Windows 10: Update question

Discus and support Update question in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; Yesterday Windows requested to do an update. I said yes. This was not a normally scheduled update. This was on a Samsung Utrabook PC. After... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by mobile1, Sep 24, 2016.

1. mobile1 Win User

Update question

Yesterday Windows requested to do an update. I said yes.

This was not a normally scheduled update.

This was on a Samsung Utrabook PC.

After the update it would not accept my password.

It forced me to use my password for my Microsoft Outlook email account.

It rearranged my screen substantially.

Why did this happen?

:)

mobile1, Sep 24, 2016

2. Windows 10 retail license key

I've been looking into possibly getting Windows 10. I found retail license keys being sold on eBay for extremely cheap (under $15). It
    seems like there would have to be some issue with these. However, I'm not sure what the problem could be. I've been doing some research. If I understand correctly, if it's retail then it cannot be OEM. Also, if it's retail, I understand it cannot be
    a volume license key. From what I understand, it cannot be MSDN, either. If it were simply pirated, then I don't see how it could be activated as they claim it can be. What am I missing? FWIW, it comes from Europe, but claims to be valid worldwide.

(Not linking to the eBay sale as I don't want to "promote" it if there is an issue with it. But what can you suggest to me based on the little info available?)

Edit: A possibility... could it potentially be resold to other parties and activated by them, but then if I reinstall (when enough activations have been done), I will be unable to reactivate again?

(Question), Sep 24, 2016
  3. ipv6 network loss( keeps disconnecting and when i repair says network protocal missing

ipv6 network loss( keeps disconnecting and when i repair says network protocol missing, but under property's it shows ipv 6 checked

Perfect Question, Sep 24, 2016
Thema:

Update question

1. Update question - Similar Threads - Update question

2. Hypothetical question - BIOS Update Interrupted.

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Hypothetical question - BIOS Update Interrupted.: I heard BIOS updates are the riskiest kind of updates. Let's say I was updating my BIOS then something happens which makes the PC shut down unexpectedly. Will Windows need to be re-installed, or is the computer hosed and need physical maintenance?...
  3. windows update question

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    windows update question: I've just updated this PC and was wondering if there is a way I can check for device drivers without Windows starting to download a lot of large files I don't want at this time? Thanks! *Smile 167788
  4. Quick Window10 2004 to 20H2 update question !

Quick Window10 2004 to 20H2 update question !: Hi Guys I updated to Win10 2004 last friday 23rd from 1909 with no problems , and I'm wanting to know when I will be offered the 20H2 update as its not appearing in Win Update . ( I used disk cleanup to remove Windows.Old thinking it might trigger the update , but no joy ! )...
  5. Question: Will the 2020 October update work on my PC and will it harm my Solid State Drive?

Question: Will the 2020 October update work on my PC and will it harm my Solid State Drive?: Hello! I was looking at my computer and it was refusing to update to the latest version of windows VS. 2009, October update and I scanned many times and it showed the update but refused to update to it. I am on the May update. Someone please tell me how to fix this without...
  6. Windows updates question about 2004 and latest version.

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Windows updates question about 2004 and latest version.: Asus x540, running Pentium and 4GB. Yes I did say she’s still running. I keep noticing that I have: feature update 2004 pending...I started to install and then looked up an article about it not working in some computers. Not sure if I had to reboot to stop it or what...
  7. Question A Windows Update Setting

Question A Windows Update Setting: Good morning. First, I have a Dell laptop with Windows 10 Home, Version 2004. My Windows Updates for October is currently "Paused" for a few more days. This morning when I went to the site there was a new box notice asking if I would like to "adjust my active hours to...
  8. [Question] Small Company Windows Updates

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    [Question] Small Company Windows Updates: Hello togehter I changed my Job to a new company as a IT Allrounder for roundabout 70 Client. Now windows updates on clients are not handelt with WSUS or any GPOs.... My question is now how would you handle this? My idea was that Windows Updates and Upgrades should be...
  9. Question about Samsung display driver update

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Question about Samsung display driver update: Windows update for several months now has failed to install a Samsung display driver on my Asus laptop. It always fails with the same message: Windows Update Error Encountered A current driver on your PC may be better than the driver we're trying to install. We'll keep...
  10. HP 255 G7 Laptop: Optional Update for Battery from Microsoft Question

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    HP 255 G7 Laptop: Optional Update for Battery from Microsoft Question: I have been reading online that there is an optional update for business laptops made by HP (Hewlett-Packard) coming soon for the battery that may cause the batteries to swell. It is an optional update and doesn't require a restart. The update changes a setting for the...