Windows 10: Update(s) causing System hang, graphics problems and slowness

Discus and support Update(s) causing System hang, graphics problems and slowness in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; ANY TECH COMMENTING WITHOUT READING WILL BE REPORTED !!!! I don't know which update triggered this but I not only have the problem on my laptops here,... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by Zmad, Apr 19, 2019.

1. Zmad Win User

Update(s) causing System hang, graphics problems and slowness

ANY TECH COMMENTING WITHOUT READING WILL BE REPORTED !!!!
    I don't know which update triggered this but I not only have the problem on my laptops here, but it has crashed my desktop.

I have spoken to 5-6 level 1 techs and 2 or 3 level 2 techs to no avail. The problem persists !!

An update has caused my system to respond VERY slowly.

I have done a complete reinstall Didn't fix it.(because it added the faulty update(s)) Techs have done remote a few times & DIDN'T fix it. WHEN is Microsoft going to FIX the issues CAUSED(they admitted it) by their update(s)

:)

2. System slow down

Hello,

Slow PC performance can be caused by several factors. Since you are aware of the issue's source, we suggest that you run the
    Maintenance task. This will help you in checking and resolving any issues that is causing your device to slow down. Here are the steps:

• Press Windows + X.
    • Select Control Panel.
    • Select Troubleshooting.
    • Click on Run maintenance task under System and Security.

If the issue is still not resolved, feel free to let us know and we'll assist you further.

Regene Jos, Apr 19, 2019
  3. CSeneff Win User
    Windows Update causes system to hang

I agreed to help a family friend with her Acer E5-574G-54Y2 laptop with Windows 10 Home x64. It had an issue that caused it to permanently lock up after a few minutes of use, even after disabling all non-Microsoft services. I noticed the issue stopped if
    I booted to Safe Mode, and ultimately I found that disabling the Windows Update service in System Configuration stopped the system from hanging. I took the steps outlined in article ID 971058, but this had no effect. I also ran SFC and was unable to find any
    problems, and the issue persisted after a doing a reset. I tried formatting the hard drive and reinstalling Windows, this too had no effect on the issue. At this point it seems that I will have to leave Windows Update disabled in the interest of having a functioning
    machine. Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated.

***Post moved by the moderator to the appropriate forum category.***

CSeneff, Apr 19, 2019
  4. Mayra Aqu Win User

Updates slowing computer performance

Hi,

Listed below are possible causes why Windows is running slow:

• Too many application installed.
    • Virus and malware.
    • Corrupted system files.
    • Outdated drivers.

For us to assist you with the concern, we suggest following the steps on this
    article

Update us with the outcome so we can provide further assistance.

Mayra Aqu, Apr 19, 2019
Thema:

1. Update(s) causing System hang, graphics problems and slowness - Similar Threads - Update causing System

2. Slow / Hanging Internet

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Slow / Hanging Internet: Hey all,I have a PC with Windows 11 installed. I have reasonably fast internet via ethernet. However, every browser + website is slow, occasionally hanging for 10s-20s at a time.No other device in the household behaves this way. I have a Surface Pro 4 with Windows 10...
  3. Interpret Windows logging to determine cause of system hang of headless system

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Interpret Windows logging to determine cause of system hang of headless system: This turned out to be most likely more a Windows issue than something else. I have a headless system running Windows 10 Pro for my Domoticz home automation. Every now and then the system completely stops responding. I cannot get to my home automation website. I don't see...
  4. system hang problem.

system hang problem.: Dear sir, I am working on windows 10. when i was installed in PC then working so good. But now days system performance working to bad. Pc started after 5-6 minutes system is hanged. so please solve this problem ASAP. Thanks,...
  5. searchUI.exe causes Windows 10 Pro system to hang

searchUI.exe causes Windows 10 Pro system to hang: I have a Windows 10 Pro system that is fully updated. My computer is a dual Xeon 2.4ghz system with 48gb of ram and an EVGA Nvidia GTX 1660 Super video card. The problem that I'm having is that when the system is idle it freezes. When it is in use I rarely get this...
  6. Graphics problem and update problems

Graphics problem and update problems: hi i recently updated the windows 10 os pc to 1809 but when ever i move my mouse the graphics seems slower and you can notice these lines in it even when i watch movies could you maybe try and improve the amd graphics in next update so its not so notice-able thx hope you look...
  7. system use 100% of my gpu and causing hang

system use 100% of my gpu and causing hang: This problem happen after window startup and sometime it happen randomly. I have updated all the drivers and also do a fresh start (under device performance & health) which it delete all my installed app but still happen even after that. Need help. Hp pavilion 15 au091tx...
  8. installing or uninstalling video drivers causes system to hang

in Windows 10 Graphic Cards
    installing or uninstalling video drivers causes system to hang: Hello i'm coming here from AMD forums and going to repost my problem here as someone suggested, maybe you have come up against similar trouble. I have since updated my motherboard drivers but it didn't change overall situation. I'm having problems installing/uninstalling...
  9. Large files on external drive cause system to hang

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Large files on external drive cause system to hang: Hi all, I have an HP Spectre laptop. I work in television and have to transfer very large files (70-100gb each). When a drive containing those files are connected, the system will hang - sometimes for a short time, sometimes it requires a hard boot. Not sure what is causing...
  10. Slow load,system hang

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Slow load,system hang: Having problems on my W10 desktop PC. Booting up the system was hanging at login screen after entering in my p/w. Made it past the login screen and able to get to desktop, AV and other apps begin to load and everything seems to hang. Brought up task manager and it just froze...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. system hangs and slowness