Windows 10: Update Security 30 days?!!! How to Expedite???

Discus and support Update Security 30 days?!!! How to Expedite??? in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security to solve the problem; I am trying to help my cousin with his computer. The Security Info in his Microsoft account has the wrong phone number which he needs it to be... Discussion in 'AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security' started by Hung Lo, Aug 17, 2021.

1. Hung Lo Win User

Update Security 30 days?!!! How to Expedite???

I am trying to help my cousin with his computer. The Security Info in his Microsoft account has the wrong phone number which he needs it to be corrected so that a PIN can be sent to her so I updated it and then found out it takes 30 days?!?!!!I tried to cancel the request, but it then says it will text a code but it would be to the incorrect number. Can someone help?

:)

Hung Lo, Aug 17, 2021

2. Didn't know updating security info would take 30 days...

Why is my Microsoft account security info change still pending?

Applies to: Microsoft Account

When you remove all your old security info and replace it with something new, your Microsoft account is restricted for 30 days. During that time, we'll send notifications to the phone number or email address that's being removed, in case an attacker is attempting
    to remove your information. We can't expedite this process.

If you didn't make the security changes, or you changed your mind:

Go to Protect your account and sign in.

At the security info change is still pending, select If you didn't request this, let us know.

Or, you changed your mind and want to keep your existing security info, select Cancel this request.

What you can do while changes are pending

If you made the security info changes:

After 30 days, the security information you chose to remove will be deleted.

During this 30-day period, you can still access most Microsoft services, but you won't be able to do things that require a security code, like changing your password, email addresses or manage parental controls online.

You can view, change, or add billing information, and make purchases.

If you have two-step verification enabled:

You won't be able to sign in to your account unless you have the Microsoft

Authenticator app and had previously set it up on this account, or you have access to your old security information. This includes not being able to sign in to other Microsoft services such as Outlook.com or OneDrive.

Paul_Mykel, Aug 17, 2021
  3. Does changing security information take 30 days?

Hi Sharon,

Yes, it takes 30 days to update the security information for your account.

However you can still change the password. After 30 days you will receive an email to confirm security info change. Once you confirm it, then it will be changed.

Microsoft account FAQ:

Microsoft account | Sign In or Create Your Account Today – Microsoft

In future, if you have any issues related to Microsoft account, do get back to us. We will be happy to assist you.

Thank you.

Kalpana Shankarappa, Aug 17, 2021
  4. curatia Win User

Microsoft Edge TLS Security

After trying everything (not a lot of steps) listed in the Microsoft Edge support site, I did a wider search and found this very simple youtube video that fixed it immediately:

For those who prefer not to click links the steps are simple:

1. Click in the Cortana search bar next to the Win 10 Start button

2. Type internet options

3. Select internet options (control panel) from the list

4. Click on the advanced tab

5. Scroll down to the security section

6. Make sure the following are all clicked:
    Use SSL 3.0
    Use TLS 1.0
    Use TLS 1.1
    Use TLS 1.2

7. Click apply

8. Refresh the page that was giving the error and it should now connect.

Hope this helps, it was a 30 second fix after hours of pounding my head against the error with the Support site suggestions.

curatia, Aug 17, 2021
Thema:

1. Update Security 30 days?!!! How to Expedite??? - Similar Threads - Update Security days

2. Security info not updated EVEN AFTER 30 days

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Security info not updated EVEN AFTER 30 days: I have an annoying issue !!!!!! I applied for an update on my security info on 1st October 2023 when I came to the UK from India coz I don’t have my previous number now. I waited patiently for 30 days as it said that it’s going to be updated by 31 October 2023. But it’s still...
  3. Security info not updated EVEN AFTER 30 days

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Security info not updated EVEN AFTER 30 days: I have an annoying issue !!!!!! I applied for an update on my security info on 1st October 2023 when I came to the UK from India coz I don’t have my previous number now. I waited patiently for 30 days as it said that it’s going to be updated by 31 October 2023. But it’s still...
  4. 30 days

in Windows 10 Gaming
    30 days: Hi can u please help me https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/30-days/86fbd689-8b50-44d1-a85f-f022bca8f1cb
  5. 30 days

30 days: Hi can u please help me https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/30-days/86fbd689-8b50-44d1-a85f-f022bca8f1cb
  6. 30 days

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
  7. Expedite the process of changing security info

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Expedite the process of changing security info: Please help me on how to expedite this process. Previously i used my former company email and i dont have access to that email anymore. Thus i change the security info to my current phone number. But i have to wait for 30 days to access my account as stated below:"You can't...
  8. Expedite the process of changing security info

Expedite the process of changing security info: Please help me on how to expedite this process. Previously i used my former company email and i dont have access to that email anymore. Thus i change the security info to my current phone number. But i have to wait for 30 days to access my account as stated below:"You can't...
  9. Bypass 30 day billing security restriction.

in Microsoft Windows 10 Store
    Bypass 30 day billing security restriction.: My friends recently brought the free game Vigor and after looking into it it looks like a fun game to play. The problem was the game is only on the Microsoft store website not the desktop app, this created several problems for me. I tried to download the game with my main...
  10. Update stuck on 30% for days

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Update stuck on 30% for days: Hi, hoping for some advice! Laptop has been updating windows 10 for days now - keeps getting stuck at "Working in updates, 30% complete, don't turn off your computer." Have tried to restart, still stays stuck. Can't access any menus or functions from the screen it's on!...