Windows 10: Update problem with password

Discus and support Update problem with password in Windows 10 Ask Insider to solve the problem; I updated when I went to shut down my PC friday night and now my password doesn't work. I've tried safe mode but nothing. I didn't have myself set up... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Ask Insider' started by /u/snoogins355, Jan 19, 2020.

1. Update problem with password

I updated when I went to shut down my PC friday night and now my password doesn't work. I've tried safe mode but nothing. I didn't have myself set up as administrator because I used windows 10 education edition. I'm blocked out of my computer! Reset everything doesn't even work! Please help! I'm ready to buy windows 10 again and a new ssd.

submitted by /u/snoogins355
    [link] [comments]

:)

/u/snoogins355, Jan 19, 2020

2. OK, Password problem...Mint

Linux Mint - Community
    You can reset your password following the next steps:

• Reboot your computer / Turn your computer on.
    • Hold down the Shift key at the start of the boot process to enable the GNU GRUB boot menu (if it does not show)
    • Press ESC at the GNU GRUB prompt.
    • Press e for edit.
    • Use the Arrow keys to highlight the line that begins with kernel and press the e key.
    • Go to the very end of the line and add rw init=/bin/bash
    • Press Enter and then press b to boot your system.
    • Your system will boot up to a passwordless root shell.
    • Type in passwd yourusername
    • Set your new password.
    • Restart your system.

ChevyOwner, Jan 19, 2020
  3. Namslas90 Win User
    admin password?

You can reset the Admin Password using Windows XP repair; See Here for step by step.

*Toast :toast:

Namslas90, Jan 19, 2020
  4. Update problem with password

MW2 Problem

I think the game is booting, then Steam is trying to boot, but is hanging during the login process, hell it may be sitting there wait for you to enter your password.

Try this, turn Steam On and log in. Click on the game listed in the "My Games" tab to start MW2 and see if the problem continues. If that does not work, you have 2 other suggestions above.

TheLaughingMan, Jan 19, 2020
Thema:

Update problem with password

1. Update problem with password - Similar Threads - Update problem password

2. Password problem

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Password problem: Split from this thread. Hello,I have a user who doesn't know what their Primary Password is for Edge they tried their AD password, but that did not work. While I see an option to change the password, that requires him knowing the password to begin with.How can I reset his...
  3. Password problem

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Password problem: Split from this thread. Hello,I have a user who doesn't know what their Primary Password is for Edge they tried their AD password, but that did not work. While I see an option to change the password, that requires him knowing the password to begin with.How can I reset his...
  4. Problem with password after updates

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Problem with password after updates: after update passwords don't work email account dropped unable to use lastpass. How do I fix and prevent this from happening again? It happens every time there is a large update. [Original Title: updates]...
  5. Password problem after windows update

in Windows Hello & Lockscreen
    Password problem after windows update: Please I need assistance on how to recover my admin password or reset my password. Due to the fact that I can't log into my computer after my windows update....
  6. password problems

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    password problems: Hi, I forgot my computer's password and I watched a video on how to reset it but it is saying "Additional free space is needed on the drive where Windows is installed. Free up some space and try again." now I don't know what to do in this situation. My computer is windows...
  7. Update problem with password

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Update problem with password: I updated when I went to shut down my PC friday night and now my password doesn't work. I've tried safe mode but nothing. I didn't have myself set up as administrator because I used windows 10 education edition. I'm blocked out of my computer! Reset everything doesn't even...
  8. Password problems

in Windows 10 Customization
    Password problems: I recently changed my password for my account. However I can sign into the Microsoft community with it BUT cannot sign into my laptop with it. I'm given a hint which relates to an old forgotten password. Why is this and what has happened? Fortunately I have an image...
  9. problems with password

in User Accounts and Family Safety
    problems with password: why did it take so long for me to get the laptop up and running? I typed in my password and it just sat there and did nothing, so i left and tried again later, it did come on last night but this morning it told me my password was wrong, i did change it 1 month ago but it just...
  10. Password problems

in User Accounts and Family Safety
    Password problems: I try logging on to my computer and when I put my password in it tells me I am incorrect. I can log onto all my other computers with the same password. I am system administrator and cannot get into repair anything because it says my password is wrong. I cannot get into my...