Windows 10: Update seems to have reset my desktop monitor settings?

Discus and support Update seems to have reset my desktop monitor settings? in Windows 10 Ask Insider to solve the problem; Hiya, just updated my laptop (took LONG this time) and now the background foto of my desktop is just gone (everything is black). Desktop icons and... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Ask Insider' started by /u/KasreynGyre, Nov 20, 2020.

1. Update seems to have reset my desktop monitor settings?

Hiya, just updated my laptop (took LONG this time) and now the background foto of my desktop is just gone (everything is black). Desktop icons and files are still there, but the resolution seems to have changed to a clunkier setting. This has never happened with another update. Did any of you experience the same thing?

submitted by /u/KasreynGyre
    [link] [comments]

:)

/u/KasreynGyre, Nov 20, 2020

2. Trouble with 2 monitors

Hi Tim,

Thank you for posting your query in Microsoft Community.

I suggest you to change the settings to Extended Monitor and check if it helps.

Please follow below steps:

• Right Click any ware of the Desktop, and launch Personalization.
    • Go to dual monitor settings under personalization, and change it Extended Monitor.
    Please get back to us for future support, we’ll be glad to assist you further.

Thank you.

Prabhavathi Patil, Nov 20, 2020
  3. HELP 5870 Issues:CCC resets settings on restart, Partial desktop, Lock in 2D clocks!

I didn't understand! Are suggesting this as a prelude to re-installing the CCC again?
    If yes, it's the case of fresh windows installation which I already did..
    If no, removing CCC will result in the desktop switching to a horrible low rez (800x600) and there'll be no black border and no partial desktop!!
    I did try removing only the monitors' drivers, as I said in my first post (Step 3), but I guess It wasn't clear..Sorry! English is not my first language, you know!

4. FAXA Win User

Update seems to have reset my desktop monitor settings?

Reseting monitor to default settings?

Is it possibel to reset the monitor to default settings?

My problem is that I accidently set the monitor to 100Hz, so it went black in windows. I can get into safe mode with no problems, but in normal mode the monitor stays black. Is it possible to set the Hz in safe mode? I can't access the NVIDIA control panel in safe mode, and the monitor properties say 'Use Defaults'.

Monitor model is: Dell D1226H.

Thanks

FAXA

Thema:

Update seems to have reset my desktop monitor settings?

1. Update seems to have reset my desktop monitor settings? - Similar Threads - Update seems reset

2. Desktop seems to have become the root directory

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Desktop seems to have become the root directory: Hello,My desktop seems to have become the root directory. It is now contains all the files on my computer and displays un-openable icons of data files. My account name or whatever it is called is now a sub-directory of Desktop. A total mess.I have attached screen shots of the...
  3. Desktop seems to have become the root directory

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Desktop seems to have become the root directory: Hello,My desktop seems to have become the root directory. It is now contains all the files on my computer and displays un-openable icons of data files. My account name or whatever it is called is now a sub-directory of Desktop. A total mess.I have attached screen shots of the...
  4. Desktop seems to have response delays

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Desktop seems to have response delays: Hello r/windows, I am having two issues that I feel might be connected. Back in December my windows installation crashed out of the blue, and with the help of a friend I managed to navigate the intricacies of the installation process to reinstall a fresh copy of windows....
  5. june 2020 windows 10 updates seems to have corrupted my settings?

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    june 2020 windows 10 updates seems to have corrupted my settings?: Hello - I bought a Windows 10 laptop 3 weeks back. I installed Google Chrome as browser and arranged many bookmarks/shortcuts etc. I also transferred I-Tunes over from my previous laptop and all was working ok until last night there were a number of automatic windows 10...
  6. WINDOWS UPDATES RESETTING MY PERSONAL DESKTOP SETTINGS

WINDOWS UPDATES RESETTING MY PERSONAL DESKTOP SETTINGS: Each time I receive an MS update for MS Edge my computer is reset and I am taken back to the "Microsoft Edge Welcome Page"? I have to continuously rebuild my personal desktop settings and must also re-authorize some of my software applications. I may receive updates 2 or 3...
  7. How to reset all the setting on my monitors

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    How to reset all the setting on my monitors: I resently got a second monitor. For about a week everything was normal. Then weird things started happening (you can go to my previous post to see what), but no one offered any help with fixing it. So now I would like to know how to reset all the settings with my monitors....
  8. Computer resets monitor settings

in Windows 10 Customization
    Computer resets monitor settings: My monitor display is dim. I adjust the monitor settings, but a few minutes later they automatically reset to their previous levels. I have turned off adaptive brightness and changed my power plan to high performance, but to no effect....
  9. Windows Update Keeps Resetting My Desktop and Settings

Windows Update Keeps Resetting My Desktop and Settings: The most recent Windows 10 update, at the end of August, has caused my laptop's desktop to reset each time I turn on or restart the system. Most of the desktop icons disappear and the background reverts to the default Windows image. On top of that, it seems that all of my...
  10. Windows update seems to have made my monitor disconnect during boot

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Windows update seems to have made my monitor disconnect during boot: I have a monitor problem that started immediately after a Windows update three days ago. During the boot sequence, after the BIOS phase and partway through the Windows phase, the monitor loses signal and switches into power saving mode. Hardware: Dell Precision M4700 laptop...