Windows 10: update reverts default browser and other hijinx

Discus and support update reverts default browser and other hijinx in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; so, I got a friend whose computer is essentially a brick right now in terms of capability, I'm posting on her behalf. her computer received update... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by xraiderv1, Aug 21, 2019.

1. xraiderv1 Win User

update reverts default browser and other hijinx

so, I got a friend whose computer is essentially a brick right now in terms of capability, I'm posting on her behalf.

her computer received update version:1903 build:18362.295 and now its changing her default programs back to microsoft defaults, it erased her preferences for starwars, her passwords are gone, and I have no idea how to help her.

:)

xraiderv1, Aug 21, 2019

2. Unable to set default browser

• Does this issue happens while you try to set other browser as default too or is it specific to specific browser?

Any browser.

Already did the steps you suggested. It's some kind of bug where it's impossible to set a default browser at all.

I heard elsewhere from one other user
    that it seems to be a problem with upgrading to 10 on the SP3. Sounds very specifc.

guustavooo, Aug 21, 2019
  3. Changing default browser to IE and wifi issues

Hi Ed,

Thank you for posting your query in Microsoft Community.

I suggest you to follow the steps below and check if it helps.

• In desktop search, type default app settings and select the result.

• Under Web browser, click the current browser (EDGE).

• Choose Internet Explorer and set it as
      default.

Hope it helps.

SujataMoktan, Aug 21, 2019
  4. update reverts default browser and other hijinx

Unable to set default browser

Hi,

Thank you for posting on Microsoft Community. I understand the inconvenience you are facing. I will certainly help you with this.

The information which you have provided is not enough for us to determine the issue. Please provide us more information.

• Does this issue happens while you try to set other browser as default too or is it specific to specific browser?

To set Internet Explorer/Edge as a default browser, I suggest you to follow the below given steps:

• Press Windows key and type Default Program in search and hit enter.
    • Select "Set your default programs"
    • Click on “Internet Explorer" or “Edge”.
    • Select "Set this program as default” and Click OK.

Please post back with the results and the information asked, we will be glad to assist you further.

Thank you.

Parth P Patel, Aug 21, 2019
Thema:

update reverts default browser and other hijinx

1. update reverts default browser and other hijinx - Similar Threads - update reverts default

2. default browser

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    default browser: Was using edge but after seeing how you change the default browser settings, I'll never use it again.Going back to chrome. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/default-browser/4723a7df-2e34-4e4a-85cc-588ce3500c1b
  3. Default browser

in Windows 10 Customization
    Default browser: I just loaded Win10 on a new hard drive and then downloaded Firefox. I was asked if this was my default browser and I answered yes,however every time I open it I get the same question about default browser. Can this be turned off or something? Thanks...
  4. Default Browser . . .

Default Browser . . .: My computer, is a. Dell laptop running, Windows 10 pro . . . Boy, did I screw up . . . I have, many different browsers, on my computer . . . Google Chrome, Firefox, Ice Dragon. And not, Internet Explorer. Or, so I thought? Ice Dragon, was my default browser. But, it kept...
  5. Default Browser . . .

Default Browser . . .: I have a Dell laptop, running Windows 10 pro. I use Internet Explorer, Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox and, Comodo Ice Dragon, browsers. I use, Comodo Ice Dragon, as my default browser. My question is, is it possible To use, a different browser for different things? For...
  6. Default Browser . . .

Default Browser . . .: Problem with the Default Browser . . . . I have a, Dell laptop, running Windows 10 pro.. The browsers, I have installed: Internet Explorer Google Chrome Mozilla Firefox - Just installed. Internet Explorer is currently, my default browser. I would like to make, Mozilla...
  7. Default Browser

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Default Browser: I have a Windows computer and it won't let me choose the default browser as chrome!! I reset it to chrome so many times but Yahoo keeps showing up when I search up something in a new tab.......
  8. Default Browser

Default Browser: Hi Good evening I am trying to set up my new desktop and I have the following question. Which browser should be the default? I need to have java and flash installed. And I decide which one to use, do I delete the...
  9. Default Browser

Default Browser: i cant change default browser when i change default browser settings display hide https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/windows_10-other_settings/default-browser/4e82e26c-6efb-49c6-b8ee-fdffafe8797c
  10. Default Browser

in Browsers and Email
    Default Browser: I have Internet Explorer set as my default browser. Each time I click on a link to website (often in an email) Windows asks which App to use to open the link. I highlight "Internet Explorer" and check the box "Always use this App" Sure enough the next time I click on a...