Windows 10: Update restart loop, every, single, morning!!

Discus and support Update restart loop, every, single, morning!! in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; This has been asked previously but the suggested fix of using the "Windows Recovery Environment" DOES NOT WORK! The problem is the update has been... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by Rich_115, Mar 5, 2019.

1. Rich_115 Win User

Update restart loop, every, single, morning!!

This has been asked previously but the suggested fix of using the "Windows Recovery Environment" DOES NOT WORK!

The problem is the update has been automatically downloaded, against my will (like eveything else in Windows 10), and it keeps trying to update. Here are the details...

After Windows 10 automatically downloaded the newest Windows update, my computer is stuck in a restart loop! It gets as far as showing "Attempting to recover installation" and then "Restoring your previous version of Windows" which it eventually does. HOWEVER, because Windows has downloaded the update whenever I turn off my computer, then turn it on again it goes though the whole installation attempt, restart loop thing again.

In simple terms...

Turn off computer (night time), turn on computer(morning), attempts to install update, fails, restores system.

I CAN'T TURN OFF MY COMPUTER AT NIGHT BECAUSE IN THE MORNING I NEED TO WORK AND CAN'T WAIT FOR IT TO GO THROUGH THE WHOLE LOOP AGAIN.

It wouldn't be so bad but Windows 10 has that many background processes running at the time that my HD is constantly whirling away. What is it doing? Mining bitcoin?

Windows 10 represents eveything that is wrong in society, on my next computer I'm going back to Windows 7 which has less bloatware and crap I don't use / need and doesn't try to control my life.

inb4 standard Microsoft system check answer, the ONLY thing I need to know is how to tell my computer it doesn't have an update and to prevent it downloading it again.

:)

Rich_115, Mar 5, 2019

2. Windows 10 restart loop after recent update

Hi Ninmayah,

To resolve your concern about the unending restart loop, we suggest that you follow the

steps
    provided by Eeshwar Kumar.

Let us know how it goes.

Melowin Mar, Mar 5, 2019
  3. Windows 10 restart loop

Hi,

To understand the issue better, I would like to ask some questions:

• What is the make and model of your computer?
    • Do you get any error message?

I suggest you to follow the steps provided by Andre Da Costa from the link provided below and check if it helps.

Windows 10 Restart loop

Hope this helps. Keep us posted on the status for further assistance.

Eeshwar Kumar, Mar 5, 2019
  4. Update restart loop, every, single, morning!!

Windows 10 restart loop

Hi,

As you are experiencing restart loop in Windows 10, I suggest you to follow the steps provided by
    Ramesh.Kumar from the link provided below and check if it helps.

Windows 10 restart loop- can't fix

Keep us posted on the status for further assistance.

Eeshwar Kumar, Mar 5, 2019
Thema:

Update restart loop, every, single, morning!!

1. Update restart loop, every, single, morning!! - Similar Threads - Update restart loop

2. Random BSOD every morning

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Random BSOD every morning: Hi,I have a question, my computer has a fresh install of windows 11 home, every morning it would have a BSOD once or twice in some cases within an hour of each other. Something is causing the crash, i guess it could be a driver and i dont know which one, ive done a memtest...
  3. Random BSOD every morning

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Random BSOD every morning: Hi,I have a question, my computer has a fresh install of windows 11 home, every morning it would have a BSOD once or twice in some cases within an hour of each other. Something is causing the crash, i guess it could be a driver and i dont know which one, ive done a memtest...
  4. Lenovo with Windows 11 Pro restarts every weekday morning

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Lenovo with Windows 11 Pro restarts every weekday morning: I have a lenovo thinkpad for studying. It used to restart automatically every weekday morning, draining the battery by the time I finished work. I checked/changed the power management settings, wake timers and automatic microsoft updates. I even changed or deleted every...
  5. Lenovo with Windows 11 Pro restarts every weekday morning

Lenovo with Windows 11 Pro restarts every weekday morning: I have a lenovo thinkpad for studying. It used to restart automatically every weekday morning, draining the battery by the time I finished work. I checked/changed the power management settings, wake timers and automatic microsoft updates. I even changed or deleted every...
  6. Boot loop every restart

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Boot loop every restart: Hi! I have a new ACER aspire 5 A514-54 ultra thin. Every time I restart my laptop it will boot loop saying "Your device ran into a problem and needs to restart" it will collect error info then restarts and error again.I was only able to boot to windows if I shutdown/force...
  7. Boot loop every restart

Boot loop every restart: Hi! I have a new ACER aspire 5 A514-54 ultra thin. Every time I restart my laptop it will boot loop saying "Your device ran into a problem and needs to restart" it will collect error info then restarts and error again.I was only able to boot to windows if I shutdown/force...
  8. Computer is on every morning?

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Computer is on every morning?: Microsoft Community I have a Lenovo T14 Gen 1 that is running Windows 10, version 2004. I started noticing that my laptop is on every morning. I initially thought that maybe it was getting hung up when shutting it off in the evening but that doesn't seem to be an issue. It...
  9. Windows 10 laptop sleep/restart issues every morning

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Windows 10 laptop sleep/restart issues every morning: As the title states, I've recently been having issues with my Windows 10 Samsung laptop regarding it sleeping and restarting. Basically, when it's in sleep mode with the lid closed, a green light means it's in sleep mode and fully charged, while a red light would mean it's...
  10. Stuck at infinite loop on every restart

in Windows 10 Support
    Stuck at infinite loop on every restart: Hello ! I've made a clean install of windows 10 1809 , and I've also installed all the other updates. But after 2-3 days , I have a strange problem. When I turn off / On my computer everything is ok. But if I restart the Pc , after the windows is loaded , at the middle of...