Windows 10: Update reboot scheduling questions

Discus and support Update reboot scheduling questions in Windows 10 Updates and Activation to solve the problem; I have three questions when choosing to schedule a future time for a reboot after windows updates. 1. If you schedule the reboot for two hours from... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Updates and Activation' started by teleute, Dec 2, 2015.

1. teleute Win User

Update reboot scheduling questions

I have three questions when choosing to schedule a future time for a reboot after windows updates.

1. If you schedule the reboot for two hours from now, but you forget and leave your desk and leave files open - does it just do the reboot anyway and non-gracefully pull the plug on the files? I'm guessing so, but...

2. If you schedule the reboot for 2am, but then your computer is asleep at 2am, what happens?

3. If you schedule the reboot for 2am but then shut the computer down before then, does it do everything it needs relating to updates during that shutdown?

:)

teleute, Dec 2, 2015
  2. Huaraz Win User

How can you install updates on a Laptop when you want ( never scheduled )

Sorry that does not address my question. I do not want to schedule Windows Update and I do not want that Windows 10 reboots on its own and wakes up a hibernated Laptop.

I have manually disabled the reboot scheduler, but as soon as I manually run Windows Update and manually reboot it will re-enable the scheduler for a time I do not want as it may wake up my hibernated system.

Markus

Huaraz, Dec 2, 2015
  3. Sleepless Nights

I've followed the steps, fingers crossed.

My only question/concern is that this specific task is for one time only in a few days. Will it get rewritten after the next update schedules a reboot?

TheGreatestAjax, Dec 2, 2015
Thema:

Update reboot scheduling questions

1. Update reboot scheduling questions - Similar Threads - Update reboot scheduling

2. Task Scheduler question

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Task Scheduler question: I am not getting any answers for the Task Scheduler question and I don't think I will ever get it. Do you think re-posting the question will help? I don't know what to do....
  3. Task Scheduler question

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Task Scheduler question: I am not getting any answers for the Task Scheduler question and I don't think I will ever get it. Do you think re-posting the question will help? I don't know what to do....
  4. Task Scheduler and question on authorities

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Task Scheduler and question on authorities: I have a few issues with my new PC - unfortunately HP have not been useful. I have a batch job to robocopy from my D drive to my W drive network connected. The program sits in my C drive Desktop. When I run the batch file directly it works fine. When I put it in Task...
  5. Task Wizard Scheduling question

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Task Wizard Scheduling question: Hi everybody I have set up a scheduled task to shut down my computer every day in the middle of the night while on a Skype call with a significant other. I was wondering, does that damage my laptop in any way because the skype call is still ongoing when the command executes...
  6. Win Task Scheduler noob question

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Win Task Scheduler noob question: Hello, I would like to start a specific sound file (mp3) with the VLC media player at a predefined time. I already managed to tell the Task Scheduler to open the player, but I dont know how to tell him that the sound file should be opened within the player. I tried to enter...
  7. Task Scheduler question.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Task Scheduler question.: I would like to run a helper app when another app is run How do i do this with Task Scheduler? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/task-scheduler-question/b970ab0f-1a97-4526-a547-74e638e07d5c
  8. How to stop a scheduled update from installing after reboot?

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    How to stop a scheduled update from installing after reboot?: After installing an update yesterday and rebooting, my laptop is now stuck at the startup blue page with rotating circledots. Every once in a while the screen flickers as if it is installing a graphics driver, BUT it doesn't make sense to flicker 100+++ times. I've tried...
  9. Task Scheduler Question

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Task Scheduler Question: One of my desktops will not let me schedule a task using my Microsoft Account. Instead, it shows the Desktop account assigned under System Name in System Information. I am signed in with MS Account and it is the ONLY user showing under Control Panel Users, but Task Scheduler...
  10. 2 Task Scheduler questions

in Windows 10 Support
    2 Task Scheduler questions: A shortcut address of Task Scheduler is %windir%\system32\taskschd.msc /s. 1. What does the /s do? 2. How can I make a shortcut to open Task Scheduler to Task Scheduler Library/XUAC (or other subdirectory)? 84328