Windows 10: Update over ethernet??? We'll download the updates as soon as you connect to Wi-Fi.

Discus and support Update over ethernet??? We'll download the updates as soon as you connect to Wi-Fi. in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; ****... I am connected to Gigabit ethernet internet via ethernet of course... I have never seen this message We'll download the updates as soon... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by captclearleft, Jan 21, 2021.

1. Update over ethernet??? We'll download the updates as soon as you connect to Wi-Fi.

I am connected to Gigabit ethernet internet via ethernet of course...

I have never seen this message We'll download the updates as soon as you connect to Wi-Fi. when attempting to update Windows 10.... After doing some research - I could not find a thread that had an actual reason why this was happening... So I just pulled the plug and connected to my wifi and it immediately started downloading. WHAT A JOKE Microsoft...

Has anyone else seen this, or know why this happened...

Thanks

KB4598242

:)

captclearleft, Jan 21, 2021
  2. allant51 Win User

wi fi connection

After windows 1903 update I don't have any wi fi connection or icon showing and have tried many suggestions on how to get it, but none have worked.

Can you provide a step by step instruction on how to get wi fi icon and network.

allant51, Jan 21, 2021
  3. Warrgarbl Win User
    Wi-Fi losing connection on large downloads

I have a laptop here which loses it's Wi-Fi connection during long downloads. Pinging for hours on end is no problem, but as soon as I try to download something large Windows claims that I have no internet access and it can't reach the gateway anymore.

The adapter is configured via DHCP and the lease is correct and remains through the connection loss. Replacing the Wi-Fi adapter, the motherboard or the inbuilt antennas does nothing, as does using a fresh Windows install on a test HDD.

I am quite at a loss here. Do you guys have any idea what other cause this could have?

Warrgarbl, Jan 21, 2021
  4. lasot Win User

Update over ethernet??? We'll download the updates as soon as you connect to Wi-Fi.

How to indicate wi-fi connection on taskbar/desktop with ethernet on

Using 'Select which icons appear...' I'm only able to toggle this one network icon. And it switches from wired to wireless, depending on whether the ethernet cable is plugged in.

Of course, the info is there, I just got used to not having to click on the icon. I always just looked at the corner of the screen every few minutes to make sure the wi-fi was still connected and ready in case my wired connection failed.

It's just strange for me that in the same scenario (ethernet connection + wi-fi active), Windows 7 would show the wireless icon (and it wasn't possible to change it either AFAIK), and Windows 10 shows the other one *sarc

Oh well, it's not the end of the world if it's impossible to change it, but any other suggestions on how to display the wi-fi state on the taskbar (or desktop) are still welcome.

lasot, Jan 21, 2021
Thema:

Update over ethernet??? We'll download the updates as soon as you connect to Wi-Fi.

1. Update over ethernet??? We'll download the updates as soon as you connect to Wi-Fi. - Similar Threads - Update ethernet We'll

2. Cannot connect to Wi-Fi or Ethernet after latest update

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Cannot connect to Wi-Fi or Ethernet after latest update: Hi,As stated on the title, after I've installed the latest windows update November, it will not detect my ethernet or wi-fi. I'd try troubleshooting, and it found issues on the network adapter driver, the thing is, i already checked and updated all my drivers to the latest...
  3. Cannot connect to Wi-Fi or Ethernet after latest update

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Cannot connect to Wi-Fi or Ethernet after latest update: Hi,As stated on the title, after I've installed the latest windows update November, it will not detect my ethernet or wi-fi. I'd try troubleshooting, and it found issues on the network adapter driver, the thing is, i already checked and updated all my drivers to the latest...
  4. Cannot connect to Wi-Fi or Ethernet after latest update

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
  5. Wi-Fi masquerading as an Ethernet Connection?

Wi-Fi masquerading as an Ethernet Connection?: Hi all, Newbie here. After new PC arrived and was through all the setup, I ended up with an ethernet connection that appears to be named after one of my Wi-Fi connections. Everything works fine, but I would like to know how to fix/change this. Attaching a pic. Red arrow...
  6. Ethernet connected but not Wi-Fi

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Ethernet connected but not Wi-Fi: Hi there I have an Ethernet cable attached to my PC but also want the Wi-Fi connected too as a back etc. but every time I Connect to Wi-Fi it says unable to connect to network. Now the Ethernet is connected no problem and my wife's computer is connected to Wi-Fi no issues,...
  7. No wi-fi/ethernet cable connection

No wi-fi/ethernet cable connection: Hello, since around 2PM today May, 2nd I have been unable to connect to my home wi-fi or directly use the ethernet cable it has in order to access the internet on my laptop using my work laptop to write this. My laptop is an ASUS TUF gaming fx705DU with Windows 10 Pro, if...
  8. Prefer Wi-Fi over Ethernet

Prefer Wi-Fi over Ethernet: Situation: My PC is connected to a switch via Ethernet. Recently I bought a Wi-Fi card Asus PCE-AC56. I get a gigabit connection to the switch, but the wired connection to the switch is just 25Mbit because of crappy DLAN. With Wi-Fi I get the full 100Mbit over 5Ghz....
  9. Using Wi-Fi. Need to share this connection over ethernet.

Using Wi-Fi. Need to share this connection over ethernet.: NOTE: I do not have physical access to the modem/router that broadcasts the WI-FI I am using. The laptop I am using is connected to the internet over wi-fi. I have a PC that does not have wi-fi capability. I have a switch so I can connect my laptop to the PC over ethernet....
  10. Spring Update Wi/Fi & Ethernet concern

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    Spring Update Wi/Fi & Ethernet concern: Temporary removal of pagefile.sys is a new one for me.... It's a personal suggestion, something I do when I want to make a system image. The built-in system imaging (stupidly) includes pagefile.sys and hiberfil.sys in the system image. As pagefile.sys is typically the same...