Windows 10: Update Removed Windows 7 Games

Discus and support Update Removed Windows 7 Games in Windows 10 Gaming to solve the problem; Dell 64 bit Windows 10 laptop. Purchased with 10 installed. Since the model number doesn't mean enough to Dell to put it anywhere on the laptop, I... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Gaming' started by boweasel, Mar 14, 2016.

1. boweasel Win User

Update Removed Windows 7 Games

Dell 64 bit Windows 10 laptop. Purchased with 10 installed. Since the model number doesn't mean enough to Dell to put it anywhere on the laptop, I assume it's no longer important.

Since the old familiar Windows 7 games are not available on W10, we got them off a Windows 7 PC, and made the myriad changes we found online to enable them to work on this laptop.

Last week after Windows performed an update, and I signed in with my password, things were really screwed up. Messages said something about a corrupt app, and that a temporary ID had been created for me. Half the desktop icons were gone. The taskbar, which had IE11 pinned to it, had now reverted back to MS Edge, and the Games icon had disappeared from it.

I immediately restored the machine to what it was before the update, and after it completed, everything seemed back to normal, except for the games, which have disappeared completely, and there is now a blank space on the taskbar for the Windows Store.

Enclosed are some screenshots, most of them regarding todays items in Event Viewer.
    Update Removed Windows 7 Games [​IMG]

:)

boweasel, Mar 14, 2016

2. Windows 10 update has removed windows 7 games and maybe other things too

After this computer dies... it'll be a long time before I buy another Microsoft product... Of course, the traitors at Microsoft may TRY to get our loyalty back... I don't think they can ... This stupid windows 10, turncoat gov't bullying and traitorous
    behavior is the last straw. Microsoft has sold out ... Microsoft is a bully and a traitor.

letta mego, Mar 14, 2016
  3. karl1952 Win User
    Windows 10 update has removed windows 7 games and maybe other things too

What are Microsoft playing at? Bullying their customers in my opinion. I had desktop system made to order in December with Windows 7 upgraded to Windows 10. It worked fine until tonight when a compulsory update (no option to to stop it) took over my
    computer for an hour - no warning it would be this long - then removed the games which came with Windows 7 without warning this would happen. I paid for Windows 7 and this included the games which Microsoft have now STOLEN from me. The so called replacements
    they offer are vastly inferior to the Windows 7 versions. Who the **** do they think they are that they think they can ride rough shod over their customers in this way. If they don't put this right - and there seems to be no way of contacting them directly
    as, like most cowardly companies, they are hiding behind endless lists of FAQs - then I shall never buy any of their products again be they APPS or PCs etc as I shall want nothing more to do with such a high handed company that has so little regard for its
    customers. I may refer this to trading standards on the basis that Microsoft have sold me a product then stolen some of it back - THEFT is exactly the right word.

karl1952, Mar 14, 2016
  4. Berton Win User

I have 3 Dell late-model Inspiron 15R Notebooks and find more information inside the battery compartment or by going to Support | Dell Deutschland and inputting the Service Tag.

I got those games from a link on this page:
    Win 7 Games to Win 8 - Page 5
    I store the file in Downloads and when Win10 screws with the games I just re-install.

Berton, Mar 14, 2016
  5. boweasel Win User
    I appreciate ANY response that I get from these forums, but this is not a GAMING issue. My W7 games disappearing is but a symptom of a more pervasive problem. I didn't post here - I posted in the General Support section and somebody moved it her because my subject mentioned the word 'Games'. I posted a follow-up thread back in General Support with more attachments that hopefully clarify the issues, but that follow-up is threatening to sink without a response to page 3.

boweasel, Apr 5, 2018
Thema:

1. Update Removed Windows 7 Games - Similar Threads - Update Removed Games

2. Install Windows 7 games On Windows 10 {{was: Windows 7 games}}

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Install Windows 7 games On Windows 10 {{was: Windows 7 games}}: How can I install Windows 7 games to Window 10. I want the Spider Solitaire games https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/install-windows-7-games-on-windows-10-was-windows/5e28dbea-15b7-44eb-924a-dbe44448ea81
  3. Install Windows 7 games On Windows 10 {{was: Windows 7 games}}

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Install Windows 7 games On Windows 10 {{was: Windows 7 games}}: How can I install Windows 7 games to Window 10. I want the Spider Solitaire games https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/install-windows-7-games-on-windows-10-was-windows/5e28dbea-15b7-44eb-924a-dbe44448ea81
  4. Windows 7 games

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows 7 games: How can I install Windows 7 games to Window 10. I want the Spider Solitaire games https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/windows-7-games/5e28dbea-15b7-44eb-924a-dbe44448ea81
  5. Windows 7 games

Windows 7 games: How can I install Windows 7 games to Window 10. I want the Spider Solitaire games https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/windows-7-games/5e28dbea-15b7-44eb-924a-dbe44448ea81
  6. Remove Windows 7

in Windows 10 Customization
    Remove Windows 7: When I purchased my HP Pavilion PC it came with Windows 7 pre installed. When I had the opportunity to install Windows 10 I downloaded the free version. Since then I appear to have dual operating systems with two desktops and I can use either of them. I would now like to...
  7. Windows 7 Games

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Windows 7 Games: Hello everyone, could you help me, please? Some years ago I switched from Windows 7 to Windows 10. My father, who is already an old man, loved to play the games that came installed with Windows 7 (Checkers for internet, Solitaire, Spider Solitaire...), but they are no longer...
  8. windows 7 games

in Windows 10 Customization
    windows 7 games: where are windows 7 games :? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/windows-7-games/2b249a64-a728-42c8-a3a1-501a9e2fbc4b
  9. Games from Windows 7

Games from Windows 7: Probably an easy question that may have an easy answer.... BUT.... I recently upgraded from windows 7 to windows 10. My favorite games from W7 no longer work on W10. Is there any "secret" that will make them work? I do not care for the Microsoft Games that come with...
  10. Windows 7 Games

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows 7 Games: Is it possible to download windows 7 games to windows 10 thanks Jerry "*Smile 61751