Windows 10: Update & Security Closes When Activated

Discus and support Update & Security Closes When Activated in Windows 10 Updates and Activation to solve the problem; Greetings, first post, thank you for reading. When I activate the Update & Security from within Settings, the program IMMEDIATELY closes. I have gone... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Updates and Activation' started by PosseJohn, Dec 31, 2018.

1. PosseJohn Win User

Update & Security Closes When Activated

Greetings, first post, thank you for reading.

When I activate the Update & Security from within Settings, the program IMMEDIATELY closes.

I have gone into Services (As Administrator) and see the Windows Update is DISABLED.

When I change the setting from DISABLED to AUTOMATIC, I get denied with a message saying 'Access is denied.'

I tried using Ultimate Windows Tweaker 4.5 - Security & Privacy - Windows - and CLEAR the Disable Windows Update Service, apply tweaks, reboot, and no change is evident.

I've run RSOP, and cannot see any policy that is blocking this ability.
    Computer Configuration -Administrative Templates -Windows Components -Windows Update -Configure Automatic Updates - ENABLED
    Where might I go to fix this bugger...

Thank you.

:)

PosseJohn, Dec 31, 2018
  2. dalchina Win User

Update & Security Closes When Activated [​IMG]

Do you see the bottom one? (That's v4.3)
    And it does suggest using restore points - although these are very temperamental when it comes to restoring, sadly.

dalchina, Jan 10, 2020
  3. PosseJohn Win User

Some more screen shots.

PosseJohn, Jan 10, 2020
  4. PosseJohn Win User

The results are attached.

PosseJohn, Jan 10, 2020
Thema:

1. Update & Security Closes When Activated - Similar Threads - Update Security Closes

2. security, updates, location activity, etc.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    security, updates, location activity, etc.: I realize I may be way behind, but I still use Windows 8 !! Will any of the updates, etc. still apply to me ?Guess i could use a lot of help here ! https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/security-updates-location-activity-etc/e15c85cf-ad92-4926-98e3-aab6680f0983
  3. security, updates, location activity, etc.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    security, updates, location activity, etc.: I realize I may be way behind, but I still use Windows 8 !! Will any of the updates, etc. still apply to me ?Guess i could use a lot of help here ! https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/security-updates-location-activity-etc/e15c85cf-ad92-4926-98e3-aab6680f0983
  4. windows security settings closing immediately after closing

in Windows 10 Gaming
    windows security settings closing immediately after closing: Whenever i open windows security, the window instantly closes. i've tried using sfc /scannow, reinstalling windows and checking for malware with Malwarebytes. However none of these solutions seemed to help me. i'm also missing the windows defender service and antimalware...
  5. windows security settings closing immediately after closing

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    windows security settings closing immediately after closing: Whenever i open windows security, the window instantly closes. i've tried using sfc /scannow, reinstalling windows and checking for malware with Malwarebytes. However none of these solutions seemed to help me. i'm also missing the windows defender service and antimalware...
  6. windows security settings closing immediately after closing

in Windows 10 Customization
  7. Windows Security opens and closes

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Windows Security opens and closes: No matter how many times i try to open it it just gives me a glimpse of the tab and closes.I have been facing this issue from past 2-3 months https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/windows-security-opens-and-closes/771b496e-edf9-455d-a8c4-97854821506c
  8. Active Window Closes

in Windows 10 Customization
    Active Window Closes: Anyone have this happen? When I click to open my Gmail icon (Windows 10) and either click or hover over a message the window closes and goes back to the main desktop. No problem on other devices just my desktop. Thanks to anyone who helps....
  9. Win10 - Every application closes when "active"

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Win10 - Every application closes when "active": Hello, I have a very serious problem with Windows 10. Every application or window closes when I click on it (when the window is activated) It also append whith the desktop. If I click on it, every icons disappears. Same with taskbar, if I click on it, it disappear....
  10. "Update & security" tab on Settings flashes for a second, then closes.

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    "Update & security" tab on Settings flashes for a second, then closes.: I'm trying to access Windows Update, but when I click on the Update & security tab on Settings, it flashes for a brief moment then closes. My PC specs are: CPU: Intel i5-4460 GPU: ASUS GTX 950 STRIX OC 2GB Motherboard: Gigabyte Z97P-D3 RAM: Kingston HyperX Fury Black 8GB...