Windows 10: Update restored to two years ago

Discus and support Update restored to two years ago in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; There was an update when I turned on my laptop. It now has the homescreen from two years ago! My work is gone! Please help!... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by AndrewHallRB, May 5, 2020.

1. Update restored to two years ago

There was an update when I turned on my laptop. It now has the homescreen from two years ago! My work is gone! Please help!

:)

AndrewHallRB, May 5, 2020

2. Windows XP PRO error after restore

System restore is handy when it works like it did for me 2 days ago saving the need to reinstall all of my software as well as windows, id suggest using norton Ghost 12 for an excellent system restore feature.

jocksteeluk, May 5, 2020
  3. topgundcp Win User
    Restoring Windows 10 Image using Macrium Reflect

In addition to the above. Here's my suggestion in step by step.
    I assume you have Macrium Installed in your current HD and already made a backup copy.
    1. Connect your new HD via USB port and boot up.
    2. Run Macrium, click on Restore tab then select the Backup Image that you made to restore
    3. click on "select a different target disk" then select your new HD as destination

Update restored to two years ago [​IMG]
    4. Proceed to restore then Shutdown and disconnect the old HD and replace with the new HD
    5. Boot up with your new HD.

topgundcp, May 5, 2020
  4. Arun B J Win User

Update restored to two years ago

Since the most recent Windows 10 update a few days ago, I've got a couple of taskbar issues in Windows 10

Hi,

I realized your concern and will assist you to resolve the issue.

If you’re referring to cumulative update then I would suggest you to uninstall the updated and check if it helps.

Step 1: Follow the steps below to uninstall the updates.

• Go to control panel, then click on Programs and Features.

• Tap on View installed updates, then find the latest updated installed.

• Right click and uninstall the update.
    If the issue persist I suggest you to perform System restore and check if it helps.

Step 2: Perform System Restore.

Since the issue occurred after an update, I suggest you to perform system restore.

Refer this section Restore from a system restore pointin
    the below link and check if it helps.

http://windows.microsoft.com/en-gb/windows-10/windows-10-recovery-options

Important Note: Restoring won’t affect your personal files, but it will remove apps, drivers and updates installed after the restore point was made.

Hope this helps. If the issue remains unresolved, please get back to us and we would be happy to help.

Arun B J, May 5, 2020
Thema:

Update restored to two years ago

1. Update restored to two years ago - Similar Threads - Update restored years

2. Desktop went back to how it was four years ago, how do I restore it?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Desktop went back to how it was four years ago, how do I restore it?: Last night I switched off my pc and the next morning it wouldnt start up. I had to turn it on 3 times and each time there was something about BIOS i couldnt really understand. When I finally got my pc up and running my desktop was back how it was in november 2019. All my new...
  3. Desktop went back to how it was four years ago, how do I restore it?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Desktop went back to how it was four years ago, how do I restore it?: Last night I switched off my pc and the next morning it wouldnt start up. I had to turn it on 3 times and each time there was something about BIOS i couldnt really understand. When I finally got my pc up and running my desktop was back how it was in november 2019. All my new...
  4. Desktop went back to how it was four years ago, how do I restore it?

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
  5. BSODs for the past two years.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    BSODs for the past two years.: Hello,I've been having BSODs for the past roughly 2 years, on specific games, I'm on a high-end computer, and I'm at the point where it seems like it has to be a hardware issue, I've tried uninstalling massive amounts of drivers including the Xbox controller driver, factory...
  6. Can I restore a file folder to the state it was a day or two (or more) ago?

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Can I restore a file folder to the state it was a day or two (or more) ago?: I accidentally corrupted a minecraft world, and I prefer not dealing with a whole system reset since it seems like the last recovery point that was before that was on the 7th of May and i've done some things since then. Well how can I restore a folder (specifically the...
  7. ssd split in two parts years ago and i dont know how to fix

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    ssd split in two parts years ago and i dont know how to fix: [ATTACH] https://preview.redd.it/3mdfk7q81jw41.jpg?width=275&format=pjpg&auto=webp&s=9bf7955c363c3c52c5636a6cc57e369b0b030145 i have a 120gb samsung ssd and few years ago somehow i splitted into two as c: and m: . i tried a few things earlier but didnt work. i just want...
  8. restore to 2 days ago

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    restore to 2 days ago: I want to restore computer to 2 days ago. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/restore-to-2-days-ago/85995d58-361e-497c-9c7b-7972ccc13c4d
  9. WIndows Store stopped working two updates ago

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    WIndows Store stopped working two updates ago: I have Windows 10 on PC and Laptop and I found out that two Widnows Store updates ago I made on PC, Windows Store stopped working good, since in the opening screen it does not have small banners of individual apps as it should be but it has only greyed and empty big boxes....
  10. TEST created two years ago to get rid of Windows.old

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    TEST created two years ago to get rid of Windows.old: Two years ago, Microsoft Support slipped over onto my computer to get rid of Windows.old that didn't disappear after the thirty day thingy. They created a TEST somehow and for whatever reason and put the Windows.old over into that Folder. Today, I happened to light onto that...