Windows 10: Update Policies - Managed by a fictitious organisation!

Discus and support Update Policies - Managed by a fictitious organisation! in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; After what seems to be yet another flawed Windows Update, I seem to have gained 'Some settings are managed by your organisation' for Update Policies... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by jabuk---01, Apr 27, 2021.

1. Update Policies - Managed by a fictitious organisation!

After what seems to be yet another flawed Windows Update, I seem to have gained 'Some settings are managed by your organisation' for Update Policies that have changed my Windows Update operations. Not set by me as I do not belong to any 'Organisation' or on anyone's Corporate Intra-net.Trawling through the vast and expansive Windows Help systems leads me to find that I should spend some time and change settings in the Group Policy Editor. Oh, just great. Another little Windows nugget to mess up,, right?Here is the thing that is really annoying. There are hundreds maybe thousands complaining

:)

jabuk---01, Apr 27, 2021

2. "Some settings are hidden or managed by your organisation"

I'm getting "Some settings are hidden or managed by your organisation" in yellow color for the following setting sections in windows 10.

System:

Notification & actions, Multitasking

Personalization:

Lock Screen, Start

Privacy

General

I tried following suggestions to fix the problem.

1. Reset my PC using windows advanced startup option.
    2. follow all the solutions which are mentioned in here. link
    3. Change Diagnostics & feedback to Full.
    4. Reset group-policies for default. link
    5. Restore windows

Please kindly suggest a solution to fix this problem.

NadeeshaniWilliam, Apr 27, 2021
  3. KevinDark Win User
    Update Policy Through Windows Insider Program, Even Though I've Left The Program

Yes, to both of those questions...

It says, "*some settings are managed by your organisation".

Reasons why it might say this...

• Your organisation has set some policies to manage updates
    • You have opted in for the Windows Insider Programme

I'm not in an organisation, I'm just an individual

I've left the programme weeks ago

KevinDark, Apr 27, 2021
  4. Jackal Win User

Update Policies - Managed by a fictitious organisation!

Some settings are managed by your organisation.

Hi there
    I got issue at customer where no-one can change the "set time automatically"feature to be disabled on Win 10 1511.If they change dates it jumps back by itself.Does anyone know how to disable this from happening if it says "Some settings are managed by your organisation "and greyed out

I need maybe the gpedit steps to do this or registry key to change.It never happened to Win 7 pc's in domain.I did try changing group policy in domain server but still the same

Jackal, Apr 27, 2021
Thema:

Update Policies - Managed by a fictitious organisation!

1. Update Policies - Managed by a fictitious organisation! - Similar Threads - Update Policies Managed

2. Managed by your organisation

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Managed by your organisation: Hi all,Quite frankly sick & tired of seeing this comment in outlook ms office, chrome and now when trying to link my phone.It is disabling any ability to make changes.I don't have an 'organisation'. I have a stand alone HOME pc, and despite asking multiple times in the past,...
  3. Managed by your organisation

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Managed by your organisation: Hi all,Quite frankly sick & tired of seeing this comment in outlook ms office, chrome and now when trying to link my phone.It is disabling any ability to make changes.I don't have an 'organisation'. I have a stand alone HOME pc, and despite asking multiple times in the past,...
  4. Managed by your organisation

in Windows 10 Customization
  5. Settings are hidden or managed by organisation

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Settings are hidden or managed by organisation: In my privacy settings and other places too some settings are grayed out and i cannot control them, and on the top it says "*some of these settings are hidden or managed by your organisation"one of these settings is setting up a pin with windows hello and it's very...
  6. Settings are hidden or managed by organisation

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Settings are hidden or managed by organisation: In my privacy settings and other places too some settings are grayed out and i cannot control them, and on the top it says "*some of these settings are hidden or managed by your organisation"one of these settings is setting up a pin with windows hello and it's very...
  7. Can't remove my Organisation's policies

in Windows 10 Support
    Can't remove my Organisation's policies: So I have been having trouble removing my organisation's policies after I needed to access my work email from home. I am using Windows 10 Home on my personal PC and downloaded gpedit.msc to try overwrite their policies. I am trying to set my pin back to being 4 digits and I...
  8. Setting Managed by Organisation

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Setting Managed by Organisation: I was given a laptop by my mom which was given to her by the company she used to work for. The company heavily restricted settings on the laptop, for example, I can't change the User information to my name, Windows account or even set a new password. I'm using a Dell laptop...
  9. Settings managed by organisation!!!!!

Settings managed by organisation!!!!!: [ATTACH] What is this setting even in MS edge I'm seeing this ... how to fix it. i have windows 10 home https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/settings-managed-by-organisation/69c8dc31-a2db-4661-9962-5669e4424231
  10. Windows Update Settings Managed by Organisation

Windows Update Settings Managed by Organisation: Hi folks, I'm at the end of my rope here. When I go to Windows Update settings, it shows that "Some settings are managed by your organisation". When I check the configured update policies, it shows there's a bunch of "Mobile Device Management" type policies set by...