand corner of the taskbar has stopped working after an update. I have fixed the problem by undoing the update but the system keeps on wanting to try again. How can I stop it? *** moved to englisch Community ***...
  10. Update Orchestrator Service is not closing down

Update Orchestrator Service is not closing down: I cannot change the start parameters of my windows update orchestrator service nor is the closing down. I tried closing it down from the task scheduler but it wont work because it is saying that I don't have the permission to do so. There is a single account on this PC i.e....