Windows 10: Update order issue? (Broken update)

Discus and support Update order issue? (Broken update) in Windows 10 Ask Insider to solve the problem; Is the 20H2 update required previous to "2021-02 Cumulative Update for Windows 10 Version 2004 for x64-based Systems (KB4601319)"? I've been struggling... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Ask Insider' started by /u/Deplooshka, Feb 27, 2021.

1. Update order issue? (Broken update)

Is the 20H2 update required previous to "2021-02 Cumulative Update for Windows 10 Version 2004 for x64-based Systems (KB4601319)"? I've been struggling with the latter update failing, however 20H2 wants to install after. Not sure whats going on, only sorta tech savy.

submitted by /u/Deplooshka
    [link] [comments]

:)

/u/Deplooshka, Feb 27, 2021
  2. btarunr Win User

Intel Readies P55 Chipset B3 Stepping Update

Intel's is readying a hardware update for its P55 Express chipset, currently the only core-logic for the company's brand new socket LGA-1156 processor platform. The new B3 stepping of the P55 PCH will bring with it a little more than new MM number and S-spec numbers. A list of changes is as follows:
    • New MM number and S-spec numbers for the converted products;
    • Firmware and minor BIOS updates are required with the conversion;
    • Processor MRC/microcode update required to enable future processors;
    • Recommended storage driver upgrade from Intel MSM 8.9 to Intel RST 9.5.
    Although it is listed that the MRC update enables 'future processors', Intel, in a statement issued to X-bit labs assured that the current B2 stepping of the chipset (found on current socket LGA-1156 motherboards) does not leave out support for any of Intel's new LGA-1156 processors that are slated for release in the very near future. The dual-core "Clarkale" 32 nm processor will be supported by both B2 and B3 steppings of the chipset.

P55 B3 stepping is pin-identical to P55 B2, and hence motherboard vendors will not have to come up with new designs. Sampling of the new stepping began as early as on October 02, 2009, and it is scheduled for shipment to manufacturers by the 7th of December, 2009. P55 is the performance core-logic for the LGA-1156 platform. It supports Core i5 and Core i7 "Lynnfield" processors with discrete graphics.

Source: X-bit labs

btarunr, Feb 27, 2021
  3. Pipps Win User
    Is my graphics card broken?

UPDATE: Please see here.

I have a Sapphire HD 4830.

When I boot into XP all is initially fine and I am able to see the desktop.

However, when I click on the start bar and navigate a few steps, I receive an immediate white screen of death and a total irrecoverable lock-up.

I am confused about what this could mean and I would be grateful for any suggestions on the best course of action to test and repair the problem.

Does this sort of issue suggest that the graphics card is irretrievably broken?

Pipps, Feb 27, 2021
  4. user33331 Win User

Update order issue? (Broken update)

Win10: windows update stuck at never ending loop ?

When in win10:
    • Update&security -> Windows update -> Finding update... .... .... ....
    Planning to download the latest Win10.ISO (vers.1803) and manually update:
    - Then wait that my ordered new SSD arrives and clone the old HDD to it.

user33331, Feb 27, 2021
Thema:

Update order issue? (Broken update)

1. Update order issue? (Broken update) - Similar Threads - Update order issue

2. windows update broken

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    windows update broken: When logging out of my laptop i was prompted to update so i updated as usual and after I did so my desktop started looking like this. It seems my laptop updated from windows 10 to 11 however it is quite buggy , I cannot access the windows tab or settings as you can see from...
  3. Is the update catalog broken?

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Is the update catalog broken?: I'm trying to install the Xbox One USB adapter on Windows 10. I have Windows Updates disabled because 22H2 breaks most of my programs. I reinstalled Windows close to 20 times in the last week to narrow it down and determine that if 22H2 is installed, I can't launch Cura,...
  4. Windows Update Broken

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows Update Broken: My Windows Update is not working at all. When I check for updates, it constantly loads and loads. I've tried troubleshooting in the Windows Update category but that too keeps loading and saying checking for pending restart. I've also tried to restart the Windows Update...
  5. Windows Update Broken

Windows Update Broken: My Windows Update is not working at all. When I check for updates, it constantly loads and loads. I've tried troubleshooting in the Windows Update category but that too keeps loading and saying checking for pending restart. I've also tried to restart the Windows Update...
  6. windows update is broken

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    windows update is broken: Windows Update has been broken since trying to install KB5003173. When doing updates, the PC does its preliminary stuff, shuts down and reboots. Upon reboot, I see the Windows icon, and spinning balls. The icon disappears, but the spinning balls continue forever. To get the...
  7. Is updating broken?

Is updating broken?: I have been trying to update for a couple of days.Originally, I got the "Windows Update Failed" error Error code: 0x80070003Tried a few times, and as of right now, my Windows Update page says "You're up to date".However, under history, Feature updates, it says:Feature update...
  8. Windows Update broken

Windows Update broken: windows update keeps on disabling itself in services straight after I enable it. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/windows-update-broken/857d6416-cdeb-4355-b2e0-5ff5c8d2649e
  9. Netflix My List - Broken Order

Netflix My List - Broken Order: Using Win 10 Pro 10.0.19041 The Netflix "My List" feature has been broken for quite a long time now. Although it lists everything I put into it all new additions go to the bottom of the list (where all the old items are). Using the "Move to Top" option moves the entry to the...
  10. Update broken

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Update broken: Hey all, I have been trying to update my computer (Windows 10) to the newest version in order to be able to download the xbox games pass app. When updating, it verifies everything and begins installation but once it hits 71% every time it suddenly freezes my entire PC. I...