Windows 10: Update ruined network controller.

Discus and support Update ruined network controller. in Windows 10 Ask Insider to solve the problem; Hey all, With this latest windows update also came this neat feature where my network controller doesn't work. I'm running an ROG Areion 10G network... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Ask Insider' started by /u/NJeep, Apr 1, 2020.

1. /u/NJeep Win User

Update ruined network controller.

Hey all, With this latest windows update also came this neat feature where my network controller doesn't work. I'm running an ROG Areion 10G network card on a Zenith Extreme mobo. If I switch to wifi I have internet however the network card and the onboard ethernet port can't identify my network. Device manager says the network controller is unidentified and I try to install drivers but it says the network controller can't be installed. The Aerion 10G card and the onboard are recognized. Tried uninstalling the network controller and rebooting, still nothing. Any suggestions? I don't want to roll back windows if I don't have to. Anyone else experiencing this? Please help me cure my headache.

submitted by /u/NJeep
    [link] [comments]

:)

/u/NJeep, Apr 1, 2020
  2. NavyLCDR Win User

Win 10 update ruined my computer

I will gladly dispose of any "ruined computer" that Windows 10 has "ruined". Just ship them to me and I will take care of disposing of the "ruined" hardware!

NavyLCDR, May 25, 2020
  3. network connectivity

I highly suggest that you try these steps instead:

• Press theWindows
      key + X button on your keyboard.

• Go to
      Control Panel.

• Select
      Network and Sharing Center.

• Click on
      Internet options.

• Choose
      Connections
      tab.

• Click on
      LAN Settings.

• Uncheck
      Use a Proxy server for your LAN.

• Click
      Apply, then
      OK.

CourageDog, May 25, 2020
  4. Update ruined network controller.

Network adaptor

Hi,

Welcome to Microsoft Community and thank you for your interest in Windows 10.

You may follow the steps provided below and check if it helps to resolve the issue

Windows has a built-in troubleshooter to check and fix issues with Internet connection. I would suggest you to run this troubleshooter to check if the issue is with your internet.

Refer these steps:

• Press Windows key +X, select Control panel
    • Change the view by option on the top right to Large icons
    • Click on troubleshooting and click on the view all option on the left panel
    • Run the Internet Connection troubleshooter

Method 2: Try updating the latest Network Adapter drivers from the manufacturer's website and check if the issue persists.

• Follow the steps to update the Network Adapter drivers:

• Press Windows key + X key and click Device Manager.

• Expand Network Adapter.

• Right-click on the Ethernet and click on Update driver software.

• Restart the computer and check.
    For games I suggest you to disable the proxy settings and then try to download the games.

Hope this information was helpful and do let us know if you need further assistance. We will be glad to assist.

Karthicka_R, May 25, 2020
Thema:

Update ruined network controller.

1. Update ruined network controller. - Similar Threads - Update ruined network

2. Windows update ruines sound

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows update ruines sound: EVerytime, I still dont know what procedures i go through to fix it, a bunch of random reboots and frustration and it starts working again. The headphone jack doesnt know its plugged in, this is a software issue, the smart jack is so smart. Sound test works playing through...
  3. Windows update ruines sound

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Windows update ruines sound: EVerytime, I still dont know what procedures i go through to fix it, a bunch of random reboots and frustration and it starts working again. The headphone jack doesnt know its plugged in, this is a software issue, the smart jack is so smart. Sound test works playing through...
  4. Update ruined computer

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Update ruined computer: Hi guys. I’m not an expert but I’m reasonably tech savvy and can follow instructions. My computer has an SSD, plenty of room and I’ve never had a problem with it. It has been the perfect computer until I installed the latest updates. Audio doesn’t work at all and the...
  5. Update ruined my computer

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Update ruined my computer: I'm so frustrated. My computer updated on the 14th, I believe and it made all my files, bookmarks, passwords, settings,n lightroom presets, etc disappear. I've restarted a billion times, I've tried to uninstall the update, I've tried to restore to a previous backup several...
  6. Updates Ruined My Computer

Updates Ruined My Computer: Help immediately needed. Since your latest updates my computer has not worked right since. You deleted my background picture, plug & play no longer works so I cannot use my devices, autoplay no longer works so I cannot even start my devices. I can no longer use the internet....
  7. Security update ruins WiFi.

Security update ruins WiFi.: I have Windows 10 Pro, version 1903. I updated it on 1/15/2020. It screwed up my WiFi. I have been unable to uninstall the update. The message that I get when attempting to connect the WiFi is, "Can't connect to this network." I attempted to include a screen print....
  8. The May 2019 update ruined the AMD Audio Controller

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    The May 2019 update ruined the AMD Audio Controller: This has been happening ever since I installed this update. Audio will ONLY play through speakers and not headphones, or vice versa; it's competently random as to which one it chooses. I figured out the only way fix it (temporarily) is to go in Device Manager and disable and...
  9. Updates that ruined my laptop

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Updates that ruined my laptop: Bought an Asus laptop 6 months ago. It was working fine then an update screwed up my laptop so bad it's wifi indicator is missing and there is a notification that my windows 10 isn't activated. What the hell? How can I fix this?...
  10. Update ruined me

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Update ruined me: Dell ins. 5050 windows 10 update now computer will not load and has no previous build to restore to!!!!! What can I do to get pc going without a recovery disc...