Windows 10: Update Orchestrator Wakes PC, Won't Return to Sleep

Discus and support Update Orchestrator Wakes PC, Won't Return to Sleep in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance to solve the problem; Windows 10 laptop keeps waking and will not return to sleep. Checking the Even Viewer, the apparent cause is the Update Orchestrator Service waking... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance' started by Teknophile, Nov 16, 2019.

1. Update Orchestrator Wakes PC, Won't Return to Sleep

Windows 10 laptop keeps waking and will not return to sleep.

Checking the Even Viewer, the apparent cause is the Update Orchestrator Service waking it up. This is fine, except that it doesn't put the PC back to sleep. In Power Options -> Sleep -> System Unattended Sleep Timeout, the timer is set to 2 minutes, but clearly this isn't being honored.

A possible workaround is to set Power Options -> Sleep -> Allow Wake Timers - > Disable, but this will prevent Windows from updating in the background.

:)

Teknophile, Nov 16, 2019

2. my computer won`t wake up after goes to sleep

these computer won`t wake up after goes to sleep ?

oscarperezvc, Nov 16, 2019
  3. Noela Tum Win User
    Disable Update Orchestrator from waking my computer

Thanks for your reply. To help resolve your concern with the Update Orchestrator, please follow the steps below:

• Go to the Task Scheduler.
    • Double-click Task Scheduler Library.
    • Select and double-click Microsoft.
    • Select and double-click Windows.
    • Choose Update Orchestrator.
    • Right-click on Reboot.
    • Choose Properties.
    • Select Conditions.
    • Under Power options, uncheck "Wake the computer to run this task".
    You may also disable all wake timers for your computer under Power options.

We're looking forward to your response.

Noela Tum, Nov 16, 2019
  4. rvcjew Win User

Update Orchestrator Wakes PC, Won't Return to Sleep

Updates are paused but Update Orchestrator keeps waking PC.

I normally do updates every few days but so it does not inconvenience me I do them then set them to be paused so the PC which is in my bedroom does not wake me at night. For the past few days even though its paused Update Orchestrator is waking my pc, but why? Should it not be disabled when Updates are Paused? I'm on 1903 for reference.

Here is my Powercfg -lastwake report:

Owner: [SERVICE] \Device\HarddiskVolume4\Windows\System32\svchost.exe (SystemEventsBroker) Owner Supplied Reason: Windows will execute 'NT TASK\Microsoft\Windows\UpdateOrchestrator\Universal Orchestrator Start' scheduled task that requested waking the computer.

I know you can murder the task and take system privileges from it to make you have to force it do updates but I only have my laptop doing that as if this happens to it in a bag that can be a very bad thing and used to happen till pausing was a thing.

Any steps I should take to fix this, for now I have changed my active hours to more when I will be on it at least.
    Malcolm

rvcjew, Nov 16, 2019
Thema:

Update Orchestrator Wakes PC, Won't Return to Sleep

1. Update Orchestrator Wakes PC, Won't Return to Sleep - Similar Threads - Update Orchestrator Wakes

2. Update Orchestrator Service prevent idling PC from sleeping

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Update Orchestrator Service prevent idling PC from sleeping: Windows 10 Pro, 2004 It won't go into sleeping mode after idling time set in the power plan. I have been trying to find out what happens. One time I notice this service I think it showed up in powercfg /lastwake. I run Update and made all is up to date. Then let the PC...
  3. Computer waking up from sleep then not returning to sleep.

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Computer waking up from sleep then not returning to sleep.: So after my resent upgrade/reset due to corrupt system files my computer has started waking up from sleep again during the night. This was a problem before, but I somehow solved it, pretty sure the problem was the computer didn't actually go to sleep. Instead, it entered some...
  4. Computer waking up due to Update Orchestrator

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Computer waking up due to Update Orchestrator: For over a year my PC wakes up on its own if I put it to sleep, I finally got sick of it and looked around to find out why. I ended up finding out how its been waking it self up by checking the "Event Viewer." It told me that the service "Windows Update Orchestrator" powered...
  5. PC Won't Wake from Sleep

PC Won't Wake from Sleep: Hiya, For the last few months at least (can't remember when it started), after putting my computer to sleep, or it happening by itself, it doesn't wake up again. When asleep, the light flashes as it should, but when I press the power button/keyboard, the fans spin up to...
  6. Computer waking up from sleep then not returning to sleep.

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Computer waking up from sleep then not returning to sleep.: So after my resent upgrade/reset due to corrupt system files my computer has started waking up from sleep again during the night. This was a problem before, but I somehow solved it, pretty sure the problem was the computer didn't actually go to sleep. Instead, it entered some...
  7. Update Orchestrator Service is preventing my PC from sleeping

Update Orchestrator Service is preventing my PC from sleeping: Disabling and stopping this service allows the PC to sleep. Is this a known issue? any fix other than disabling it? This happened after upgrading to 1903. Should've stayed at 1809. submitted by /u/potatodos [link] [comments]...
  8. Update Orchestrator keeps waking pc

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Update Orchestrator keeps waking pc: So in the middle of the night my pc decided that it was time to wake up and install some updates. My pc is half a meter from my head and filled with loud fans and RGB, so of course I woke up immediately... How can I stop Windows Updates from waking up my pc? I regularly (but...
  9. Updates are paused but Update Orchestrator keeps waking PC.

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    Updates are paused but Update Orchestrator keeps waking PC.: I normally do updates every few days but so it does not inconvenience me I do them then set them to be paused so the PC which is in my bedroom does not wake me at night. For the past few days even though its paused Update Orchestrator is waking my pc, but why? Should it not...
  10. PC Won't Wake From Sleep

in Windows 10 Support
    PC Won't Wake From Sleep: Las two weeks, when I hit any key or mouse, PC will not wake from sleep shows black monitor but its green light is on. Have turn pc off and restart which starts without any problems. I 89834

Users found this page by searching for:

1. windows will execute nt task\microsoft\windows\updateorchestrator\universal orchestrator start scheduled task that requested waking the computer.

2. powercfg lastwake update orchestrator

3. update orchestrator wakes computer

4. update orchestrator waking pc,
  5. updateorchestrator wake timer,
  6. universal orchestrator start not returning to sleep,
  7. windows update doesnt return to sleep,
  8. can update orchestrator service cause computer not to sleep