Windows 10: Update schedule settings locked after turning off

Discus and support Update schedule settings locked after turning off in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; Please help me!!! I have an update pending for Windows 10. So I opened the "schedule a time" screen and then picked a date and time. But then I tried... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by Ondrashek06, Sep 27, 2019.

1. Update schedule settings locked after turning off

Please help me!!! I have an update pending for Windows 10. So I opened the "schedule a time" screen and then picked a date and time. But then I tried what does the on/off switch do and when I switched it to off, it got greyed out and now I cannot re-pick the date! How do I unlock this? I set the time and date to next Thursday but when I turned it off, it picked today and I just cannot pick it again. Great.
    (Please note that I do have an update scheduled, this is not like I do not have one so it's locked.)
    Update schedule settings locked after turning off 98875aa6-b2f3-473a-9c27-ea784304b3a2?upload=true.png

:)

Ondrashek06, Sep 27, 2019

2. Update Schedule

I am trying to adjust the settings for the automatic updates so it will not interfere with the work hours that I am using the computer. The virtual agent in the microsoft help center gave me instructions on how to adjust these :

• Select Start 
      > Settings 
      > Update & security 
      > Windows Update
      .Under Update settings, select
      Restart options.
    • Turn on the toggle under Schedule a time. Then use the time and date selectors to set an update time that’s convenient for you

The issue I am having is that when I go into the restart options tab the toggle for
    Schedule a time is not able to be turned on. Could someone please help me figure out what settings I may need to change first in order to turn on the schedule a time toggle.

SaginawFin, Sep 27, 2019
  3. Scheduling Windows 10 updates

Hi Anthony,

We suggest you to schedule a restart instead, after downloading Windows update. To do that, follow the steps below:

• Windows icon.
    • Type Settings.
    • Click Update and Security.
    • Click Advanced options.
    • On Choose how update are installed, click the drop down button. See the screenshot below:

Update schedule settings locked after turning off 86cfa2c8-ff26-40b8-948b-dab72e5034b1.png

Regards.

Jesebel Ova, Sep 27, 2019
  4. Update schedule settings locked after turning off

Disk optimization scheduling in Windows 10

Hi,

Welcome to Microsoft Community.

I suggest you to follow the below steps and check if it helps.

• In search select Defragment and optimize drives

• Click on change settings

• In optimization schedule

• In frequency select the options accordingly.
    Please let us know if you need further assistance.

Thank you.

`

Divya Murugan, Sep 27, 2019
Thema:

Update schedule settings locked after turning off

1. Update schedule settings locked after turning off - Similar Threads - Update schedule settings

2. Laptop locks/hibernates after closing lid even with setting turned off

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Laptop locks/hibernates after closing lid even with setting turned off: I currently use an additional monitor plugged into my laptop, and I have it set up to not do anything when I close the lid, so that I can watch shows/movies on the monitor with the lid closed so that screen isn't on. I have had it like this for 3+ years. Recently when doing...
  3. Laptop locks/hibernates after closing lid even with setting turned off

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Laptop locks/hibernates after closing lid even with setting turned off: I currently use an additional monitor plugged into my laptop, and I have it set up to not do anything when I close the lid, so that I can watch shows/movies on the monitor with the lid closed so that screen isn't on. I have had it like this for 3+ years. Recently when doing...
  4. Laptop locks/hibernates after closing lid even with setting turned off

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. turn off locked screen

in Windows 10 Gaming
    turn off locked screen: like to have auto log in would be nicethe only one how use it any way https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/turn-off-locked-screen/1539fbb0-730b-4d1e-b2b6-73ffa172710e
  6. turn off locked screen

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    turn off locked screen: like to have auto log in would be nicethe only one how use it any way https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/turn-off-locked-screen/1539fbb0-730b-4d1e-b2b6-73ffa172710e
  7. turn off locked screen

in Windows 10 Customization
  8. Turning the displays off after locking windows?

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Turning the displays off after locking windows?: Every time I lock my computer, my 3 monitors will always stay on. I even set it up so pressing the power button will turn off the displays, but after a second they all just turn back on. Is there a way to keep suspend my monitors after locking my computer? I'd rather not...
  9. Turning on lock screen after turning off auto logon

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Turning on lock screen after turning off auto logon: Hi. Some time ago i posted question about turning off auto logon and now i have another problem. I and my family wants to see those spotlight pictures on lock screen (not blured like on sign in screen), but any guides doesn't work. After installing Group policy editor i don't...
  10. Number Lock always turned off after restarting

in Windows 10 Customization
    Number Lock always turned off after restarting: Whenever I start up my laptop or close it the my 10 key number pad defaults to the directional buttons (page up, page down, etc.) I only use the keypad for entering numbers so I constantly have to push the number lock button to change it. Is there a way to set the keypad to...