Windows 10: Update problem(can't enable in admin tools)

Discus and support Update problem(can't enable in admin tools) in Windows 10 Updates and Activation to solve the problem; So frustrated with this issue. I disabled Windows Update a long time ago once I first got Windows 10. Now I want to install updates and what not for... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Updates and Activation' started by DchromE, Sep 4, 2016.

1. DchromE Win User

Update problem(can't enable in admin tools)

So frustrated with this issue. I disabled Windows Update a long time ago once I first got Windows 10. Now I want to install updates and what not for stability and I can't enable Windows Update in the services menu under Admin tools. Anybody can help me with this? It's enabled in group editor but admin tools won't allow me to change it. Help :/
    Update problem(can't enable in admin tools) [​IMG]

:)

DchromE, Sep 4, 2016

2. Windows cannot setup homegroups on tis computer

I have tried everything I have seen posted including going into admin tools/services and enable everything associated. I didn't have this problem until updating to windows 10.

Cartoonman63, Sep 4, 2016
  3. Windows 10 comulative update KB3156421 fails to install, error code: 0x80073701

If I run the tool normally then can't detect any problems, however, if I run it as an admin then it fixes something and says "windows update components must be repaired" and said it's fixed. I tried updating again through windows update but I still get
    the same error. Also, if I run the tool AGAIN as an admin it will fix the same thing again and do nothing.

TessellatedGuy, Sep 4, 2016
  4. DchromE Win User

Disregard. I found a .bat file to reset windows update completely and was able to start the process. Thanks

DchromE, Sep 4, 2016
Thema:

1. Update problem(can't enable in admin tools) - Similar Threads - Update problem can't

2. Enabled admin rights

in Windows 10 Customization
    Enabled admin rights: I have a ssd and had I my pc and I wanted to move files from the ssd to hdd I looked it up and turns out I needed to enable all admim right, so that I did but after following the steps I restarted my pc and when I opened it, a other user pops up and I need to put my user and...
  3. admin tools

in Windows 10 Support
    admin tools: I am on Insider 19613 and I would like to know where the admin tools are and also can they be pinned to the task bar. Thanks 155008
  4. Why can't the media creation tool check for admin on startup

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Why can't the media creation tool check for admin on startup: I normally login as a non admin user. When I use the media creation tool, it asks for admin rights so I grant that. Then it chugs away for almost 3 minutes and goes through a series of questions which get answered. I am just creating an image on a USB stick. Then it says...
  5. Snipping Tool re-enabled after January updates

Snipping Tool re-enabled after January updates: We have Snipping Tool disabled by GPO but after applying the January updates, users are able to launch snipping tool. Why??? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/snipping-tool-re-enabled-after-january-updates/653cef50-95ec-46f1-aa99-50e0ebb8cdb6
  6. Locked screen and admin tools.

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Locked screen and admin tools.: Question: Why is it that when someone is logged in and the PC is locked that the admins on the PC can't log the person out to be able to let someone else use the pc?...
  7. This tool can't update your PC

This tool can't update your PC: It sats "The language or edition of Windows currently installed on your PC isn't supported by this tool", I made sure to have updated Win 10, but I believe the cause most likely could be me using non-genuine Win 10 Enterprise...
  8. Can't enable Admin. account

in User Accounts and Family Safety
    Can't enable Admin. account: I am trying to enable the administrator account in Windows 10 Pro but without much luck. Whatever option I try I am left with a request asking me for an 'admin username and password', which I don't have, but the only active box available is for 'No' anyway. If I use the...
  9. Admin tools problem for WindowsUpdate *please help*

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    Admin tools problem for WindowsUpdate *please help*: So frustrated with this issue. I disabled Windows Update a long time ago once I first got Windows 10. Now I want to install updates and what not for stability and I can't enable Windows Update in the services menu under Admin tools. Anybody can help me with this? It's enabled...
  10. Can not open Admin Tools and Defender in Admin account

in Windows 10 Support
    Can not open Admin Tools and Defender in Admin account: Hi I tried to fix error message in Settings - Windows Update where it is saying in red fonts: Your insider preview build settings need attention. Go to Windows Insider Program to fix issue. It showed up right after I visit Windows Insider Program in Settings. I have never...