Windows 10: Update repeatedly tries to install

Discus and support Update repeatedly tries to install in Windows 10 Updates and Activation to solve the problem; I have a problem that Update for Microsoft Office 2010 (KB2881030) 32-Bit Edition tries to install repeatedly, since windows automatically updated on... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Updates and Activation' started by SkydiveDude, Jun 8, 2016.

1. Update repeatedly tries to install

I have a problem that Update for Microsoft Office 2010 (KB2881030) 32-Bit Edition tries to install repeatedly, since windows automatically updated on 8th June.
    I have MS Office 64 bit installed, and the corresponding update has installed correctly for this.

I cannot manually uninstall the update, as it does not appear to have loaded correctly (but why should it, I don't have 32 bit installed).
    I have tried clearing the update history completely, but the problem returns. The same issue has also manifested itself on my wife's desktop as well.

Does anyone have any ideas how to stop this update.

:)

SkydiveDude, Jun 8, 2016

2. Windows Update repeatedly tries to install HP Officejet 5745 all-in-one Null Print update files but they fail every single time.

Hi,

We don't recommend disabling the Device Installation
    Settings but if you must then please follow the steps below.

• Click Start, type System then press
      Enter
    • Click Advanced system settings located on the left-side of the window.
    • Go to Hardware tab and click Device
      Installation
      Settings.
    • Select No to disable the automatic driver download.
    • Click Save Changes then OK to complete.

This change will only affect the driver updates, not security updates.

Let us know how it goes.

Devlin Sco, Jun 8, 2016
  3. lookat Win User
    Windows Update repeatedly tries to install HP Officejet 5745 all-in-one Null Print update files but they fail every single time.

I was told to delete all of the HP printer drivers but why should I bother doing this? The printer works perfectly.

It's just that the Microsoft update continues to try to download and install a specific update that repeatedly fails to install so either I do one thing or the other?

lookat, Jun 8, 2016
  4. pdexie Win User

Update repeatedly tries to install

I have no solution, but exactly the same problem

pdexie, Jun 8, 2016
  5. pdexie Win User
    Thanks, for this time perfect solution

pdexie, Jun 8, 2016
  6. That did the trick, Thanks for the quick resolution slartybart, much appreciated*Smile

SkydiveDude, Apr 5, 2018
Thema:

Update repeatedly tries to install

1. Update repeatedly tries to install - Similar Threads - Update repeatedly tries

2. Win 11 22H2, Windows Update repeatedly trying to install 22H2

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Win 11 22H2, Windows Update repeatedly trying to install 22H2: Win 11 Windows update is set to automatically update. Failed installing the 2022-11 Cumulative Update for Windows 11 Version 22H2 for x64-based Systems KB5020044Failed to install on 06/12/2022 - 0x800f0988It is now repeatedly trying to install Windows 11 version 22H2 asking...
  3. Win 11 22H2, Windows Update repeatedly trying to install 22H2

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Win 11 22H2, Windows Update repeatedly trying to install 22H2: Win 11 Windows update is set to automatically update. Failed installing the 2022-11 Cumulative Update for Windows 11 Version 22H2 for x64-based Systems KB5020044Failed to install on 06/12/2022 - 0x800f0988It is now repeatedly trying to install Windows 11 version 22H2 asking...
  4. Windows 10 installing updates repeatedly

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Windows 10 installing updates repeatedly: Hi. I got two problems at the same time. I have a Windows 10 version 1803. Before, i had this problem where it can't update to anything. Then I had it solved. But, after that another, problem occured. Windows install updates repeatedly and my laptop keeps on restarting. I...
  5. Update trying to install intel driver repeatedly?

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Update trying to install intel driver repeatedly?: On 13th June My update history shows the following update 'installed successfully' Intel Corporation - Display - 26.20.100.7323 However it then has unbeknownst to me been trying to install it again multiple times 35 so far. Each entry in the update history says it has...
  6. Installing Windows 10, repeating updates

Installing Windows 10, repeating updates: [IMG]I recently cleared everything and reinstalled windows 10 on an old computer, but after restarting, i got this screen. I hit okay and it updated, but when i checked on it 20 minutes later, it was on this screen again. I have done this at least 10 times today, and it just...
  7. Update downloads repeatedly but doesn't install

Update downloads repeatedly but doesn't install: I wanted to ask that i had started the new windows 10 update assistant and begin the download . but when the download was done upto 100% then again it started from 0%. i thought there must a mistake and then again after 100% it began from 0% it happened with me and i just...
  8. Update repeatedly trashing installation

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    Update repeatedly trashing installation: Hello folks, as above, I have a laptop which appears to have been stuffed by an update. I have twice reinstalled win10 from usb, along with everything else and then an update has installed and sent me to a blue screen, none of the options on which have worked. It seems I...
  9. Two Windows Updates repeatedly installing!

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    Two Windows Updates repeatedly installing!: Windows 10 10240 Since the middle of November the only Windows Updates that have downloaded are Security Update for Microsoft Office, Word, Excel, Silverlight, Malicious Software Removal Tool and Update for Windows 8.1 forx64-based Systems (KB2990967) and Update for Windows...
  10. windows installer repeatedly tries to install an uninstalled program

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    windows installer repeatedly tries to install an uninstalled program: When running certain programs which were running under windows7 on another computer and are now uninstalled are now attempting to reinstall with windows installer over and over again. It gets interrupted with an error message and then starts all over again. The program...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. windows tries repeatedly to install unsingned drivers