Windows 10: Update OS on Old Laptop (will it take?)

Discus and support Update OS on Old Laptop (will it take?) in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; my mother had/has an old dell laptop, a studio 1737, Dell Service Tag#: 2TXW6K1. IT has windows vista, and my father wants me to do some maintenance on... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by BrokenDaily, Sep 25, 2018.

1. Update OS on Old Laptop (will it take?)

my mother had/has an old dell laptop, a studio 1737, Dell Service Tag#: 2TXW6K1. IT has windows vista, and my father wants me to do some maintenance on it, possibly send it to her in new york so she can do more than what she could do on her iPad. Since it has an old OS, i'm thinking/hoping I can update it to either windows 7, 8.1, or 10 (Home Version only, no ultimate or pro variants), but I don't know about 8.1 or 10

From what I saw on its drivers & downloads page, i can choose between 32-bit/64-bit vista, or windows 7 64-bit, so I guess I can update it to windows 7 (unless it fails the hardware requirements to do so), but I don't know if the hardware it has is good enough to support windows 8.1, or even windows 10, and I would like to know if it can upgrade higher than 7. It won't be a problem if it can't, as I might put linux on it and replace the old HP laptop I have that is being a lot of things I can't mention on tenforums without getting banned; Besides the laptop's dell configuration page, attachment with laptop specs as follows (thanks speccy); reply wen able, and thank you all for doing so

:)

BrokenDaily, Sep 25, 2018
  2. Nordic Win User

What to do with old laptop

If you actually read the thread it is a spare old laptop.

Nordic, Sep 25, 2018
  3. HAT
    hat Win User
    Cleaning off a Mac Laptop

cleaning it?

Step 1: buy about a half gallon of gasoline.

Step 2: douse laptop in gasoline.

Step 3: toss a burning match onto laptop.

Step 4: watch the fire clense your laptop.

4. n-ster Win User

Update OS on Old Laptop (will it take?)

n-ster, Sep 25, 2018
Thema:

Update OS on Old Laptop (will it take?)

1. Update OS on Old Laptop (will it take?) - Similar Threads - Update Old Laptop

2. Windows OS for VERY OLD laptop

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows OS for VERY OLD laptop: I have been given a pristine Acer Aspire One zg5 which has an Atom 230 cpu, 1596MHz 120G SATA2 Hitachi HDD and 1G of RAM.I'm looking for a minimal Windows type OS to run on it.I've tried Debian 11.6 32 bit and it runs no it WALKS. Its just TOO slow.However I get a stop error...
  3. Windows OS for VERY OLD laptop

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Windows OS for VERY OLD laptop: I have been given a pristine Acer Aspire One zg5 which has an Atom 230 cpu, 1596MHz 120G SATA2 Hitachi HDD and 1G of RAM.I'm looking for a minimal Windows type OS to run on it.I've tried Debian 11.6 32 bit and it runs no it WALKS. Its just TOO slow.However I get a stop error...
  4. Updating old Laptop !

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Updating old Laptop !: Good morning, I was trying to help a friend yesterday revive a old laptop over the phone. The laptop as not been used for maybe 2/3 years and was given to my friend. I told her to do a clean install of Windows 10 and to create a Microsoft account which she did. I actually...
  5. Updating old Laptop !

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Updating old Laptop !: Good morning, I was trying to help a friend yesterday revive a old laptop over the phone. The laptop as not been used for maybe 2/3 years and was given to my friend. I told her to do a clean install of Windows 10 and to create a Microsoft account which she did. I actually...
  6. Updating old Laptop !

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
  7. Old laptop not updating

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    Old laptop not updating: I have an old spare laptop with 1903 version. Thought I'd charge it up and see about updating it. It found 4 updates that have been downloading now for several hours with all 4 Status: Downloading - 0%. Is this typical? Is there any way I can speed this up? 167010
  8. Old laptop not updating

in Windows 10 Support
    Old laptop not updating: I have an old spare laptop with 1903 version. Thought I'd charge it up and see about updating it. It found 4 updates that have been downloading now for several hours with all 4 Status: Downloading - 0%. Is this typical? Is there any way I can speed this up? 167010
  9. Old OS's

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Old OS's: How could I remove windows 7 having installed v.1803-17134-1130 of Windows 10 Pro? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/old-oss/36ad5ec3-a292-459c-978c-76c8ca21d16f"
  10. Updates on old laptop

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Updates on old laptop: I have an old Gateway laptop computer, see specification below, that I still use as a reserve machine having suffered multiple problems with Windows 10 on my everyday machine. Those problems thankfully now seem to have been sorted out. I appreciate that W10 strains the...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. how to update os on old laptop cheaply