Windows 10: Update question

Discus and support Update question in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; Yesterday Windows requested to do an update. I said yes. This was not a normally scheduled update. This was on a Samsung Utrabook PC. After... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by mobile1, Sep 24, 2016.

1. mobile1 Win User

Update question

Yesterday Windows requested to do an update. I said yes.

This was not a normally scheduled update.

This was on a Samsung Utrabook PC.

After the update it would not accept my password.

It forced me to use my password for my Microsoft Outlook email account.

It rearranged my screen substantially.

Why did this happen?

:)

mobile1, Sep 24, 2016

2. Windows 10 retail license key

I've been looking into possibly getting Windows 10. I found retail license keys being sold on eBay for extremely cheap (under $15). It
    seems like there would have to be some issue with these. However, I'm not sure what the problem could be. I've been doing some research. If I understand correctly, if it's retail then it cannot be OEM. Also, if it's retail, I understand it cannot be
    a volume license key. From what I understand, it cannot be MSDN, either. If it were simply pirated, then I don't see how it could be activated as they claim it can be. What am I missing? FWIW, it comes from Europe, but claims to be valid worldwide.

(Not linking to the eBay sale as I don't want to "promote" it if there is an issue with it. But what can you suggest to me based on the little info available?)

Edit: A possibility... could it potentially be resold to other parties and activated by them, but then if I reinstall (when enough activations have been done), I will be unable to reactivate again?

(Question), Sep 24, 2016
  3. ipv6 network loss( keeps disconnecting and when i repair says network protocal missing

ipv6 network loss( keeps disconnecting and when i repair says network protocol missing, but under property's it shows ipv 6 checked

Perfect Question, Sep 24, 2016
Thema:

Update question

1. Update question - Similar Threads - Update question

2. Questions About the Upcoming April 9th Secure Boot Update

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Questions About the Upcoming April 9th Secure Boot Update: I only just learned that the next wave of mitigations for CVE-2023-24932 are coming out tomorrow/April 9th, and that this update will be applied automatically by Windows Updatewill this be its own update, or will it be included in the Cumulative Update for...
  3. Questions About the Upcoming April 9th Secure Boot Update

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Questions About the Upcoming April 9th Secure Boot Update: I only just learned that the next wave of mitigations for CVE-2023-24932 are coming out tomorrow/April 9th, and that this update will be applied automatically by Windows Updatewill this be its own update, or will it be included in the Cumulative Update for...
  4. Questions About the Upcoming April 9th Secure Boot Update

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. Question Regarding Win 11 update

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Question Regarding Win 11 update: Hello,I recently mistakenly opted for the free upgrade to Windows 11 by clicking "yes". However, I haven't proceeded with the update as I didn't want it in the first place. Now, I find myself constantly prompted to restart my computer and update to Windows 11, version 22H2,...
  6. Question Regarding Win 11 update

Question Regarding Win 11 update: Hello,I recently mistakenly opted for the free upgrade to Windows 11 by clicking "yes". However, I haven't proceeded with the update as I didn't want it in the first place. Now, I find myself constantly prompted to restart my computer and update to Windows 11, version 22H2,...
  7. Question Regarding Win 11 update

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
  8. I'm trying to update financial information by answering questions

I'm trying to update financial information by answering questions: I'm trying to update financial information for barclays credit card ... https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/im-trying-to-update-financial-information-by/7abd780f-9144-4230-a672-6222bb748608
  9. I'm trying to update financial information by answering questions

in Windows 10 Customization
    I'm trying to update financial information by answering questions: I'm trying to update financial information for barclays credit card ... https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/im-trying-to-update-financial-information-by/7abd780f-9144-4230-a672-6222bb748608
  10. I'm trying to update financial information by answering questions

in Windows 10 Gaming